Another Ridgeline [Archive] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

: Another Ridgeline

drouke
04-14-2005, 04:59 AM
Has anyone actually seen someone else driving a Ridge? The dealer I got mine from only had the one which I bought and I haven't seen any on the lot since. I also haven't seen any on the road. I'm not complaining, I like the attention. Just wondering.

Heinrich
04-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Saw my first one today and it happened to be the exact color with a roof rack just like mine AND whoever owns it lives in our community!

Long Gone
04-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Still have only seen one on the road in 4,190 miles and 6 weeks tomorrow. :cool:

mayfielh
04-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Saw my first one today and it happened to be the exact color with a roof rack just like mine AND whoever owns it lives in our community!

Copying the the best form of flattery.

denvrfan
04-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Has anyone actually seen someone else driving a Ridge? The dealer I got mine from only had the one which I bought and I haven't seen any on the lot since. I also haven't seen any on the road. I'm not complaining, I like the attention. Just wondering.

After 4 weeks of ownership, still waiting to see another RL on the streets of Richmond, VA. I'm torn between the feelings of exclusivity and the fear that nobody else likes the vehicle (too expensive in the face of all of the American truck incentives?). I'd actually feel a little more comfortable if I would see another one just to make sure I'm not alone out there!

ripncarz
04-14-2005, 12:37 PM
;) I haven't seen any here in Floirda yet besides mine either.

Ridgeline Crime Unit
04-14-2005, 02:18 PM
I have the silver Ridgeline. I was coming down the road to my neighborhood and saw a white one coming at me. I flashed my lights and they stopped in the road and waived as I drove by. Seems that ridgeline owners are in a club? :)

Nthnfancy
04-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Haven't seen one yet but I know there are 2 somewhere in my area. they've posted a few times on here.

swampler
04-14-2005, 04:56 PM
I've seen 1 several times on the road...it's the same one every time. The downside is that I don't have mine yet, so I doubt that he has seen another one yet!

JulesK
04-14-2005, 05:19 PM
I have seen 2 here in Bradenton. Denvrfan, if you will wait till August I will be in Richmond visiting family. I grew up there.
Jules

STEVE FROST
04-14-2005, 05:22 PM
I purchased mine 4/7/05 I have seen two on the road, but they continue to disapear off the dealers lot so I know they are out there. Sales seemed to have started slow and are taking off now. I did not like the look of the truck initialy, I was going to buy a Tacoma dbl cab. I am a Honda fan a decided to try the Ridge line dispite the looks. It took me about a block on the test drive to conclude I could get used to the looks.

My license plate frame now reads: Cadarac Escarade

Love my Honda

PS: I would sound a lot smarter if you would put spell check in this site.

denvrfan
04-14-2005, 09:33 PM
I have seen 2 here in Bradenton. Denvrfan, if you will wait till August I will be in Richmond visiting family. I grew up there.
Jules

Hey, Jules:

August is a WONDERFUL time to visit hot and muggy Richmond, VA. We should try to remain in touch. Thanks for responding. Denvrfan.

denvrfan
04-14-2005, 09:36 PM
I purchased mine 4/7/05 I have seen two on the road, but they continue to disapear off the dealers lot so I know they are out there. Sales seemed to have started slow and are taking off now. I did not like the look of the truck initialy, I was going to buy a Tacoma dbl cab. I am a Honda fan a decided to try the Ridge line dispite the looks. It took me about a block on the test drive to conclude I could get used to the looks.

My license plate frame now reads: Cadarac Escarade

Love my Honda

PS: I would sound a lot smarter if you would put spell check in this site.

Steve, You should win a prize for one of the funniest posts I've seen yet. Classic!

denvrfan
04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Haven't seen one yet but I know there are 2 somewhere in my area. they've posted a few times on here.

I'm one of the other Richmond owners. Live in Glen Allen off of I-295 and Staples Mill. Purchased at Mechanicsville Honda. I understand you purchased in Petersburg. Enjoy your RL!

old guy
04-14-2005, 11:00 PM
I picked up mine on March 1 in Los Angeles, and have yet to see another on the road.

ridz54
04-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Took a trip to Las Vegas last weekend and saw one Green RTL crossing the Hoover Dam with (Arizona?) dealer stickers. My Silver RTS was in the Parking structure at that time :( . Back here in the SoCentral Valley I've seen none so far..

kanji
04-15-2005, 02:37 AM
I've only seen one in my area and mostly people test driving from the dealer. I saw a mother bought an RL for her son to match his father's Avalanche. That's basically it, haven't seen one on the road here in Antelope Valley or Los Angeles area.

