Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Pioneer Nav/xm+traffic/cam/mp3/dvd++

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bongus 
#1 ·
I purposely bought the RTS (8-19-05) since i do not like leather (personal preference). However, i need the GPS and found the the Pioneer AVIC-N2 (single din) or AVIC D1 (double din) would both provide the following features i would like:

* NAVI with XM and traffic reports (additional device required)
* Back up cam when put in reverse full screen and split screen while driving or just full screen NAVI while driving. (I like Hitchcam)
* Voice command, touchscreen
* MP3/DVD/CD (options for remote LCD)
* Remote RCA inputs
* Module to use existing steering wheel control (My installer is looking into the availability of this device)

Has anyone replaced the OEM double din radio space with a flush mount NAVI (AVIC-D1)? Where do you get a trim kit to make it look factory or close to it. My second options is to get the AVIC-N2 and install it in the single din space provided for factory MP3 player.

Any suggestions and/or Pics?? Take a look at links below if you have not already seen the product (could not find a thread that discusses this product)

AVIC-N2
AVIC-D1

See less See more
#2 ·
There is no dash kit for an aftermarket radio yet. Hopefully, there will one soon. That's all that's holding me back from swapping out the stock headunit. You'll either have to wait until it's released or buy the N2 and stick in the factory MP3 slot below the radio.

As far as your two choices, the D1 doesn't play DVD movies, only CD and MP3 discs. But I like it because it doesn't have a flip out screen like the N2 (I always thing the monitor mechanism will break after years of usage). As for as the N2 goes, you have to take out the navi DVD if you want to listen to a CD or watch a DVD movie, where as the D2 has 2 slots (one for each disc) and can listen to a CD while using the Navi. I'm seriously considering the D1. I can always add a DVD player in the stock MP3 slot below.

bldgtech said:
I purposely bought the RTS (8-19-05) since i do not like leather (personal preference). However, i need the GPS and found the the Pioneer AVIC-N2 (single din) or AVIC D1 (double din) would both provide the following features i would like:

* Back up cam when put in reverse full screen and split screen while driving or just full screen NAVI while driving. (I like Hitchcam)
* Remote RCA inputs
* Module to use existing steering wheel control (My installer is looking into the availability of this device)

Has anyone replaced the OEM double din radio space with a flush mount NAVI (AVIC-D1)? Where do you get a trim kit to make it look factory or close to it. My second options is to get the AVIC-N2 and install it in the single din space provided for factory MP3 player.

Any suggestions and/or Pics?? Take a look at links below if you have not already seen the product (could not find a thread that discusses this product)

AVIC-N2
AVIC-D1

#3 ·
Dratsab

Thanks for info. I have a tech here in ATL who brags that he can install the D1 in the radio spot but it would cost extra to invent and fabricate it. I am apprehensive to say the least since i don't know what it would look like.

Would a piece of vinyl painted to match with a fabricated bracket work? Well, do i really want it that bad! (just thinking out loud).

The existing space for the radio is closer to a 3 din and there would have to be alot of exposed trim no matter who makes the kit. (My tech was amazed at how big the radio is) Thanks again.....

#4 ·
#6 ·
bldgtech said:

* Remote RCA inputs

AVIC-N2
AVIC-D1
you can go ebay and enter your car , model there are tons of them.

#7 ·
2k05gt said:
I have installed the Pioneer AVIC-D2 into the Honda Ridgeline, the kit was easy and looks great.

I also created some backgrounds to use on the AVIC-D2 Screen.
How did you make these, and how can I get them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.