American Honda Reports Record February Sales [3.1.7] [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: American Honda Reports Record February Sales [3.1.7]

T Mac
03-03-2007, 08:21 PM
03/01/2007 - TORRANCE, Calif. -

With record sales of the all-new 2007 Honda CR-V and Accord sales up sharply, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., posted record February results of 110,026 Honda and Acura vehicle sales, an increase of 3.2 percent over February, 2006. American Honda light trucks also posted record monthly results with sales of 49,521 up 7.0 percent. Year-to-date American Honda total vehicle sales of 210,816 are up 0.7 percent on a daily-selling-rate basis.

The Honda Division posted its best February ever with record sales of 96,368 cars and light trucks, an increase of 4.2 percent over year-ago results. Strong Accord sales of 30,370 reflected a 20.1 percent February increase. On its third consecutive month of record postings since its redesign, CR-V sales of 13,524 rose 31.0 percent, helping the division post record February sales of 43,157 trucks, up 2.8 percent over year-ago results. Honda sold a total of 2,236 hybrid vehicles, including 1,924 Civic Hybrids, an 8.1 percent increase over last year.

"Accord is displaying a great deal of momentum as we move into the spring selling season," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of American Honda. "It remains a compelling product and our customers are validating it with their purchase decisions."

The Acura Division posted total vehicle sales of 13,658, with record February sales of 2,769 for the TSX and record truck sales of 6,364 units. The MDX luxury SUV was Acura's best-selling model with February sales of 4,330 and year-to-date sales of 8,483.

For more information and downloadable high-resolution images of Honda and Acura vehicles, please visit www.hondanews.com or www.acuranews.com. Consumer information is available at www.honda.com and www.acura.com.

John32070
03-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Looks like just over 1,000 more Ridgeline's sold this Feb than last. Be interesting to see how new sales go next year with a lot of RL's coming off their 3 year leases.

StevenM1TX
03-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Looks like just over 1,000 more Ridgeline's sold this Feb than last. Be interesting to see how new sales go next year with a lot of RL's coming off their 3 year leases.

Are we looking at the same report? Sure looks like less Ridgelines sold this Feb to me. Over a 20% decline with the incentives that were in place doesn't seem like an improvement.

John32070
03-04-2007, 06:54 AM
You're right, I was mistaking one year for the other in the chart :rolleyes: . Thanks for pointing it out :o .

xridgelinex
03-04-2007, 09:06 AM
The RL sales are not as strong as it should be, but look at the beating that acura took...

meanmachine19
03-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Perhaps the ads from last year's Superbowl and this year's lack of them may play a factor, too. The first two years the RL was featured independently but not this past year.

I like the look of the new CR-V and those sales will do well, especially since they came out with the navi in December. My wife wants one to replace her Ody.

If Honda does go diesel for the '08 then sales will go up again for the RL. There are lots of RLs on the road now and there's competition from Toyota with their Superbowl ads....

More horsepower and towing will be needed to compete, IMO....:rolleyes:

StevenM1TX
03-04-2007, 09:13 AM
The RL sales are not as strong as it should be, but look at the beating that acura took...

Even they were only down 3.4%.

xridgelinex
03-04-2007, 09:23 AM
StevenM1TX.... Thinking more in lines with model specific... Total picture is good for stockholders... Model specific is not so for continuation...

MontanaFred
03-04-2007, 10:40 PM
The number of Ridgelines in my town doubled this month. It used to be 1 which was me but I've been seeing another one lately so I think there are TWO now!!

Too bad sales of the Ridgeline are down from last year. I would like to see more around here.

denvrfan
03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I've been watching for fellow Ridgelines for nearly 2 years. At least in my area, sightings are becoming much more commonplace. I'm attributing it to the outstanding dealer and customer incentive available (ie $2K dealer cash PLUS 0.9% financing). Quite a powerful combination to spark sales.

Acura can't be thrilled with the sales performance of the new MDX. Could be availability related (this year's new vs. last year's abundance of a "tired" model). I've seen a couple although I can't get used to the funky front end grille treatment on both the MDX and CRV. Sure not hurting the CRV sales.

Ridge
03-05-2007, 02:44 PM
The new Tundra was also released last month. That event might have had some impact on Ridgeline sales. I know the Ridgeline and Tundra are in different categories, but people shop what they want more than what they need. The Tundra had alot of press last month as the biggest baddest 1/2 ton truck ever. Trucks are getting more and more competitive.

xd9x19
03-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Man, that decrease in year-over-year sales surprises me. :eek: For a while after I got my Ridgeline last May ('06), I could drive a week or two without seeing another Ridge. Now it's a rarity to not see one at least once a day.

nevadagarth
03-08-2007, 12:35 PM
By my math, that is 42,012 Ridgelines sold in the USA alone if the 7,002 for January and February is constant through the year. I bet January and February are typically slow sales months. Even so, that would mean only 8,000 Ridgelines must be sold throughout the rest of the world to meet Honda's goal of 50,000 units a year.

