Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Speaker recommendations?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  AWILLIAMS64 
#1 ·
I'm having a hard time picking replacement front and rear door speakers, most of the 6.5" speakers I've looked at - Crutchfield says won't fit. I'm looking to spend about $100-$200 a pair. My plan is to just power them with aftermarket H/U:

http://www.crutchfield.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=130P3200BT

I'm thinking because of this, the more sensitive the better? I'll be running a sub off a mono amp also.

I want to keep things looking stock so my choice is either coaxial speakers with directional tweeters or components using the factory tweeter location, which way would sound better?

With this in mind does anyone have any speaker recommendations?

THanks!!

Mike

#4 ·
Crutchfield says they don't fit because they supply 3/8 inch thick with them. If you get a 3/4 inch thick ring you can fit almost any speaker. Just make sure the magnet is not more than 4 1/8 inches wide or very long and from front to back not over 3 inches and it should be fine.

#7 ·
What laserguy says. If you use a 3/4" MDF spacer ring (Crutchfield doesn't sell them, which is why they don't say the 6.5's won't fit) you can fit nearly any 6.5" in there.

Chip H.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.