Transmission Seal [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: Transmission Seal

chunjin
10-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Has anyone had a problem with internal transmission seals that cause a noticable fluid leak? I have a 2007 RTS with 600 miles that has now been at the dealership for 3 days. They first thought that it was a pinched o-ring on the drain plug but after fixing that they realized that the fluid was coming from somewhere else.

It still had plenty of fluid in it when I took it in but does anyone think that the transmission could have been damaged from the leaking internal seal?

MikeT
10-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Has anyone had a problem with internal transmission seals that cause a noticable fluid leak? I have a 2007 RTS with 600 miles that has now been at the dealership for 3 days. They first thought that it was a pinched o-ring on the drain plug but after fixing that they realized that the fluid was coming from somewhere else.

It still had plenty of fluid in it when I took it in but does anyone think that the transmission could have been damaged from the leaking internal seal?

You might have a leak between the Torque Converter and the transmission at the Tourqe Converter Input Seal. If you look at the bottom of the engine / transaxle, you will see a smallish black plate that is held on by two 10mm bolts. If your leak is coming from there, you might need to have the TCI seal replaced. This happened to me at 5k. Try reading my earlier thread at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7727&highlight=transmission

chunjin
10-04-2006, 11:09 PM
You might have a leak between the Torque Converter and the transmission at the Tourqe Converter Input Seal. If you look at the bottom of the engine / transaxle, you will see a smallish black plate that is held on by two 10mm bolts. If your leak is coming from there, you might need to have the TCI seal replaced. This happened to me at 5k. Try reading my earlier thread at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7727&highlight=transmission

Thanks Mike, I will give the Dealer a call tomorrow and ask some additional questions.