I think Honda is right on track with where they want to be with the Ridgeline considering this table shows what I believe to be the slowest sales months and for the USA only.

RidgeOwner3
03-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I think Honda is right on track with where they want to be with the Ridgeline...

Yeah. It has never seemed to me like Honda has really wanted to sell many Ridgelines. Their advertising hasn't been very enthusiastic. And it seems they are pushing ALL Honda's lately, more than any specific model, from the ads I see on TV. It seems the thinking is people go in to look at Civics and Accords and come out with a Ridgeline or Element (if they're lucky)!

Honda has some real niche vehicles to go with their staples. I'm thinking they're happy with 50k units/year with very little direct advertising expense.

Heck, Consumer Reports is doing more to advertise the Ridgeline than Honda. In April's Cars and Trucks edition, they say it's the highest customer satisfaction of any truck in its class. (One negative I thought surprising..."pronounced road noise"??? I don't get that at all. They must've had a noisy windshield model!)

Oh well, people didn't believe all the hype about the earth being spherical at first, either!

Cajun Country Ridgeline
03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I live in a town of about 190,000+ and sales of the Ridgeline has been great.
I was the first one in April of 2005 and now I see at least 2-3 everyday. I am sure some are repeats, but at least I see them often. It was a very long time before I saw another one at home or traveling.

The crossover new vehicles are much more pleniful , several to choose from. We purchased a Madza CX-7 Grand Touring for my wife. I paid about $7500.00 less than our Ridgeline.............they dont really compare but for plenty of space, fantastic to drive, excellent gas milage, etc.
I was going to buy a RTS for my wife but she choose the CrossOver Madza.
She still loves the Ridgeline and in town she prefers it over the CX-7.
We only have 4500 miles on the Madza since Oct. 2006 and we have over 23,000 miles on Ridge since April 2005:D :D

RiverFisher
03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
... but people shop what they want more than what they need. The Tundra had alot of press last month as the biggest baddest 1/2 ton truck ever. Trucks are getting more and more competitive.

Help me out here fellow ROC members.
I really don't want to waver, but my NEEDS may have just changed. The Ridgeline is exactly what I need today, but I now have one horse. One horse tends to lead to two horses, which leads to horse trailers, which leads me to the new Tundra. I'm sure the Ridgie would do fine with a single horse, but two place trailers are heavy, and horses are heavy, and more importantly, they move while being trailered. No one wants to be anywhere near the towing capacity with a dynamic load.

MontanaFred- posts like that make me very jealous. I wish I could live in a place where I noticed when the Ridgeline population doubled. I am stuck living in the suburbs and have to travel to places like your town to recharge (where is your town anyway?) Lots of Ridgies here though....

denvrfan
03-10-2007, 08:14 AM
I live in a town of about 190,000+ and sales of the Ridgeline has been great.
I was the first one in April of 2005 and now I see at least 2-3 everyday. I am sure some are repeats, but at least I see them often. It was a very long time before I saw another one at home or traveling.

The crossover new vehicles are much more pleniful , several to choose from. We purchased a Madza CX-7 Grand Touring for my wife. I paid about $7500.00 less than our Ridgeline.............they dont really compare but for plenty of space, fantastic to drive, excellent gas milage, etc.
I was going to buy a RTS for my wife but she choose the CrossOver Madza.
She still loves the Ridgeline and in town she prefers it over the CX-7.
We only have 4500 miles on the Madza since Oct. 2006 and we have over 23,000 miles on Ridge since April 2005:D :D

Interested in your experience with the CX7- I heard a lot of negatives about the 4 cylinder's turbo lag. Otherwise, I think it's a great looking crossover. Very sporty and manageable.

xd9x19
03-22-2007, 02:57 PM
RiverFisher, I'll help you out. You may have just outgrown your Ridgeline thanks to the new critter in the family. :) Don't think totin' horse trailers was in the design specs for the Ridge, so I definitely wouldn't consider it bad thing should you get rid of it.

The Ridge is a urban commuter vehicle with pickup qualities for us weekend warriors hauling much, furniture, hunting, camping, etc. It's not a work truck designed for pulling horse trailers and such. Doesn't mean it can't, but that wasn't what it is intended to do.

If you need a Tundra for it's larger towing capabilities...go for it. If I had a horse trailer to pull on a regular basis, I wouldn't have bought a Ridgeline 'cause it wouldn't have fit my needs.