Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Odyssey Rear View Mirror with LCD and Backup Camera in a Ridgeline

17K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  quickshift 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone installed a Honda Odyssey Rearview Mirror with LCD screen and back up camera in their Ridgeline?

I think that it would be an awesome mod. Any thoughts?

Here's a picture of the Mirror, Camera and Harness to the roof.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
We just bought an 09 Pilot and it has the same mirror in it as well. The wife likes it better than the 05 Ody that had a back-up camera connected to the navi.

I was looking at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com to see what the cost would be. The mirror alone (for a Pilot) is $286, and don't know if that includes the camera (I haven't found that part yet).

Probably cheaper to go with an aftermarket...but I bet down the road, someday this will be a feature in the RLs....

#6 ·
I have to agree with meanmachine's wife. We have the '09 Pilot with this option and it is very cool and very convenient. You need to be using the mirror anyway, so it's a more logical place than down in the dash. The wide angle takes some getting used to, but it takes a bit of the worry out of what (who) might be lurking in your blind spot.

The camera unit on the Pilot is very unobtrusive, nothing like that bulge they use for the Ridgeline camera.

#7 ·
I second the rear view camera on the rear view mirror monitor. I was thinking of doing this. I've also, asked my local dealer if they can install it, they said they don't see why not, it should be compatible, but they would not be able to do it do to "its not part of the Ridgeline accessories". Other than that, Please post some pictures and the break down step by step in installing. Also, please break down the cost for everyone to budget. :D ;)

#13 ·
I think that was just a photo of the one from his wife's Ody (my wife's Pilot has the same camera). Check a link I added on a previous thread on where to buy parts. Unknown if it will work in a RL.

#15 ·
I don't think anyone was brave enough to pony up $300 to see if it would work when there were so many other options available for so much less $$$$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.