Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Installed JVC Double Din KW-NT3HDT...

9K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  1engineer 
#1 ·
Mounted my mic for Bluetooth in the upper left of windshield, very sleek. Unit works great, only downside is I can't remove the face because it's so tight in there with the dash kit. FWIW, having a BT unit is the best thing ever, because I can stream my Pandora with no wires from my iPhone 4, and I can pause, play and skip songs from the touchscreen, never even needing to take my phone out of my pocket to sync it or anything, VERY convenient. I don't have the steering controls, by choice really, I can't justify all the extra work and money for a volume control I never really even used to begin with.

I did lose my sub, but plan on installing one soon, just not a must have at the moment...

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice install. Streaming Pandora is a sweet benefit. :)

#3 ·
That is such a clean look compared with the factory HU.

Have you had a chance to test the navi features yet?

#4 ·
Navi works very well. It's pretty hard to miss a turn or on ramp with it, very detailed. The graphics of the maps are pretty janky, looks like a 3rd grader drew them, but they are accurate, very pleased with the way it works in sync with music you're playing, it all works like a symphony, veeery smooth.

#7 ·
Being an old codger I can remember when JVC was overrated. But I hope this is a good sign, I do like the features, slick deck.

#8 ·
JVC having a head unit like this surprised me too. Before I thought Alpine or Pioneer would be the way to go, but after reading endless reviews, people seem to really like this unit for 2010 over almost every other brand, now I can see why, changed my perspective a lot!

Glad you guys like it!

#9 ·
I was at the CES show in Vegas and was told that this unit should be getting another firmware update to enable the latest HD Radio features like "Artist Experience". Basically downloads and show Album Art of the current song from HD Radio stations who have the equipment to do so.

How is the traffic info? Does it update pretty quick?

#12 ·
Timmy your install looks very clean. I am looking at getting the new pioneer avic-x930bt and I want my finished product to look like yours. First of all, what dash kit did you use? Secondly, does anyone have any thoughts on this pioneer unit? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.