Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Honda Ridgeline CATALYTIC CONVERTER REPLACEMENT

29K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  sfflyer8 
#1 ·
HAS ANYONE REPLACED THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER on the Ridgeline???

I found a new factory unit for $ 235.00, and a walker for $244.00 at Adv. Auto Parts.

Thanks RW

#4 · (Edited)
Very common problem. In my state we have inspection each year and won"t pass if check engine light is on. Second one is the problem $800 fix? My 01 Accord has check engine light on and dealer told me it also a common problem that manifold needs to be drilled out as it is plugged. Honda is great product but they may have some problems with emission design.

#7 ·
I may be mistaken but you still might be covered under the federal required emissions warranty, which covers things like catalytic converters for 8 years or 150k. Check with your dealership to see if your covered.

Reactions: PaulDickey
#8 · (Edited)
Rusty, I believe the warranty runs to 8 yrs/80k miles.

At least that's what my 2008 Warranty book says.

#9 ·
I had my catalytic converter replaced in mid December as well. Now I am having the rear catalytic converter replaced today!

So i know well, something else to consider is that this vehicle is a "Vaughn vehicle," meaning that it has been proven the odometer is inaccurate by a minimum of 5%. Important for me because the check engine lights came on at around 83-84k. Faulkner Honda said its covered no problem and even if it was outside the 5% they would appeal it to Honda.

Hope all went well with your replacement, hope all goes well with mine today...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.