Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

What is Service Due Soon B1?

99K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Joop 
#1 ·
This just started last night.

Is this just a Normal Maint reminder to bring your vehicle in to Honda. If so how do I disable it? I only have 8K on the clock. My truck needs nothing more than gas and an oil/filter change at this point.

#5 ·
Does the manual state how to reset the notification?
If maintenance service is done by someone other than your dealer, reset the maintenance minder as follows:

1. Press the SELECT button repeatedly until the engine oil life display or the service message is displayed.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.

3. Press the RESET button for about 10 seconds. You will see a ‘‘MAINT RESET’’ message.

4. Select the appropriate answer, ‘‘MAINT RESET N’’ (NO) or ‘‘MAINT RESET Y’’ (YES) by pressing the SELECT button. ‘‘ N’’ or ‘‘ Y’’ is displayed on the
outside temperature display.

5. Select the ‘‘MAINT RESET Y’’ (YES), and press and hold the RESET button again to reset the engine oil life to ‘‘100.’’

#4 ·
I don't have the info in front of me, but it is in you owners manual or you can find it here by using the search, us the google one at the bottom of the drop down window.

#7 ·
The reset procedure is on page 242 of my 2008 OM. It should be close to that in yours.

#8 ·
And (because it needs to be said) don't reset it unless and until it's actually been done. You can advance the display beyond the maintenance minder screen with the select button. That will also put out the yellow wrench light; unless your oil "% life remaining" level drops below 0. Then, the yellow light stays on, and the MM starts keep track of how many miles you've driven since that point.

You're doing well with an 8K change interval; the MM keeps track of how you drive your RL and makes its recommendations accordingly. Hard driving also drives down the % life.

#9 ·
Learned something again.... (-:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.