First Toyota, now Honda. Oh no! :) [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: First Toyota, now Honda. Oh no! :)

zroger73
09-07-2010, 01:55 PM
"Poquonnock Bridge Fire Department Capt. Brian Kiely said a female driver of a silver Honda Ridgeline told officials that her engine started to rev and that even though her foot was on the brake it hit a curb stop and crashed into a wall at the mini golf."

http://www.theday.com/article/20100907/NWS04/309079933/-1/nws

k757
09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
people need to stop pressing on both pedals at once (two footed driver) :act002:

rollinhonda
09-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Maybe she is one of those people who rests her foot on the brake all the time.

mevers
09-07-2010, 02:29 PM
The problem with all the press that the Toyota issues received earlier in the year is now every asshat who runs into something is going to blame it on a stuck gas pedal.

oarnold
09-07-2010, 02:39 PM
It's been a couple of weeks since I heard a radio news report that featured a NTSB (or the other organization, I can't remember) spokesperson saying that of the 100+ Toyotas they had extensively examined that were to have crashed due to supposedly stuck accelerators, none showed any evidence that supported the claims. None. He said they still had several cars to inspect.

Correction: It WAS the other organization, NHTSA, and it was 58 cars, not 100, and it was a Toyota spokesperson relaying the info because NHTSA won't officially report until the investigation is complete. Here's the story link:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129135370

Nutbread
09-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I rented a Dodge Durango for a weekend a few years back, and hit the brake & gas at the same time twice in two days. Didn't hit anyone or anything, but I did scare the sh!t out of the attendant at the rental lot. It lurched ahead a couple feet then the brakes held it. Hasn't happened with any other car I've ever driven.

k757
09-07-2010, 04:51 PM
The problem with all the press that the Toyota issues received earlier in the year is now every asshat who runs into something is going to blame it on a stuck gas pedal.I should try this approach when I get pulled over for speeding

I rented a Dodge Durango for a weekend a few years back, and hit the brake & gas at the same time twice in two days. Didn't hit anyone or anything, but I did scare the sh!t out of the attendant at the rental lot. It lurched ahead a couple feet then the brakes held it. Hasn't happened with any other car I've ever driven.I didn't buy a Volvo S40 cause I kept tapping the brakes when I hit the gas. obviously a girl's car or those with tiny feet.