JulesK
04-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey DF,
you think it is hot and muggy in Richmond in Aug, try the Florida gulf coast.
Daily forcast, 95 degrees, 95% humidity
My friend Henry Denby lives in Glen Allen off Courtney rd.

Gonzo
04-15-2005, 11:10 PM
I drove from Norfolk, VA to Rochester, NY did not see one on the road, got a lot of looks when I got to UpState NY people were suprized to see one and quite impressed also.

Gonzo

hagerswami
04-16-2005, 11:27 AM
I still have only seen one other on the road since I got mine March 8 and that was a black one only 1 mile from my home. mssmith56 has one and works about 3 miles from my house and I still haven't tripped over to CitiCorps parking lot and taken a look. Will probably run into him sooner than later. :)

Truckin'
04-24-2005, 06:54 PM
I saw one! I saw one! A black one with nothing on it to distinguish it. (Oops, that probably sounds bad to people who are not adding anything. I just meant I'd like to know if I spot it again that it's the same one I saw before). I couldn't tell for sure if it had dealer plates, though I whipped around the corner to get a better look. It took off before I could catch up to it again.

I came right home and told my husband. It kind of burst his bubble as he wanted to be the first in our town driving one around. Our dealer told us they already sold three, so we're not the first to buy one. We'll have to settle for being the first one with a Blue NAV. Hopefully we'll have it next weekend. The anticipation is killing me.

I was in my Jeep, so there was no point in waving. There are still six that the dealer's had the last three weeks on their lot.

It was fun to see one on the street but it's going to be way more fun to be seeing the world from one. ;) ;)

frbear
04-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Got mine last Wednesday, 4/20 and haven't seen one on the roads here in Michigan.

Octavivs
04-24-2005, 09:17 PM
I've been looking for one and hadn't found one for some time. Of all places, it passed me coming out of my neighborhood entrance.

zero
04-24-2005, 09:37 PM
I saw an Amazon Green one pulling out from the subdivision next to mine. Tally so far, a red one at the parking garage, a silver one at a neighborhood eatery, and the green one today.

Still waiting for mine. . .

Octavivs
04-24-2005, 10:01 PM
I saw an Amazon Green one pulling out from the subdivision next to mine. Tally so far, a red one at the parking garage, a silver one at a neighborhood eatery, and the green one today.

Still waiting for mine. . .

Any idea when your will come in?

zero
04-24-2005, 10:57 PM
The latest info from the dealer (as of Saturday) says tomorrow but I am not holding my breath.

Grok Lobster
04-25-2005, 10:38 AM
I saw one on the road on March 31st, which caused me to go into the dealership on April 1 for a quick look and then again the next day for test ride and purchase. A week later I saw another one right around the corner from my work, but haven't seen either of those or any others since.

RidgeDog
04-25-2005, 06:28 PM
I finally saw my first Ridgeline (other than mine) in my neighbor's (2 doors down) driveway! He saw mine last Sat and kept saying "I really like this". I guess he really did. Anyway, it's black with the roof rack. Too bad he's our association pres and called the cops on my kids 2 days ago. Otherwise, I would go down and look at it.

swampler
04-25-2005, 07:12 PM
I finally saw my first Ridgeline (other than mine) in my neighbor's (2 doors down) driveway! He saw mine last Sat and kept saying "I really like this". I guess he really did. Anyway, it's black with the roof rack. Too bad he's our association pres and called the cops on my kids 2 days ago. Otherwise, I would go down and look at it.
Might be a good way to get on his good side and have him call you instead of the cops next time.

Grok Lobster
04-25-2005, 11:47 PM
RidgeDog - Why do you want to go see that? You have a red one, which I assume is really sweet!

denvrfan
04-26-2005, 11:47 AM
5 1/2 weeks of ownership and I'm still waiting to see another Ridgeline in the wild around central VA. However, I've had two parking lot encounters in the past week with curious onlookers. I love the looks on their faces when I demonstrate the swinging gate and trunk-in-the-bed. Of course, I'm more than willing to stop everything and discuss the RL with them! :D