MISTAKE! Wife now driving the Ridgeline! [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: MISTAKE! Wife now driving the Ridgeline!

RidgeOwner3
12-06-2005, 01:27 PM
My wife's Camry is in the shop for maintenance at 175K miles. So she's been dropping me off at work and driving the rest of her 30 mile commute in the truck for the last few days. She gets compliments and questions everyday, ooohs and awwws. She says she's decided to drive "him" to work from now on. Of course, I had to ask her for all her specific reasons and she basically said "it's just such a nice vehicle to drive"...(for all the reasons that you already know.)

That's not really going to happen, though. It's my truck! And the only reason we're maintaining her car (and not trading it in) is because she already said she wants to keep it until it dies.

5S Dude
12-06-2005, 01:31 PM
My wife's Camry is in the shop for maintenance at 175K miles. So she's been dropping me off at work and driving the rest of her 30 mile commute in the truck for the last few days. She gets compliments and questions everyday, ooohs and awwws. She says she's decided to drive "him" to work from now on. Of course, I had to ask her for all her specific reasons and she basically said "it's just such a nice vehicle to drive"...(for all the reasons that you already know.)

That's not really going to happen, though. It's my truck! And the only reason we're maintaining her car (and not trading it in) is because she already said she wants to keep it until it dies.

Hey RidgeOwner3, That may take quite awhile. Yota's last just as long as Hondas. We've got both so I do not forsee anything new until 2017 or there abouts.....:p

Long Gone
12-06-2005, 01:35 PM
And the only reason we're maintaining her car (and not trading it in) is because she already said she wants to keep it until it dies.
It's a known fact that woman ARE allowed to change their minds. :rolleyes: So...go buy her her own RidgeLine. :D

lowrider90
12-06-2005, 01:39 PM
It's a known fact that woman ARE allowed to change their minds. :rolleyes: So...go buy her her own RidgeLine. :D

well it happened to me. My wife said she would keep the 2000 odyssey till it died. then I purchased the ridgeline, she drove it, and wanted it all the time. So we trade the ody for a new pilot, she stills take the ridgeline for drving around on the weekends. Luckily, I have been towing stuff lately. no hitch on the pilot. so I get to keep the ridge.

ridged
12-06-2005, 01:58 PM
So...go buy her her own RidgeLine. :D
Better yet - tell her to go buy her own. :p

Long Gone
12-06-2005, 02:00 PM
Better yet - tell her to go buy her own. :p
Now now..be nice Mr. Ocifer. :D

ridged
12-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Now now..be nice Mr. Ocifer. :D
I grew up during the women's lib movement so I rest my case. :cool:

Kellcut
12-06-2005, 02:25 PM

Maybe you are soon to be a TWO Ridgeline family :D

Erock40
12-06-2005, 03:08 PM

I know the feeling, my wife just about wrestles the key away from me to drive and she HATES driving. My poor RSX, she'll never get to 50K b/c all we go in now it the Ridge.

BKLYNBOY11
12-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Speaking of wives driving the Ridgeline, my wife reminded me one of the main reasons we bought the truck was for driving in the snow and she let me know the second snow was in the forcast so she could take it to work! Well, that's just part of the deal to owning one!! And by the way, we never got that snowfall they called for but she is driving herself happy with the Truck!!:D

iROC
12-06-2005, 03:46 PM
You guys (women included), are making me nervous. Fortunately, I have the long commute, but...

RidgeOwner3
12-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Maybe you are soon to be a TWO Ridgeline family :D

It would be pretty cool to have two of them sitting side by side in the garage. You never know. That could be what replaces her '98 Camry in a few years, especially with all the improvements I'm expecting Honda to make on it. The 2009 model year isn't that far away, and that's when the Hybrid Ridgeline is expected!

I just can't imagine having two TRUCKS. I mean, I can imagine it, but that would take a serious change of ideology for me, especially since I've always owned smaller cars, like Civics, mostly for the gas mileage with my commute. (My cars have averaged 40 mpg over the last 15 years, CRX and Civic HX.) Well, my commute has shrunk in the last few years, thankfully, but hers is still 30 miles each way. Do you know, that's almost 15,000 miles a year just for work!

But I know, she's worth it. So we'll see what happens.

bonerep
12-06-2005, 06:45 PM
I tried for the 2 truck approach but instead ended up with this. Works for us:D

DatSumbch
12-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Ro3...i Feel Your Pain...

iROC
12-06-2005, 07:24 PM
I tried for the 2 truck approach but instead ended up with this. Works for us:D
Nice job, Bonerep!

captmiddy
12-06-2005, 08:46 PM
If my wife wants to drive the Ridgeline she can. I don't think I have ever heard her ask to drive any car.

swampler
12-06-2005, 09:33 PM
hers is still 30 miles each way. Do you know, that's almost 15,000 miles a year just for work!
I sure do. I have a 29 mile drive each way to work and have put 16,500+ miles on my RL since April 30 (7 months & 1 week). That's on track for about 28,000 miles a year. :eek:

bonerep
12-06-2005, 10:00 PM
I bought my Ridge on8/20/05 I now 12500 miles on it. She got her Pilot ~ 1mos and had 200 miles on it.

RidgeOwner3
12-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Well, the trauma is over! $3,000 later and I picked up the Camry last night. They said it should last another 175K miles, and shouldn't need any more major work for 90K. It's like a new car now since they replaced practically everything while they were in there; valve job, drive belt, brakes/rotors, struts, water pump, battery, ignition wires, belts, etc.

So...my wife's back in her "new" car and I have my truck back!! All is well in the world!

minihummer
12-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Luckily my wife is height challenged, so she now gets my 02TL-S... sad and happy at the same time.... go figure....