Trade In Value Or Sell Value Of Rl [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: Trade In Value Or Sell Value Of Rl

Tex's Ridge
11-28-2005, 10:02 AM
I 've checked the usual (edmund, kelly, nada) none of them list the Ridgeline. I would like to find out the value of my truck, how do I do that??

TheRidgester
11-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Good question, but I'm sorta happy I can not answer:) I checked thru car max as they usually have pricing on used cars/trucks... but they have no ridgelines in thier inventory! Thats the good news...Ridgeline is so good, few must trade them in.
On the other hand, looking for any domestic (used) current year model car.. look at carmax, odds are good you would fine one or more I checked Hummer H2 for grins... they have "3" 2005's in inventory in the chicago market

denvrfan
11-28-2005, 11:31 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens to trade-in values once a few get traded/sold. Not that I'm looking to sell but I'm a little concerned that the recent dramatic discounting will hurt the value of the Ridgelines sold way back in the beginning (I could buy a Nav-equipped RTL for less than what I paid for my RTL w/moonroof back in March).

shovelhd
11-28-2005, 11:47 AM
You already know the answer to that question. Couple this with the fact that the 2006 Ridgeline is a low volume/low demand vehicle, and get ready for sticker shock at trade-in time. I would venture to say that it may have the highest depreciation factor of any Honda vehicle ever produced. Honda just plain blew it.

steveberger
11-28-2005, 12:19 PM
I still don't think they blew it quite as bad as GM, Ford, et. al. How would you like to have paid $35,000 for a vehicle just before they started thier 25%
"family" discounts. You would be lucky to get $20,00 for that vehicle less than a year later!

DoctorJ
11-28-2005, 12:38 PM
I have been looking for this as well but I don't beleive we will see anything until next year.

zero
11-28-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't know if Honda 'blew it' or if they released this vehicle at the wrong time (rising gas proces and deep discounts from the competitors).

TheRidgester
11-28-2005, 12:47 PM
I still don't think they blew it quite as bad as GM, Ford, et. al. How would you like to have paid $35,000 for a vehicle just before they started thier 25%
"family" discounts. You would be lucky to get $20,00 for that vehicle less than a year later!
I learned the hard way with 2 Chevys... less than 50% of what I paid. Both were less than 1 year old. 04 Tahoe and 03 Trailblazer... never again!!

Long Gone
11-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Trade in value of the RidgeLine??
PRICELESS!!:p

Tex's Ridge
11-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Just for ha-has, I think I'll swing by my Honda, and ask them to give me a price and see what they say. Let you know hasta maniana.:)

Long Gone
11-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Cool Tex..I love secret shopping!! :D

Ultra-HOG
11-28-2005, 01:49 PM
I would rather take a sharp stick in my eye than trade in my truck. What will it be worth towards a 2015 Ridgeline when I finally do trade it with 250,000+ miles on it (damn, that advice on the Mobil 1 was good, thank you!), still runnin' and shinin' like new - including the Retrax, and Ok, maybe there will be a few scratches in the bed? If it's in that great shape, the only reason to trade it in would be to get the trip computer on the 2015 model that Honda finally realized that it was safe for us to play with after 10 years! Of course, maybe by then Honda will have fuel cell powered vehicles that run on sea water and are excited by a 9 volt battery :rolleyes: .

arteegee
11-28-2005, 02:40 PM
I call $25k as their valuation.:eek:

DoctorJ
11-28-2005, 03:23 PM
I did not want to trade but wanted to know what their value was going to be in used market.

Tex's Ridge
11-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Trade value for RTL, moonroof and xm, OEM tonneau, carpets, gold emblems, metallic trim, new Infinity 6012si all four doors, window shades, tinted windows. $26500.00. Traded in tonight for a 2003 Civic LX, with a 600.00 equity on the RL. Will sure miss Silver Bullet. See you in 2008? I'll be checking in now and then. Really enjoyed everything with you good folks.:) :)

Kellcut
11-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Trade value for RTL, moonroof and xm, OEM tonneau, carpets, gold emblems, metallic trim, new Infinity 6012si all four doors, window shades, tinted windows. $26500.00. Traded in tonight for a 2003 Civic LX, with a 600.00 equity on the RL. Will sure miss Silver Bullet. See you in 2008? I'll be checking in now and then. Really enjoyed everything with you good folks.:) :)

Sorry you had to trade it in.

