Goodbye '07, Hello '10 [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: Goodbye '07, Hello '10

johnnyi
04-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Well, much to my surprise, the dealership accepted my '07 RTL on a lease turn-in with all the scratches (that someone added down to the bare metal with a key along the front bumper and entire passenger side) and flipped the lease to a new one! Changed colors from silver to dark blue (I really don't have to call it "Bali Pearl Blue", do I?).

Some subtle differences, but so far it seems it's all in the styling. Outside, obviously the new grille and bumper, with fog lights now standard, the tail lights are slightly different (no amber), a tow hitch receiver - also standard. Inside, they added the AUX input jack, new dashboad gauges/styling, and some rubber grips on all of the knobs (A/C, volume, etc.). Aside from that, everything else seems the same - though I've only had the new one for 20 hours...

Never even thought about getting a different [make] truck - love the Ridgeline - and yes, I actually use the bed! :act035:

RockyRoad
04-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Congrats on the new ride!

jnc2000
04-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Thoughts on the gearing / throttle response changes?

When I was shopping the MMC Ridgelines definitely had a bit more pep to them.

Pizza Man
04-02-2010, 10:04 AM
When I was shopping the MMC Ridgelines....

What's MMC?? Or, do you mean MMX? As in Roman Numeral for 2010?

Best wishes on your new wheels, Johnny!

jnc2000
04-02-2010, 10:35 AM
MMC - often referred to as Mid Model Change

Pizza Man
04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
MMC - often referred to as Mid Model Change
Thanks, now committed to memory!

rakapur
04-02-2010, 10:46 AM
if you dont mind me asking what are you paying on the 10' lease compared to the 07' lease?

johnnyi
04-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Now that you mention it, I did notice that it seems to drive a little differently. Can't comment on that too much as I've only just brought it home from the dealership. Gotta go pick up some sheetrock in a few minutes, so I'll try and gauge the gearing/throttle response. It definately feels a bit tighter, but I'm comparing it to 3-year old one that I just turned in which probably loosened up a bit. Nothing negative, that's for sure.

rakapur, I'll PM you...

Psyched.

07_rtx
04-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Congrats on the new ride. I have considered upgrading to a newer one also, but don't want a bigger payment.

RTXGuy
04-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Congrats on the new Ridge. I'm really tempted myself in trading mine in...the Bali Blue pearl is the color I'm looking for! I hope the 2nd gen RL comes with that color. Iím sick of keeping my Black truck clean.

jnc2000
04-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Congrats on the new Ridge. I'm really tempted myself in trading mine in...the Bali Blue pearl is the color I'm looking for! I hope the 2nd gen RL comes with that color. Iím sick of keeping my Black truck clean.

If you don't like cleaning black, the BBP won't be much better - it's a very dark blue, and in the right light looks almost black. I imagine it'll show road spray, dirt, and scratches just as easy - depending on the driving conditions.

rakapur
04-02-2010, 12:56 PM
If you don't like cleaning black, the BBP won't be much better - it's a very dark blue, and in the right light looks almost black. I imagine it'll show road spray, dirt, and scratches just as easy - depending on the driving conditions.

we got a BBP on our MDX, it does show dirt but black shows it MUCH more, but i agree BBP is almost as hard to keep clean as black

speedlever
04-02-2010, 02:19 PM
As beautiful as the darker colors are, I have to think they all share the same problem of readily showing dirt.

Lazy man's colors are the lighter ones. :act027:

YooperDude
04-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I just traded my '06 for a new 2010 in Polished Metal.The dealer in Waukesha WI cut a sweet deal!