Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Guns...yes!!!!guns & The Ridgeline!!!!!

473K views 3K replies 253 participants last post by  CoolBefore 
#1 · (Edited)
I live in Phoenix, Arizona, and we have some fairly conservative gun laws here. You can get a permit to carry a concealed weapon,as long as you can meet certain lawfull qualifications.NOTE: (Recently a new gun carry law was passed (2011) by the State Of Arizona, that if you are 21 years or older you no longer need a permit to carry concealed.) You can carry a weapon in your vehicle, as long as you meet certain qualifications. You can buy a handgun today at a gun store, and if you meet certain DPS qualifications, you can take it home the same day.
The last paragraph is just so you understand the mood in this state for gun ownership. I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who responded to my inquiry regarding the rifle racks. I didn't realize how many gun enthusiasts there were out there. Some people think a gun is a luxury, but now more than ever it is a necessity to own and carry.
I am editing this because I want to thank everyone for all the replys and posts that relate to guns.
There have been over 300,000 views for my post, as of today 12/02/2015. A GUN IS A TOOL, KEEP IT WITH YOU, OR YOU CAN'T USE IT TO PROTECT YOUR SELF OR YOUR FAMILY!
Thanks again..
Vinnie
REMEMBER...IF THE WEAPON ISN'T LOADED, YOU MIGHT AS WELL USE IT AS A HAMMER!!!

Thanks...Vinnie...February 08, 2008
EDITED 07/05/2011

See less See more
Reactions: Glester and Daranch
#1,155 ·
Last year when I went to the texas state fair they took my favorite knife, the jerks.

You were right to carry Mike. As my friends and I were leaving a guy walking alone to his car got mugged and ran to where our group was waiting on the train. The spot wasn't 20 yards from us. No fun, the punks ran away before we walked around the corner.

#1,159 ·
It's official, Glock 19 is now in hand. After a life of rifles, shotguns and archery, I am now fully ready for the zombie apocalypse!

#1,160 ·
Congratulations, carry it in good health. Too bad you're limited to those little 10-round magazines.

btw, is it just me or does it make little sense that in some states you're limited to 5- or 10-round magazines - but there's absolutely no limit on how many of those magazines you're permitted to have in your possession, either singly or attached together for rapid change?

#1,163 ·
I did a complete tapco conversion. The gun is tapco tan with a hogue dark earth mono grip. The tapco pistol grip is uncomfortable imo. Mono grip is much better. I did move the trigger forward. If you are at all versed in disassembling the AK trigger assembly then it is a simple process of just drilling a few rivets. I haven't done the bullet guide yet even though I have all the parts from dinzag arms. Also, I don't think a flash suppressor is worth the pain of pulling the front sight off.

I have it in 7.62x39. It'll eat the cheapest ammo with more reliability than an AR any day.

#1,164 ·
I think I would take a five seven over a 19 any day. that is probably going to be my Christmas present to myself :act035:

#1,171 ·
Very nice!
I really need to take a good long look at the CT Rail Master.

My latest gotta have is the new Rock River Elite Operator 2 AR-15.
I'm having a hard time finding one with the chromed bolt carrier for under $1,000.
I'm also running out of reasons on why I need another gun for Mrs "O". She got all snooty when I asked her why she needed so many pairs of shoes.

I'm going to end up back in sensitivity training classes again............

#1,173 ·
"I'm going to end up back in sensitivity training classes again............"

You are so right! and funny too...I won't even attempt the "how many pairs of shoes question!!

CT has a very high quality rating, I hope it's better than the Stream Light I've repaired twice.

I've also got the sights set on a "lefty AR" like this one...

Hey Elk, If you're ever in the OC. My son and I are platinum members at Field Time and can get you a lane with access to all their rentals as our guest.

#1,176 ·
Here is the left handed version of the Rock River with an Explore Optics 4X Tactical Scope that is calling out my name to take one home.
The pic was taken at our gun range at the ranch when we were sighting in a friends recent purchase of this one.
Yeah, talk about envy.................GUN envy!