Stay with us regardless of whether you have the RL now or not. You are an owner at heart.

Oddjob
11-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Tex, Sorry to hear of the trade.... Yes come back now and then to see what is up here.... At least you stayed in the Honda family:)

steveberger
11-28-2005, 07:16 PM
No, Tex! Say it isn't so!!!:(

5S Dude
11-28-2005, 07:27 PM

Wow Tex! You've really gone and done it this time! We all will miss you and your silver bullet! Stay tuned in and best of luck with the Civic.....:)

Ultra-HOG
11-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Tex, once a ROC head always a ROC head, the same goes for good friends. Nobody ever said that you have to be a current owner to participate on the ROC. Your contributions are part of the foundation of the ROC. You have helped to shape the ROC into what it is today and what it will be tomorrow. I am sure that I am not alone in saying that I value your input. Please, stay with us! 2008 will be here before you know it. On the other hand, if you are going to rub our noses into 40 MPG and all of the trips that you will be taking, including trips to ROC meets, I don't want to hear it ;) !
I wish you the best my friend!
Catch you on the ROC!

Tex's Ridge
11-28-2005, 08:05 PM
I hear you all, thanks. Steve, U-H, Kellcut, 5SDude.

DoctorJ
11-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Why did you trade Tex?

Long Gone
11-28-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure what to say. :(
My heart is sad but I respect whatever it is you need to do for you and Sonia.
I know how much you loved your "Silver Bullet".
You know you are welcome here anytime and I will expect to see you at the meets when you can make them.
We hold you in our hearts Tex and we hope you hold us in yours.
Thank you for being my dear friend.
J.C. :)

zero
11-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Too bad that you had to trade your truck in. Stick around, Tex. You are always welcome on the boards.

Tex's Ridge
11-28-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure what to say. :(
My heart is sad but I respect whatever it is you need to do for you and Sonia.
I know how much you loved your "Silver Bullet".
You know you are welcome here anytime and I will expect to see you at the meets when you can make them.
We hold you in our hearts Tex and we hope you hold us in yours.
Thank you for being my dear friend.
J.C. :)
JC, that's a great shot of Silver Bullet. I shall print it and frame it. Thank you so much for being there for me when I needed someone to prop me up. You are a very special person, as all the members of ROC already knows. As history will show, I believe I was the first to declare you Queen of ROC. You have lived up to every expectations of everyone. I personally owe you a lot. I want to say also that Frank called this evening to see if everything was ok. That's what friends are all about. The friendship I have acquired thru this forum is unlike any I have known. For that I am eternally grateful and previleged. Thanks Zero.

Webwader
11-28-2005, 09:40 PM
That had to be a tough decision to sell your Ridge, Tex, but I'm sure you did it for the right reasons. Like everyone says, stick around on the forum.

TheRidgester
11-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Tex, keep coming back! It appears you'll be looking in 08 for another:) By then all bugs will be gone and you'll have an inside edge on the next purchase! By the way, will the next RL be silver? or will you switch:eek:

Tex's Ridge
11-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Tex, keep coming back! It appears you'll be looking in 08 for another:) By then all bugs will be gone and you'll have an inside edge on the next purchase! By the way, will the next RL be silver? or will you switch:eek:
Depends what colors are available then, partial to the Honda gold, like the civic I will have tomorrow.:)

swampler
11-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Depends what colors are available then, partial to the Honda gold, like the civic I will have tomorrow.:)
...and to think, I thought you were pulling our legs given the prior posts in this thread. :eek:

bliss53
11-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Best wishes Tex. Stay in touch. My best to Sonia.

