Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2015 End for Rodgeline?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  AG87BlkLX 
#1 ·
I was reading last Sunday's newspaper and there was an article by a supposed auto industry expert. He said to look for Honda to drop the CR-Z, Odyssey, and Ridgeline from the 2015 model year. He said this move was meant to clear slower selling models off their product line.

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything like this or was this just one guys opinion?

#2 ·
The Odyssey?? I would be shocked if that happened. The RL - I'm really hoping for a redesign but it seems more and more unlikely IMO. OTOH, folks with more (and better) insider insight say the redesign is going to happen but we just have to be patient. I hope they're right!

#4 ·
I had been hoping for a redesign also, but it isn't looking good. The day before I saw that article I had bought my new RL (2013 Dark Cherry Pearl RTL w/ Nav). I loved my 06 but I really wanted the Nav system. I walked in the show room and was shocked. When I had bought my 06 the Ridgeline was the first thing you saw when you walked in the showroom. This time I walked in and they didn't even have one on display. They had two on the whole lot parked way in back like orphans.

This truck I plan on keeping until I can't drive anymore, so it doesn't matter if they stop making the RL in 2015, but I am amazed it isn't the most popular truck on the road

#5 ·
I would like to know who this "expert" is. No way will Honda drop the Ody. It sells too well and is a top rated van. All minivan sales are down, not just Hondas. The only one I think they might drop is the CR-Z. I really don't think they would drop the RL, they don't sell that many, but they don't make that many either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.