Re: honda remote starter
The pre-2005 vintage electronics in the Ridgeline do not accommodate a factory or dealer-installed remote start option.
Honda's Remote Start II accessory is relatively pricey at $399 MSRP (you can get it cheaper), but there are advantages over aftermarket systems such as:
- It's all plug-and-play (no splicing/cutting of wires which is required by most aftermarket systems)
- It is covered under Honda's warranty if installed at time of purchase (aftermarket systems have their own warranty, which is less reliable)
- It is integrated with the vehicle's electronics so that it can disallow remote start if there is a problem with the vehicle that illuminates the CHECK ENGINE or LOW OIL PRESSURE lights (aftermarket systems don't do this)
- It has an indicator on the remote that shows you how hot or cold the interior is based on the climate control's cabin temperature reading (aftermarket systems don't do this)
- It replaces your keyless entry remote, so you don't have to carry around multiple keyfobs (unlike many aftermarket systems)