Why should I buy a Honda Ridgeline over an F150 Lariat [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: Why should I buy a Honda Ridgeline over an F150 Lariat

QuintanaRooster
09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
I can get a loaded Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew Cab for the same price as what I'm being quoted for a Honda RTL with Navi. Ridgeline fuel economy is rated 16/21 but questionable from all that I have read. F150 is 15/19. I don't need the 4X4 and in fact if the RL came in 4X2, I'd likely take that version instead. I live in Florida and I have zero need for 4X4. What is it about the Ridgeline that should make me buy it over the F150? Afterall, the F150 is much roomier inside and in my opinion the interior is nicer than the same old cheap plastic appearing interior of the Honda. I'd be interested to hear why I should buy the Honda instead.

07Rline
09-01-2007, 09:36 AM
what did they quote you for a price?

Order 66
09-01-2007, 09:41 AM
I would compare resale value and visit some ford forums to see what issues if any the F150 is presenting to their owners. I had the Ridgeline up against the Explorer Sport Trac. For me it came down to Honda vs Ford and in that respect, it is not even close. Good luck.

07Rline
09-01-2007, 09:45 AM
I would compare resale value and visit some ford forums to see what issues if any the F150 is presenting to their owners. I had the Ridgeline up against the Explorer Sport Trac. For me it came down to Honda vs Ford and in that respect, it is not even close. Good luck.

thats not a bad idea. you might be able to get some info on the fuel mileage. from what im told by some friends that the f150 milage is not what they advertise.

good luck

QuintanaRooster
09-01-2007, 10:04 AM
what did they quote you for a price?

Honda RTL w/Navi $28,900 plus TTL (includes trailer hitch, side steps, roof rack)

Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat $28,709 (options include leather captain's chairs, trailer tow package, power sliding rearview window, reverse sensing system, 5" chrome tubular step rails, 6cd changer with aux. input jack and mp3 capability, chrome exhaust, universal garage door opener, limited slip with 3.55 axle ratio).

I can't go on reliability either because after wandering around here on the Ridgeline Forum the past 3 months I have become semi-paranoid with all the issues the RL has had.

07Rline
09-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Honda RTL w/Navi $28,900 plus TTL (includes trailer hitch, side steps, roof rack)

Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat $28,709 (options include leather captain's chairs, trailer tow package, power sliding rearview window, reverse sensing system, 5" chrome tubular step rails, 6cd changer with aux. input jack and mp3 capability, chrome exhaust, universal garage door opener, limited slip with 3.55 axle ratio).

I can't go on reliability either because after wandering around here on the Ridgeline Forum the past 3 months I have become semi-paranoid with all the issues the RL has had.

that also scared me but if you take a closer look most of the problems are on the 06s and some on the early production 07s i just bought a 07 nimbus gray rtl w/navi and i love it.

shovelhd
09-01-2007, 10:27 AM
That's not fair. There are plenty of very early '06's like mine that haven't had any problems. This is a myth promoted by '07 owners.:)

If you don't need 4WD/AWD then I would get the Ford. It's the most important feature of the ridgeline. The ride would be second, but since you live in FL with their perfect, flat roads, it won't matter.

JCKridgeline
09-01-2007, 10:27 AM
I can get a loaded Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew Cab for the same price as what I'm being quoted for a Honda RTL with Navi. Ridgeline fuel economy is rated 16/21 but questionable from all that I have read. F150 is 15/19. I don't need the 4X4 and in fact if the RL came in 4X2, I'd likely take that version instead. I live in Florida and I have zero need for 4X4. What is it about the Ridgeline that should make me buy it over the F150? Afterall, the F150 is much roomier inside and in my opinion the interior is nicer than the same old cheap plastic appearing interior of the Honda. I'd be interested to hear why I should buy the Honda instead.

