Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Tents for Ridgeline

107K views 168 replies 81 participants last post by  MarkTw 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I've always admired Napier's products, but given how short the RL's bed is, what would be the purpose? If I stretched out, one end or the other would be close to hanging off the tailgate. Think I'll have to stick with my standalone tent for this one.

#117 ·
We keep a sheet of 3/4" plywood, trimed to fit with the tailgate up, then slide it out beyond the tailgate to support the mattress in the bed of the truck. Keeps the wife up off the ground, so she has no fear of reptiles crawling in to get warm! A bed tent we got at Cabella's has an awning that covers the door. Will probably eventually get the Leer cap, then use a tent designed to back an SUV into.

#3 ·
I just sleep in the trunk, since i cant lock myself out, nor can water get in! LOL! Just take spare tire out and all the other stuff you put in it into the cab area and you have a WATERPROOF mini housing! just kidding, but sounds like a winner! LOL

#5 · (Edited)
beepbill23 said:
I just sleep in the trunk, since i cant lock myself out, nor can water get in! LOL! Just take spare tire out and all the other stuff you put in it into the cab area and you have a WATERPROOF mini housing! just kidding, but sounds like a winner! LOL
Where are you going to keep the beer? Maybe RMS56 is right; use the tent as the upstairs and lanai and the trunk as the wine cellar/beer cooler/hot tub.:p You just might be the most popular guy/gal in the campground!

#10 ·
OUTSTANDING!! I just put in my request as well. That would be perfect for my jaunts to Tuckerman Ravine, NH every spring.

#12 ·
I do not know if I need a tent, but in July I took my son to a mountain bike race with two of his buddies. We had a room at a hotel lined up, but when we got there there was no one around to get us the key. We wound up sleeping in the truck. The boys stayed in the cab, I slept in the bed using a moving blanket to keep warm. I was warm enough , but that is one uncomfortable bed. I am going to keep an air matress with my moving blanket in the future.

#13 ·
I am very interested in a tent for the bed of my rtl so I made my request to napier too.

#14 ·
I just sent my request in, Please notify me if any body heres something from the company. Then we can plan a honda ridgeline camping trip,SOOOO, COOOL THAT WOULD BE.

#16 ·
#19 ·
Well...Napier Enterprises is a company of many words. I just got this email.

"Thank-you for your interest in our products."

Very informative isn't it?:cool:

#22 ·
Hello,Napier customer service just E-mailed me today to tell me that they will foward my reguest, to whom I do not no, but we should keep the pressure on them it seems to be working.

#25 ·
I got the same e-mail response that SnakePythons got, they will forward my request.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.