Attachments

#1,174 ·
As long as I don't make anything other than complimentary comments about the missus' handbags and shoes (she just bought 2 new pairs of boots and 2 new pairs of "around the house" ballet slippers when we went shopping on Saturday) I'm thinkin' (okay, fervently hoping!) she won't get too difficult to deal with on boy toys (mostly guns and tools). Who knows? It might work! :act029: :act029: :act029:

#1,185 ·
Anybody here done the stock/bull barrel 10/22 conversion? That's been on my to do list forever but I have not gotten around to it.

#1,189 ·
Speaking of clips (oops, magazines) just ordered a couple of 10-round spares for my Marlin 795 and had to pay nearly as much for each ($11.57 at Bud's) as my last quartet of 30-round Magpul PMAG window mags ($11.93 at Slim's)! Really like this little .22 autoloader but wish that someone made a quality 25-round magazine for it as everything that I read about those plastic monstrosities that are out there is pretty horrendous. Great little gun for varmints and plinking, shoots tack-driving straight, seems to be holding zero really well (with a 3-9x40 Leapers mil-dot mounted) and has yet to give me a single problem.

#1,191 · (Edited)
My very first rifle was a Remington 12C .22 pump (with the octagon barrel) that was a hand-me-down from my dad. It had been modified so that it would fire as fast as you could work the slide if you held the trigger down and my friends and I considered it our own personal automatic weapon when we were out plinking or rabbit and squirrel hunting.

#1,221 ·
I wonder if we could mount that in the bed?
I have a friend that's into NFA firearms. He used to have a Vickers machine gun -- when he'd drive it to the range it was in the back of his Jeep Wagoneer, on the tripod pointing backwards and covered by a blanket. Jokingly he used to say that if anyone started tailgating him he'd roll the window down and pull the blanket off the MG :)

Roak

#1,219 ·
Two guns on my "to get list", and I wanted to get some thoughts/opinons: A tactical 22LR and a Desert Eagle.
Buds has a Mossberg 22LR for $230
I've just always wanted a DE. Planned on a 50cal, but a buddy says he likes the 44s better. Prices don't seem to vary that much. I know 50cal ammo is not cheap. Any thoughts?

#1,222 ·
I have an XD 40 subcompact, my buddy has a XD 40 regular, and another with a Glock 40. All are very comfortable to shoot and pretty concealable.

Now my other buddy has a 45, a tactical 12 gauge w/ pistol grip and other stuff, and a USA pf p308 rifle (not sure why he needed that :D)

The compartment under our mid console thing is great for hiding your stuff :D

#1,223 ·
Okay, someone on here seriously needs to talk me out of this. I'm about to pull the trigger on a second gen sig 556R to go along with my AK... Against my better judgement and because of Obama I'm seriously about to impulse buy it...

#1,227 · (Edited)
I used to carry my little 380's (Kel-Tec P3AT or LCP) in a DeSantis Nemesis most of the time, but for a few months now I've been using the Fobus. It is so easy to put it on a belt or simply clip it on the waist band of a pair of shorts under an un-tucked shirt. You can set the tension any way you like. Cheap little rascal, too. About $20.00 or so off Amazon. Also: Love that little P238, crimsonaudio. I have trouble passing it in the gun store. If I could bring myself to carry cocked-and-locked in my pocket it would be real tempting.

#1,228 ·
Stop posting Sigs darn it, you're not helping with my problem crimson. Everything is telling my that sigs recent QC is crap, my P250 actually isn't that great of a pistol, and their rifles are insanely over priced.

I do however love them for some reason and am probably going to dump $1,400.00 on one in the next seven days...

#1,229 ·
It's real easy. I sold my Sig Sauer SP2022 (9mm) and purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P40. It fits in nicely with my M&P15 MOE OR. The only change I made to the M&P15 was the addition of a Timney 3.5lbs trigger.

I went through four recoil spring and one guide rod in 8000 rounds on the SP2022. In the 10,000 rounds I have put through my M&P40, I have had to replace the recoil spring / Guide rod assembly once.

I purchase a Smith & Wesson M&P22 for my sons to learn how to handle a full sized semi-automatic pistol. This pistol is a ton of fun to shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.