Sounds like you already made your decision! Good luck with your Lariat. :D

QuintanaRooster
09-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Sounds like you already made your decision! Good luck with your Lariat. :D

Here's why I haven't made my decision: I'm not sure I want to be driving a full-size truck around again. I used to drive a Titan and I liked it but what a pain in the you know what in parking lots. I think it's because of the paranoia that has been instilled in me from this forum that I haven't pulled the trigger on the Ridgeline. For instance, I read about the paint issues. I go over to the Honda dealer the other day all set to pull the trigger on a white ridgeline and sure as horseflies on ****, damn'd if there wasn't chips of paint missing where the plastic bumper seams with the front driver's side metal panel. Then I inspect the bumper even more and there were additional blemishes in the bumper paint and the bumper was a slightly different white than the rest of the vehicle's metallic painted surfaces. And this was on a brand new RL with 6 miles on it.

Just Ask
09-01-2007, 10:37 AM
It took me reaching the age of 40 to realize that initial price is important, but residual value has even more bearing on true cost to own (unless you drive your vehicles for 7+ years, which makes initial price the only factor). Do a comparo of Nada values (or KBB or Edmunds) between an 06 RTL RL and an 06 F150 trimmed out as close to the one you are considering. Might be surprised to see what you find. HTH.

25 Year Honda Owner
09-01-2007, 10:59 AM

I traded at very low mileage 2003 F-150 Lariat for my 2006 RTL in May of 2005. The F-150 is a great truck, it does not compare with the RTL for ride and drive comfort. The RTL handles much better and is so quick to respond when you get into trouble with traffic. I have never been sorry for trading. In defense of the F-150 it would be my 2nd choice with all others not even in the running.

ToyTruck
09-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Remember that you have to have service after the sale. Honda wins over Ford hands down, at least where I live. Plus the Lariat will be gutless even compared to the RL. They weigh closer to 6,000 than 5,000 lbs if I remember right and the rap on the Ford has been way underpowered with the 5.4, hence bad mpg. That said, I've had a Ford pickup in the past, and it was a good truck. They are big though. My RL is vault tight and I like that. Plus it rides and handles like a fine sedan.....I like that even more. Plus the tailgate swings out and I have a trunk. I like that WAY more :D Plus I average 18-20 mpg and that is freakin' great! Enjoy your Lariat.........:)

zroger73
09-01-2007, 05:24 PM
It seems difficult for me to compare a RL "truck" and a conventional truck. About the only thing that a RL has in common with other trucks is that it has a bed and sits up high. The drivetrain, chassis, and body structure follow car-based principles (with some modifications). However, I prefer to look at the end result in terms of usefulness and performance. You can call the RL anything you want - truck, car with a bed, SUV with a bed, minivan with a bed. However, it is what it is - a unique vehicle that is smoother, quieter, handles better, and is likely to hold its value better than a conventional truck. The only advantage I can see in a conventional truck is if you require extreme off-road or towing capabilities. The RL never claimed to equal the capabilities of a 4WD Cummins, Powerstroke, or Duramax.

ocb_dave_ocb
09-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Nobody is going to win you over in a decision of what vehicle YOU want. You have to decide for yourself, personally I will NEVER own another FORD product again and my Uncle is a Ford Retiree with the A plan ( I can get GOOD prices on Fords) They are built cheap and don't last. My wife had a 02 Mustang, the sunroof leaked, all of the knobs broke. Reliability and resale are important factors to me. Fords resale is no match to Honda. Another thing how many gas Fords do you see with 300k miles on them.. I put 200k+ on two different Accords. My old probe died at 155k...

keastman
09-01-2007, 05:52 PM
drive them both for an extended test drive and get he one you like the best. Might also consider the amount of total mileage you plan on putting on it. Seems like the Honda's still drive fairly new over 100K miles. If you have kids you may want to consider the safety aspect. Not many of the large trucks do well in comparison in crash tests run by the insurance institute, not the government tests. In particular, roll over tests.

Superskyrocket
09-01-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm deciding between the Tundra Crewmax and the Ridgeline and am leaning toward the Tundra but here are some points in favor of the Ridgeline:

1) All wheel drive - it works all the time in everyday situations. If you have rain in Florida and you get those big puddles near the curb that yank you to the right, the Ridge's AWD system will compensate so well and so fast, you won't feel it anymore. It's a good system. Did I mention it works all the time? With the big 4x4s you would have to manually shift into 4Wd and unless it's dirt or ice you would be abusing it. So it's useful everyday. Even in Florida.

2) Reliability - Research, experience, and firsthand accounts tell me that probability dictates that a Honda is going to be more reliable than a Ford.

3) 'wear factor' - What does a typical Honda look and feel like after 10 years? A Ford?

4) The trunk - enough said.

5) The length - Will the Lariat fit in your garage? Also, you will be parking that big boy almost everyday. If that's a big concern and you don't need any of the Ford advantages (cabin room, towing, ?) then it's time to go with what's going to meet your needs every day.

If price is a concern you should be able to get a 07 2wd Lariat for quite a bit less than an 07 RTL w/nav.

I am favoring the Crewmax basically for the rear seat room (family of 5), more bed space, more power (future towing), and 'wear factor' (toyota over Honda). The full-time all-wheel-drive of the Ridge still beckons though. Hence I am still deciding.

ExF150Driver
09-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I turned in my leased F150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew 6 months early. In 18 months and about 17,000 miles it had been in the shop a total of 24 times. During my time with the truck the following items failed and were replaced: heater/ac blower, driver side power window motor, rear ABS sensor (twice), front ABS sensor, a 4WD electronic assembly controlling the front hubs, the steering rack, and the power steering pump. In addition, the truck was in the shop 3 or 4 times for check engine light errors indicating multiple cylinder misfires.

Every problem required 2 trips to the dealer. One for them to diagnose the problem and a return because the parts were never in stock. Each visit the truck was returned with free samples of various automotive fluids and greases left on the steering wheel, carpets, seats and door panels.

While enjoying this prime example of Fords finest I achieved 12mpg city and 15mpg highway averaging 14.6 over the total time I had the truck.

YMMV but if you want a F150 I wish you luck !

I picked up my Honda in June and have driven it 3000 miles. I'm getting 16mpg city and 20mpg highway averaging 18mpg overall. So far no trips for service (knock wood). At the 3 month 2000 mile point my F150 had already been in the shop 4 times.

Pizza Man
09-01-2007, 06:01 PM
I've had my '06 Ridgeline for 17 months and 15.5k miles. My truck has been PERFECT. No warranty work what so ever! The RL continues to exceed my expectations.

Leo Farnsworth
09-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Honda

or

Ford

The choice is EASY.

brich
09-01-2007, 06:21 PM
The Ridgeline is a brand new design... Of course there will be issues. As if Fords don't have issues? I've had far to many Fords in my day to make that mistake again. I drive car after car and my family members continued to drive the same Hondas and Toyotas.

If the Ridgeline didn't sell itself right away, then ya, the Ford is for you. Have you driven a Ridgeline? And if your still not sold....:rolleyes:

I've had a few issues with my '06 but compared to the satisfaction I have in this vehicle, I recommend it whole heartedly, am trying to get my Dad to buy one and would buy another in the blink of an eye.

As has been mentioned, these two vehicles are not apples to apples. My money is you'll be driving the Ford...and you won't know what your missing. ;)

csimo
09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Drive them both and see which one you like best. Both are good vehicles.

Which is a better "investment"? New vehicles are a terrible investment so I wouldn't give that too much weight.

Fuel mileage? Probably a toss up. Even if there were 1 or 2mpg difference that wouldn't amount to enough real dollars to worry about.

Just drive them both and decide what you like better. It really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

c_duncan_pe
09-01-2007, 08:06 PM
If you are looking for validation in buying a Ford in this forum, better to look somewhere else. Looks to me you made your decision. Good luck with your purchase.
CD

QuintanaRooster
09-01-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm deciding between the Tundra Crewmax and the Ridgeline and am leaning toward the Tundra but here are some points in favor of the Ridgeline:

1) All wheel drive - it works all the time in everyday situations. If you have rain in Florida and you get those big puddles near the curb that yank you to the right, the Ridge's AWD system will compensate so well and so fast, you won't feel it anymore. It's a good system. Did I mention it works all the time? With the big 4x4s you would have to manually shift into 4Wd and unless it's dirt or ice you would be abusing it. So it's useful everyday. Even in Florida.

2) Reliability - Research, experience, and firsthand accounts tell me that probability dictates that a Honda is going to be more reliable than a Ford.

3) 'wear factor' - What does a typical Honda look and feel like after 10 years? A Ford?

4) The trunk - enough said.

5) The length - Will the Lariat fit in your garage? Also, you will be parking that big boy almost everyday. If that's a big concern and you don't need any of the Ford advantages (cabin room, towing, ?) then it's time to go with what's going to meet your needs every day.

If price is a concern you should be able to get a 07 2wd Lariat for quite a bit less than an 07 RTL w/nav.

I am favoring the Crewmax basically for the rear seat room (family of 5), more bed space, more power (future towing), and 'wear factor' (toyota over Honda). The full-time all-wheel-drive of the Ridge still beckons though. Hence I am still deciding.

Thanks a bunch. These were the kind of reasons I was looking for. I think I've made my decision. I'll post when I finally pull the trigger. The dealer I've been working with is about 100 miles away. As of closing this pm, they still had MY RTL w/Navi with my name on it. They are down to 3 left on the lot: 1 green RTL, 1 Nimbus Gray and 1 Billet Silver both RTLs w/Navi. Guess which one is mine?

Webwader
09-01-2007, 08:31 PM

You mentioned that it works all the time, but that needing a little explaining. 4WD is available all the the time, but it is not always in AWD. Normally the RL is FWD until the computer system senses wheel slippage. It then immediately engages the rear wheels and distributes torque to the approriate axle and wheel. The exception is starting from a dead stop. Since traction conditions cannot be determined when sitting still, the RL preemptively starts out in 4WD until it determines there is no wheel slippage and then it reverts to FWD. The advantage of this system is that the fuel mileage is better than if it was full time AWD.

Fastang
09-01-2007, 09:37 PM
As you can tell by my web name...
I've been a ford man from day one.

Still own a F150 supercab, and a 65 fastback.

I'm secure in my masculinity.
Dont even own a Harley...
got the BMW r1200 instead.

Why'd I get the RL?...
Too many reasons to list.
I have no trouble defending my purchase to all my manly teamster co-workers.
Did it when I bought the motorcycle...
Do it with the RL too.

Has anyone regreted buying the RL?
Maybe just a few...

Superskyrocket
09-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Guess which one is mine?

Yours is the Nimbus Gray.

mrlizzzard
09-02-2007, 09:00 AM
If you pull or load the truck heavily buy the Ford,if not the Ridge will be the best car you ever owned.

Teezer
09-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Yours is the Nimbus Gray.
But of course! :D

kwoodman
09-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I have owned mostly pickups in my life.
1 Dodge.
3 Fords
3 Chevys

And now a Honda.
If I still needed to pick up 200 2x4's and take them to the construction site, or haul a biga$$ trailer, I'd be driving a full size, hard to park, monster truck.
But a mid-size truck meets my needs now.
I will never go back. The Honda is the best handling, most comfortable, most versatile vehicle I have ever owned.
Perfect? No.
But close.

cdepuydt
09-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Here's why I haven't made my decision: I'm not sure I want to be driving a full-size truck around again. I used to drive a Titan and I liked it but what a pain in the you know what in parking lots.

Well, if you don't like driving around a Titan in day to day driving (ie, trouble pulling into parking spots, etc), the F150 is not gonna be any better. I am not sure what engine is in that F150 Lariat you are looking at, but I drove an F150 with the Triton V-8 (5.4 liter I think) that I had as a loner, and in my daily driving I averaged less than 10 MPG.

Anyway, looks like you have made your decision and are gonna go with the RL. Good choice...! As Kwoodman said, "The Honda is the best handling, most comfortable, most versatile vehicle I have ever owned. Perfect? No.
But close."

Perfectly said! :D

Tim1954Tinman
09-02-2007, 08:25 PM

In Charge

Standard on every Ridgeline, is a complement of advanced safety systems to keep you out of trouble and in command. Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) helps sense oversteer or understeer in an emergency situation, and then adjusts brake pressure at each wheel and/or reduces engine power to help restore driver control and keep you on course. Beefy 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Disc Brakes (ABS), along with Brake Assist, allows full braking force for authoritative stopping. And for better road composure, the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), helps balance braking forces and the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) alerts the driver when a tire’s pressure reaches a significantly low level.

Sturdy Structure

Designed to be highly rigid for enhanced crash protection, The Ridgeline has a tough backbone that incorporates a Closed-Box Frame and a Reinforced Unit Body. The result is a robust truck that provides an extremely low chance of rollover and exceptional safety ratings in its class.

Expanding Protection

While sharing our roads with many other drivers, a time may arise where collision is unavoidable. For superior defense during impact, Ridgeline occupants are surrounded by no less than six airbags. The array of coverage includes dual-stage, dual-threshold front airbags, front side airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS) and side curtain airbags—all standard.

From its reinforced, rigid unit body to airbags to sophisticated stability systems, The Ridgeline represents an evolving and comprehensive approach to providing the highest safety levels. These and other standard safety features made the Ridgeline the first 4-door pickup to achieve the highest government crash-test rating (5 stars) for both frontal and side-impact tests*.

Tow-Ready

The Ridgeline takes towing seriously. The RTX features a towing package standard. There's also a 5-speed automatic transmission, a standard high-capacity radiator with dual 160-watt fans, a heavy-duty power steering cooler, a high-capacity ATF cooler, and it's pre-wired for a trailer connection (4-/7-pin). Large brake rotors at all four wheels and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) ensure quick and deliberate stops when it matters most.

All this and the fact that it is mainly FWD and automatic AWD/4WD when needed is the reason I bought my Ridgeline. Almost 39,000 miles later, it is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

White Mule
09-05-2007, 12:41 AM
I agree with many of the already given reasons. Here is one more: Married nearly 30 years, and had trucks all that time--and my wife hated them. Always had to take her car (which I did not think much of) on trips, or she whined about girly things like comfortable seats, good ride, air conditioning... When she SAW the RL, she said "I like this truck". When we took it for a test drive, she said "I really like this truck". Last week went on a little over-night trip, 5 hours out, 5hrs back, and her only complaint was the lack of power adjust for the passenger seat.

I went through a Sonic drive-thru the other day, and a gal come to the window, said "I am not here to take your money, I just wanted to tell you what a good looking truck you have."

Now, the guys at the construction site will say the RL is ugly, and is not a "real truck". And those guys may be right if you need a "real truck". As for me, I prefer my RL, and let the "real men" hang out with the other real men, while I drive the only truck I have ever had that is a chick magnet. :p

Might also mention, I enjoy driving the RL more than any vehicle since I sold my Porsche--it just feels good. In fact, I think it makes me feel a little younger!

Tim1954Tinman
09-05-2007, 12:56 AM
I went through a Sonic drive-thru the other day, and a gal come to the window, said "I am not here to take your money, I just wanted to tell you what a good looking truck you have."

WOW!!!!!!!! Of all the reasons for driving a Ridgeline, when a woman is not trying to take you to the cleaners, that is the best reason! :D

Mtnman
09-05-2007, 05:56 AM
Billet Silver

Superskyrocket
09-05-2007, 06:39 AM

Another reason to get the RL over any other truck.

Free meals at Sonic!

QuintanaRooster
09-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Another reason to get the RL over any other truck.

Free meals at Sonic!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

chisoxjim
09-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Honda vs Ford, seems like a no brainer to me.

Regarding "troubles", and "questionable" gas mileage with the 2006's & RL's in general. No problems here, 86,600 miles, and the truck drives like new, and it gets 19 mpg like clockwork.

good luck with your decision.

brich
09-05-2007, 08:41 AM

Funny... I had some pizzas delivered the other night. As I'm making the handoff with the delivery guy, he's looking down at my truck and asks, "How you like your Honda?" I tell him I love it and he says, "That is one nice looking truck..."

I nearly dropped the pizzas, doubled his tip and went running in to tell my wife that the pizza likes my truck... :D

Fastang
09-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Me too...

Some girl at the Dairy Queen drive thru, she wasn't even the drive thru clerk. She was the fry girl. She saw the truck pull into the lot and came to the window just to compliment me on my BLACK RL!

Had a coworker ask me the other day to give him 3 things I don't like about my truck. I couldn't think of any.

3 days later I thought of just 1...

The radio reception sucks... good thing I replaced that radio.

Ok... back to the thread topic.

If you do your homework on both trucks...
Heck compare the RL to all trucks...
Drive them all... saving the RL for last.
It makes the decision easy for you.

The only reason you wouldn't get the RL...
Your gonna exceed its towing and hauling capacities.

Fastang

MoosePond
09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
in addition to the excellent reasons already posted here your better half is gonna love it! my missus shared my feeling that we needed a pickup truck and was fine with it as it would mean we could haul things we previously were unable to do (my last vehicle was a Subaru Forester); however, once we actually took delivery she immediately fell in love with our RL (her daily driver is an Audi A6 3.2 Quattro) and our only problem is that she wants to drive it nearly everytime we're in it together! There hasn't been a single time we've picked up another couple for dinner or a day's outing that they haven't commented about how comfortable, roomy and luxurious the interior is or how versatile our truck is overall.

bottom line, go with the Ridgeline and you'll never be sorry . . . frankly, it's one of the best vehicles I've ever owned . . . and that's quite a list over the last 47 years!

geotech
09-05-2007, 12:03 PM
in addition to the excellent reasons already posted here your better half is gonna love it!
Always had to take her car (which I did not think much of) on trips, or she whined about girly things like comfortable seats, good ride, air conditioning... When she SAW the RL, she said "I like this truck". When we took it for a test drive, she said "I really like this truck".
My wife likes the truck so much she even consented to go to St. Louis with me. :eek: When we go places, I ask, "the Accord or the Ridge?" Nine times out of ten, she makes up some phony reason about maybe needing to haul something. ;)

No, I've complained on the forum about a lot of perceived problems, but the long and short is that I would have dumped the truck a long time ago if I didn't really like it a lot. For reference, I have driven and worked out of trucks continuely for the last 30 years. I have no desire to go back to a full size or compact truck again. Ever.

davedad
09-05-2007, 12:18 PM
My wife likes the truck so much she even consented to go to St. Louis with me. :eek: When we go places, I ask, "the Accord or the Ridge?" Nine times out of ten, she makes up some phony reason about maybe needing to haul something. ;)

No, I've complained on the forum about a lot of perceived problems, but the long and short is that I would have dumped the truck a long time ago if I didn't really like it a lot. For reference, I have driven and worked out of trucks continuely for the last 30 years. I have no desire to go back to a full size or compact truck again. Ever.

Hey Geotech, I have the same situation, I bought the wife a brand new 06 Accord last year after coming to the conclusion our Impala sucked, she loved it until I bought my RL this year, now she always wants to take the RL everywhere, she actually likes the RL more than the Accord and she is not a truck person, (go figure):p

ToyTruck
09-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Same here--my wife wants my Ridgeline as her next "hand me down" vehicle. She loves her Santa Fe, but would seize my ride the first chance she gets. In the past her "hand me downs" were
1) '99 Civic Si
2) '01 Acura CL Type S
Just old junkers, ha ha ha. Only way I'm getting rid of the RL is for the 2010 diesel model.

