$5000 off MSRP [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: $5000 off MSRP

ChrisM
03-28-2008, 06:22 AM
I don't read this part of the forum much so I don't know if this is repetitive information but there are a couple of dealers in the northern Cincinnati area running a $5000 off of MSRP special on 08's.

Just thought you guys might want to know. :)

PS. I'm pretty sure that the dealer over by my house where I got mine still has some 07's still in stock.

Pizza Man
03-28-2008, 07:29 AM
..... but there are a couple of dealers in the northern Cincinnati area running a $5000 off of MSRP special on 08's.

Funny you mention that Chris. Day before yesterday I received a letter from my dealer telling me that Honda has alerted them (their words, not mine) that I may be able to take advantage of special pricing they are now offering on the '08 Ridgeline. It may not be just in the Cincinnati area.

vivamotorsiklo
03-28-2008, 07:52 AM
I got mine for 8k+ under MSRP. There are certainly deals to be had. Make sure you get yours.

zero
03-28-2008, 09:32 AM
These are impressive deals. Most of us very early adopters paid sticker or close to it when the truck first came out. Now there are some awesome prices to be had out there.

If I was only in the market for another Ridgeline . . .

shovelhd
03-28-2008, 09:49 AM
You KNOW you want one, zero.

tbl01
03-28-2008, 03:17 PM
7.3k off sticker here. I could of haggled out for more, but felt that was a good price, and the allowed the special finance rate for up to 5 years.

You can do better the $5k.

CosmicHippo
03-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Any one know how long this will last ... my dealer today told me that it ends at the end of March ... I'd like to know if he's telling me the truth.

ToyTruck
03-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I'd love to pull the trigger--I found an 07 RTL in Aberdeen, which I really like on my RTS. I'll bet I could trade up for not a lot but.....

Two things stop me---1) I'd probably take a big hit for the 12,ooo miles; and 2) I suspect that Honda may possibly make the "leap" to the 3.7 with cylinder deactivation for 09, which I would really like.

More power = less gas consumption :D

ChrisM
03-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I'd love to pull the trigger--I found an 07 RTL in Aberdeen, which I really like on my RTS. I'll bet I could trade up for not a lot but.....

Two things stop me---1) I'd probably take a big hit for the 12,ooo miles; and 2) I suspect that Honda may possibly make the "leap" to the 3.7 with cylinder deactivation for 09, which I would really like.

I'd be very suprised to see cylinder deactivation. The RL is not aerodynamic enough.

TheFonzLives
03-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I suspect that Honda may possibly make the "leap" to the 3.7 with cylinder deactivation for 09, which I would really like.

Very interesting point. Do you have a web link or other place of reference to point me towards on that issue? I'm in the market for an 07 or 08 now (seems like we all are) but that sounds pretty interesting to me...wish I knew more about it, technically.

weatherman
03-28-2008, 08:46 PM
I was at Bluegrass Honda here in Paducah the other day getting the oil changed in the wife's Odyssey and chatted with one of the salesmen. I found out that they were not only running $5K off of MSRP, but also 3.9% financing (off of the '08 models). And yes, a person could utilize both options, not just one, because I asked. I would seriously consider it, but I have so many OEM accessories on my '06, a couple of which are very pricey, to get a new one loaded comparable to mine, the $5K savings would disappear. What a bummer!! I Haven't calculated how much if any the 3.9% financing would help, but I really don't think it's worth the hassle. Besides, I like my truck just the way it is. :cool:

CosmicHippo
03-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I just purchased the consumer reports bottom line pricing report. They say the bottom line price should for an RTL should be 26,288:

MSRP = 33090
Invoice = 30721
Dearler Incentive = -3500
Dealer Holdback = -993

However, on a different screen they list Invoice price as 30,086.

ToyTruck
03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Fonz............I'm speculating. It's a bit strange that the 08 model year is so short. Chris has a point though--RL is a brick with wheels, so maybe the V6 "becoming a 4" via deactivation is not a viable option. Wouldn't mind getting the 3.7 though. If I had my RL paid off I wouldn't even be looking--so close to paying it off!!

Exbox
03-28-2008, 10:09 PM
I'd be very suprised to see cylinder deactivation. The RL is not aerodynamic enough.

Good point but, I was given a new Suburban as a loaner while the R/L was in the shop, and IT had the cylinder deactivation. So I would say that the Surburban was equally as aerodynamic or un-aerodynamic as the R/L.
Still I agree, I don't see Honda doing this to the R/L.

Exbox
03-28-2008, 10:16 PM
I would seriously consider it, but I have so many OEM accessories on my '06, a couple of which are very pricey, to get a new one loaded comparable to mine, the $5K savings would disappear. What a bummer!! I havenít calculated how much if any the 3.9% financing would help, but I really don't think it's worth the hassle. Besides, I like my truck just the way it is.

I'm with you weatherman, I got her just the way I like her so It would not behoove me to buy a new one. Especially since I'm warranted to over 100,000 miles and she's paid for. I don't want another car payment.:(

xridgelinex
03-30-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't read this part of the forum much so I don't know if this is repetitive information but there are a couple of dealers in the northern Cincinnati area running a $5000 off of MSRP special on 08's.

Just thought you guys might want to know. :)

PS. I'm pretty sure that the dealer over by my house where I got mine still has some 07's still in stock.

Funny you mention that Chris. Day before yesterday I received a letter from my dealer telling me that Honda has alerted them (their words, not mine) that I may be able to take advantage of special pricing they are now offering on the '08 Ridgeline. It may not be just in the Cincinnati area.

I also received something similar from the dealership I use. They called it fleet purchase pricing of $6000 off and 1.9% finance.... The letter said it was because Honda had a record breaking sale year....

LionelLines
03-31-2008, 03:04 AM
I just purchased the consumer reports bottom line pricing report. They say the bottom line price should for an RTL should be 26,288:

MSRP = 33090
Invoice = 30721
Dearler Incentive = -3500
Dealer Holdback = -993

However, on a different screen they list Invoice price as 30,086.

This makes much sense and may be one of the more valuable pieces of informatiion available on the RL - RTL. I assume the CR MSRP iincludes freight. The general price around here a couple of weeks ago for the RTL w/o Navi was in the high $26k range which allows dealer gross (not profit) of $500-$700. Probably reasonable.