Long Gone
11-30-2005, 12:20 PM
When I leave my truck at the dealership tonite, it will be the last time I will see it. However, I am hoping that the decals will be left on the truck. Are decals typically removed prepping it for resell? I wonder where Silver Bullet will wind up. If the decal is left on the glass, they will notice the ROC decal, and hopefully the new owner will come online and asks if you guys know who tex's ridge was. That decal is on the lower front, drivers side windshield. If he or she introduce themself as the new owner, at least I will be able to follow his growth. That would be nice.
Very touching thought Tex. I'll keep an eye open for sure. After all...that Rl will ALWAYS be Tex's Ridge Silver Bullet regardless of who owns it.:)

captmiddy
11-30-2005, 12:52 PM
You know I feel a little pang every time I sell or trade a vehicle, it must be hard with a vehicle you liked so much after such a short period of time. Hopefully they will leave some of the logos on and you will get a chance to see them on the road again.

arteegee
11-30-2005, 02:03 PM
I gotta quit peeling onions.:o

ridgeln
11-30-2005, 07:56 PM
I was so shocked by Tex's post, that I HAD to call him. So call him, I did. It was a very hard decision, but one that he made with dignity and aplomb! (ok, so my vocabulary outshines my spelling).

I am VERY glad to get Tex's word that he is not abandoning us, his Ridgeline Brothers and Sisters. And, he at least is getting into another Honda. Sonia married an awesome man.

-ridgeln

ridgeln
12-01-2005, 06:43 PM
LadyRidge -

THAT'S what we need - RIDGEHOG t-shirts! I, personally, want a RidgeHog decal for my Ridge - I'm envisioning a gnarly-toothed hog walking a ridge... someone artisitic wanna work something up?

Oh, and Tex - how's that new club going? COUGH: Civic Owners User Group, Honda

-ridgeln

Ultra-HOG
12-01-2005, 06:45 PM
RIDGEHOG? - I like it!:)
Not so sure if GoldWing riders would like it though - 'cause it's not the RIDGE Honda Owners Group!:rolleyes:

ridgeln
12-01-2005, 07:06 PM
As you well know, I think they might be the HARLEY owners that take great umbrage at the use of HOG.

But what do those folks know - their rides only have 2 wheels!!!! (ok, so some have 3, but that's even weirder...) :)

RidgeHog - gettin' down & dirty w/ our trucks

-ridgeln

Ultra-HOG
12-01-2005, 07:47 PM
RidgeHog - gettin' down & dirty w/ our trucks
Now you're talkin! I'm really startin to like it!

Some of us wear two hats, but only one face, weather we're ridin' or riding.;)

Long Gone
12-01-2005, 08:24 PM
LadyRidge -

THAT'S what we need - RIDGEHOG t-shirts! I, personally, want a RidgeHog decal for my Ridge - I'm envisioning a gnarly-toothed hog walking a ridge... someone artisitic wanna work something up?

Oh, and Tex - how's that new club going? COUGH: Civic Owners User Group, Honda

-ridgeln
I love it Tin Man.
I have the perfect guy in mind too.
I'll report back in a few hours. :D

hondaguy22
12-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Tex - I would say that it is difficult to state the value of your Ridge. You have added on many parts (and a lot of T.L.C):) My guess is that a Dealer would have to take a look at it and negotiate from there.

Oddjob
12-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Anyone call their insurance agent, and ask what they would pay if the RL got totalled? Could this be a fair trade in value? :eek:

shovelhd
12-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Tex - I thought you were joking. :(

Man, that has to have been a tough decision. Best of luck. At least you still own a Honda, and you'll ALWAYS be welcome here. We will have to get together with the MA/NH/CT crew again.

Craig
12-02-2005, 05:48 PM
now I'm driving her black 02 CRV EX. It's a fun vehicle to drive.

My wife's 2004 CRV is one of the few cars she can actually drive. We needed to get something that she could get up our driveway after a snow storm. She would get her Civic stuck if there was more than an inch of snow. The CRV is a GREAT little vehicle. I still like taking it out for a spin every once in a while. Best of luck with yours, Tex.

ridgeln
12-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Tex -

I know the CRV is a good ride - I ended up driving my mother's CRV to my mother-in-laws place last Xmas (the diesel truck I had fallen victim to its owners stupidity and -15 degree temps). The 6 hr trip went well, with all sorts of weather conditions - mainly snow. I think it was that trip and the CRV that made me seriously consider the Ridgeline when I was shopping for a new vehicle.

-ridgeln

mentallyabused
12-03-2005, 03:40 AM
we may never know. maybe when kbb updates its database.