samhian1031
09-05-2007, 12:55 PM
QR.... you cant even place these 2 "Trucks" in the same class. If you want to drive something your going to have to worry about - get the Ford. It's been tagged "Found On Road Dead" for a reason. My 1st 3 cars were all Fords and I had nothing but problems after each 1 broke 30k miles. :mad:

I test drove every mid-size on the market b4 pullin the trigger on the RL. It was the ride that sold it!!!! The trunk and other features were just bonus!!!!! Anyway - glad your swingin toward the RL. One of the best buys you'll ever make, it's a great ridin vehicle, you won't be disappointed. :cool:

steppy
09-05-2007, 02:07 PM
yea like we have nothing better to do than try to convince you to buy the same truck that we did.......:D
WTF do we care what YOU drive!?!?!?

[joking]

but seriously, if your driving on the same dirt road full of washboards in a RL and a FI50..........the F150s arse-end will kick out and the RLs will NOT.

samhian1031
09-05-2007, 02:43 PM
but seriously, if your driving on the same dirt road full of washboards in a RL and a FI50..........the F150s arse-end will kick out and the RLs will NOT.

Arse-end?????? you MUST be Irish......LMAO - My folks used to say that - :eek: :D

fwood
09-06-2007, 06:31 AM
I traded my '04 F150 on the Ridgeline. I liked the Ford, got reasonable mileage (5.4 L Three Velve motor) and it was great to tow with. I put ~85000 miles on it without problems.
I signed for the RL as soon as I test drove it. Much better ride and the handling is better hands down than any other truck I've ever driven.
The radio does suck though; I went with Alpine.
The only thing I feel I have given up with the Honda over the Ford is the towing capacity. I can still tow a 24' boat but I do not tow that often so it is not a big deal for me.
I lived in Florida for 16 years and never had a FWD. I could have used the Ridge though for it's AWD and handling ability in the rain. It is superb.
My wife loves the RL, doesn't need a step to get into the truck.
Parking the RL is much easier than the Ford. The trunk on the RL is genius and is used all of the time.

I'll trade my RL on another RL in a few years when they come out with the next big change, whatever that is. Till then, I'll drive my RL every day and love it.
'07 RT purchased December '06 24000 miles to date with no issues. Avg mileage over 24000 miles ~18.8. :D

JCKridgeline
09-06-2007, 10:13 AM

My wife is English and does not like trucks...period. She says they're too big and cheeky. Yesterday morning I went out the front door like any other morning and the Ridgeline was gone! :eek:

After I regained consciousness and picked myself off the pavement 5 mins later I realized that her car was still parked in the driveway. I called her and said Why did you take the Ridgeline today? I thought you hated trucks?" She said "...I'm still not a fan of trucks, but the Ridgeline is not a typical truck." :rolleyes:

Bottom Line: A truck is a truck, but the Ridgeline is special!

shovelhd
09-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Oh man, now you'll never drive it again without an argument :)

Pizza Man
09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Bottom Line: A truck is a truck, but the Ridgeline is special!
I like that line, JCK.

My wife won't drive the RL, period. On the other hand, she never balks at my choice of which vehicle to use. She'll ride in the RL anywhere, anytime.

Wuptdo
09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks for sharing. I thought I was the only one whose wife would snag my Ridgleline when she needed to run errands or pick up the kids.:eek: The first time it happened I thought someone had stolen it, then I realized her Avalon was still in the driveway. Driving to and fro from the Meet in St. Louise really spoiled her.

MoosePond
09-07-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm beginning to see a trend here . . . guess that the only solution is to NEVER let the womenfolk behind the wheel of our Ridgelines! :D (okay, you female owners can start flaming me now ;) )

geotech
09-07-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm beginning to see a trend here . . . guess that the only solution is to NEVER let the womenfolk behind the wheel of our Ridgelines! :D (okay, you female owners can start flaming me now ;) )

"Just what do you mean by that, Buster!"
signed,
Stephanie, errrr, Steve

I told my wife that she was being a little "bit**y" and she said as a woman and dog lover that she takes exception to that remark. ;)