Question please... - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver / Gray
Question Question please...

Dealer is installing the Honda tonnaue cover today, was told the bed plastic panels had to come out so eight holes per side could be drilled for mounting the cover. Does anyone know anything about this procedure? Is it that big of a deal to install? And if so, how hard would it be to remove if or when I need the full bed space? Thanks for any information! Nick

Nicholas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 11:14 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Color: Billet Silver / Gray
Send a message via Yahoo to bongus
Re: Question please...

This subject has been covered (no pun intended) in this forum. The biggest concern I have about the cover is it not waterproof. Beware.

What we do in life echos in eternity!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 11:56 AM

Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige

It certainly does seem to be a big deal to install the Honda tonneau cover. I personally do not like it at all because the front section is permanent and does not provide the ability to even lift or tilt it to gain access to the front half of the bed. The installation instructions can be seen at http://www.handa-accessories.com/ Also, there is additional information available under the Accessories thread. BAK industries should be just about ready to release their roll-up aluminum tonneau cover. See WWW.bakliner.com for details. I will order one as soon as they are available. I believe that I saw a pre-release guestimate that it will sell for approximately $800.00 and it looks like it should be far less destructive and easier to install. I would like to see H and A Accessories carry the Bak cover, if they could.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 12:28 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RTS
Color: Amazon Green / Olive

Just finishing the link that Ultra-HOG provided from H&A:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/ridgeline/tonneau.pdf

Fog Lights, Hitch, Bed Extender, Roof Rack, Running Boards, ROC Decal, CDC Custom Ridgeline Windshield Banner, Tinted windows, Super-White LEDs Interior and Cargo Bed, Door Sills by 5S Dude, A12 Control Module, VR3 Reverse Cam, Plenio VXA-3000 7" display Nav unit, Torza Tonneau, Brush Guard, PIAA Driving Lights, Black Powder Coated OEM rims, Skyjacker 2" lift, BFG AT KO tires, Altezza Tail Lights, Black Billet Grill
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 01:54 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Color: Redrock Pearl / Beige

If I'm reading the instructions right. Lots of hardware goes into the bed for mounting the cover, but at the end only 4 bolts hold it to the bed. Might not be that difficult to remove when you want to haul big stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode