looking for new audio - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RT
Model Year: 2008
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl
looking for new audio

I have an 08 rt and want to get satelite radio and see it has an xm buton already on the stock radio. What diu I need to get this hooked up? I am also thinking about just getting a new in dash system with navi but have not found much. Can anyone give me some ideas or let me know what you have and what you like and dislike. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Other
Re: looking for new audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDONJAMES View Post
I have an 08 rt and want to get satelite radio and see it has an xm buton already on the stock radio. What diu I need to get this hooked up? I am also thinking about just getting a new in dash system with navi but have not found much. Can anyone give me some ideas or let me know what you have and what you like and dislike. Thanks for the help.
To hook up your XM on factory HU? if you click on XM you normally hear a station with comercials on all channels. All you have to do is contact XM to activate it.

Head units with nav are convenient and come with many options, DVD, play cd's text display MP3, have usb ports to hook up your ipod, and control it with the radio, or a laptop, optional blue tooth to hear your calls through speakers, you can use the usb port for a memory stick with music folder to listen to music also. Navigation etc. the only thing is they can be costly. Check www.crutchfield.com to look for some options, stick with quality names like Kenwood, alpine, pioneer.

Keep in mind you will loose your steering wheel controls but for $60.00 extra you get a device that you can use to keep that control.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RT
Model Year: 2008
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

When I press the xm button nothing happens and I don't have any radio controls on my steeringwheel
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 11:29 PM
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDONJAMES View Post
When I press the xm button nothing happens and I don't have any radio controls on my steeringwheel
Correct, thanks for catching that 08 R RT, it will be more cost effective to get a new Radio. I failed to notice you had an RT, I have an RTL and it has steering controls and XM radio ready to to subscribe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode