Is there a meet in Phoenix in October??? [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: Is there a meet in Phoenix in October???

Reaper
09-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey all - a couple months back meanmachine posted this thread. Is this still a go? Is there are any information about this? I think it would be really cool to have a meet and meet new people.

Phoenix Meet for October

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rocky is trying to organize a meet for the weekend of October 21/22.

Come on Arizona!! There are at least 40-50 ROC members from AZ! Let's make it happen! And, any other ROC members are welcome, too!

Please reply to Rocky's post under the Greet & Meet section!

Look forward to a meet close to home!! Let's make it a great one!!

meanmachine19
09-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Reaper, I have tried to contact Rocky to see if he is hosting the third annual Phx/Scottsdale Meet. If he doesn't reply to the email I will call him.

If he does not host the meeting, it will be up to someone else in the Phoenix area to host it. No big deal other than picking a firm date/time and place. We usually shoot for late October or first weekend in November.

As soon as something comes up, we will post it. So keep checking the southwest threads. I for one am ready for another meet! :D

TheCuteOne
09-24-2008, 09:12 AM
just let me know when and where im down! :)

meanmachine19
09-24-2008, 09:26 AM
There's an event in Peoria (84th Ave) the weekend of 10/24 thru 10/26 -

Taste of Greece Food and Dance Festival (http://www.visitphoenix.com/calendar/index.cfm?action=showDetail&eventID=7894)

I'd be up for a meet there, since I love Greek food! It's only $2 admission, so we could meet, have lunch there and drive afterwards!

BruceRTL
09-24-2008, 09:35 AM
There's an event in Peoria (84th Ave) the weekend of 10/24 thru 10/26 -

Taste of Greece Food and Dance Festival (http://www.visitphoenix.com/calendar/index.cfm?action=showDetail&eventID=7894)

I'd be up for a meet there, since I love Greek food! It's only $2 admission, so we could meet, have lunch there and drive afterwards!

That figures, I'll be out of town on the 25th. I'm having lunch with Voices today. Perhaps we can offer up an option. Stay tuned...

meanmachine19
09-24-2008, 09:57 AM
That figures, I'll be out of town on the 25th. I'm having lunch with Voices today. Perhaps we can offer up an option. Stay tuned...

Are you in town Sunday the 26th?....

I just was going thru the Phoenix calendar of events and figured it would be good to try to tie it in with something going on, i.e. the State Fair, etc....

BruceRTL
09-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Yes we are available on Sunday the 26th.

We have tickets for the Verde Railroad on the 25th. :)

meanmachine19
09-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Yes we are available on Sunday the 26th.

We have tickets for the Verde Railroad on the 25th. :)

Ah, so you'll be up in my neck of the woods! :p

As for the date(s), Saturdays tend to work best in case any of the So Cal gang want to venture over for a short weekend.

So if you and Voices want to pick a date that works for you guys, then I guess you are our hosts! If the 25th don't work, push it up (or back) a weekend! Check with Rusty, too. I've been dying to see his truck and we just haven't hooked up yet.

Once we get a firm date I'll work on passing the word up here (and via email).

Have a great time on the train ride!

RustyH
09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Right now, my calender is clear for October and November, although my family wants to go to Schnepf Farms sometime in October for their chili and pumpkin festival. I wouldn't recommend it for a meet, however.

BruceRTL
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I will be available to "help" put something together for Sat Oct 18th, Sun Oct 26th or even Sat Nov 1st. What was everyone thinking? Meet somewhere and go on a drive, or have lunch/dinner, or just hang out in a parking lot somewhere, or a combination of all of the above?

RustyH
09-24-2008, 11:06 PM
While driving my wife around so she could take pictures of the light rail stations (her company desigined the landscaping) I spotted this as a possible meeting place.

ROC BAR & GRILL,1400 S MCCLINTOCK DR #15,TEMPE, 85281

Actually, it kind of looked like a dive from the outside, but the name really caught my eye. I'll see if I can get by and check it out sometime in the next week or so and take some pictures. Maybe they'll sponsor a meet.

BruceRTL
09-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Well it's got the right name!
I was thinking it would be cool to have a ROC poker run. Where ROC members would drive from location to location and pick up a "card". Once everyone got to the end (a park for example), we would compare hands and win prizes. The motorcycle riders do this all the time. I would be willing to work with someone if there are any volunteers. We would need prizes and then a discussion on size of the route.

meanmachine19
09-25-2008, 08:57 AM
I think the Sat. Nov. 1st date works best, giving everyone enough time to clear their calendar.

In the past, we've met around 10:00 a.m., did the truck thing, then went to lunch. Last year we went to Showcase Honda and had a tour of their service department. They gave us hats, shirts and coupons for free oil changes.

We've not done and 'scenic' drives to speak of, but whatever you guys decide is fine!

Check a Phoenix calendar of events and perhaps there may be something like a car show going on for the date selected!

If we meet on the west side, my vote is for 'Margaritaville'! :D

BruceRTL
09-26-2008, 08:39 AM
November 1st works for me. Rusty, let me know what you find out about the ROC BAR & GRILL.

I'm not seeing any car shows on the calendars coming up. Cave Creek Wild West Days is happening that weekend starting Friday Oct 31st. Kevin, I could talk to some Honda dealers and try to set up another tour but if you did that last year, I would hate to repeat the event - even at a different location. But if you think that would be good, I'll make some phone calls.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

meanmachine19
09-26-2008, 08:53 AM
November 1st works for me. Rusty, let me know what you find out about the ROC BAR & GRILL.

I'm not seeing any car shows on the calendars coming up. Cave Creek Wild West Days is happening that weekend starting Friday Oct 31st. Kevin, I could talk to some Honda dealers and try to set up another tour but if you did that last year, I would hate to repeat the event - even at a different location. But if you think that would be good, I'll make some phone calls.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I heard back from Rocky and regrettably he will not be able to assist with any organization this year.

As for the Honda Dealers, I'm fine without that. We just need a good central locale for meeting, a plan for lunch and perhaps a road trip after lunch to any destination that sounds interesting.

So, let me know when the date and time are firm. Then I will send out emails to those on my ROC mailing list.

I can't wait! Thanks Bruce for stepping up and getting the ball rolling. I think we will have a great turnout! :D

BruceRTL
09-26-2008, 01:41 PM
I heard back from Rocky and regrettably he will not be able to assist with any organization this year.

As for the Honda Dealers, I'm fine without that. We just need a good central locale for meeting, a plan for lunch and perhaps a road trip after lunch to any destination that sounds interesting.

So, let me know when the date and time are firm. Then I will send out emails to those on my ROC mailing list.

I can't wait! Thanks Bruce for stepping up and getting the ball rolling. I think we will have a great turnout! :D

No problem Kevin! Looking forward to seeing you again.
Unless I get an overwhelming objection to November 1st. We'll plan on that date. I will be taking suggestions for both a drive and a lunch spot over the next week. If we don't get a consensus by next Friday, I'll make an executive decision and we'll see what happens. Let's make this happen! :)

RustyH
09-26-2008, 06:32 PM
11-1 works for me

BruceRTL
09-26-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm looking at meeting someplace (not sure where yet) then having a Mexican lunch in south Phoenix. Perhaps Los Dos Molinos at 8646 S. Central. Once we're done with lunch we can drive up South Mountain. At the top we can take pictures and visit. This isn't my final answer but I'm liking it so far.:) Any opinions?

RustyH
09-26-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm looking at meeting someplace (not sure where yet) then having a Mexican lunch in south Phoenix. Perhaps Los Dos Molinos at 8646 S. Central. Once we're done with lunch we can drive up South Mountain. At the top we can take pictures and visit. This isn't my final answer but I'm liking it so far.:) Any opinions?

Great minds think alike. I was going to suggest a South Mountain drive as well.

BruceRTL
09-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Great minds think alike. I was going to suggest a South Mountain drive as well.

That's scary! We'll drive up the mountain and be on top of Phoenix! It will be awesome! We can call it, "I like it on top - Phoenix ROC Meet". :D

RustyH
09-26-2008, 10:36 PM
It will be awesome! We can call it, "I like it on top - Phoenix ROC Meet". :D

Now that's scary:eek:

meanmachine19
09-28-2008, 03:04 AM
No problem Kevin! Looking forward to seeing you again.
Unless I get an overwhelming objection to November 1st. We'll plan on that date. I will be taking suggestions for both a drive and a lunch spot over the next week. If we don't get a consensus by next Friday, I'll make an executive decision and we'll see what happens. Let's make this happen! :)

I'll pencil in Nov. 1st. I would recommend a new post once a time and location to meet are decided on. Then you can post the 'agenda' on that thread as well, and do a poll as to how many are coming. :D

BruceRTL
09-28-2008, 09:25 AM
I'll pencil in Nov. 1st. I would recommend a new post once a time and location to meet are decided on. Then you can post the 'agenda' on that thread as well, and do a poll as to how many are coming. :D

We'll get it hammered out this week and post the final date/agenda/poll by the end of this week.

Reaper
09-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Mexican Food and South Mtn. Sound good to me.

RustyH
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
I drove by the ROC bar and grille and took a couple of pics. Personally, I wouldn't plan on having a meet there unless everyone comes armed, it appears to be that kind of place.:eek: AND some of the clientele were, working?!?!:o

Its a nice name, but not a nice place.

BruceRTL
09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
I drove by the ROC bar and grille and took a couple of pics. Personally, I wouldn't plan on having a meet there unless everyone comes armed, it appears to be that kind of place.:eek: AND some of the clientele were, working?!?!:o

Its a nice name, but not a nice place.

I think I would have fit right in! :D What no pictures of the working Clientel? I'll have to check it out on Google Streetview. I have a concealed weapons permit. Let's do it! - Ok, just kidding. Thanks for checking it out.

RustyH
09-29-2008, 10:58 PM
:D What no pictures of the working Clientel? I'll have to check it out on Google Streetview.

Check out the first photo a little more closely. She was going in. The one that came out, however, could scare little kids.

I have a concealed weapons permit. Let's do it! - Ok, just kidding. Thanks for checking it out.

Same here, but I figured having a shootout at the ROC corral might not be a good idea.