OEM Tonneu cover help... [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: OEM Tonneu cover help...

TEN100
12-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Hello All,
I bought my Ridgeline used last week and do not have a key for the Tonneu cover lock. So, is my best bet to go to a dealership and see if they can order a key (?) or go to a locksmith to see if they can replace it with a new lock & key? (I assume someone else must have also had this dillema.)

Also, it appears the cover is oxidizing or getting a "chalky" appearance. Has anyone found a cleaner or wax to bring back the black color?

Thanks in advance!

Mr Bigs
12-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Hello All,
I bought my Ridgeline used last week and do not have a key for the Tonneu cover lock. So, is my best bet to go to a dealership and see if they can order a key (?) or go to a locksmith to see if they can replace it with a new lock & key? (I assume someone else must have also had this dillema.)

Also, it appears the cover is oxidizing or getting a "chalky" appearance. Has anyone found a cleaner or wax to bring back the black color?

Thanks in advance!Just order a new lock assembly from Majestic Honda and replace it yourself the dealership will charge too much.

FTM1
12-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Iam not sure about the lock but with the oem cover oxidizing.
I use the Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish to keep it black.
Wash the cover with a car wash detergent like Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner. Then dry it & put the Ice Liquid Polish on it with wax applicator just like you would polish the truck. You may use about a quarter to half a bottle for the first time. If it starts to turn back to the normal black color then this is what you can use. This has been what I use to maintain the oem cover.

2006 Blk Ridgeline
12-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Hello All,

Thanks in advance!

Ten100- Its funny because I just bought my Ridgeline 3 weeks ago and did not notice the key was missing for the cover lock. I called my salesman and asked if the previous owner gave them the key and they said no. I explained to them this should have been part of the purchase and they needed to rectify the situation. They set me up for an appointment, ordered a new lock and key assembly and will be installing it tomorrow at NO cost to me. Give it a try and good luck.:D