Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Odd Parts Counter Questions

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Ourfarm09 
#1 ·
I stopped by the Honda dealer today for a gallon of VTM4 fluid and crush washers. First question....Pilot? Nope, Ridgeline. (Does it matter?) Next, is it a 4WD? (Aren't all Ridgelines 4WD?) Isn't that what VTM4 fluid is for? 4WD's? Just thought those were some humorous, uneeded questions. Know your products...

#2 ·
Wow. :act018:

By any chance did you ask them about fluid for the transfer assembly? Wonder what they would give you for that? (hint, the Pilot 4wd/AWD from 2003-2005 had the TA integral with the tranny and it used Z1 for lube... but from 2006 and on, it is separate and uses hypoid gear oil).

#4 ·
Puzzling. The questions have no bearing on the fluid needed. Or maybe she/he was just being conversational. ;)

#7 ·
Should have asked them for a bottle of brake light fluid, a set of muffler bearings, and see if they had any deals going on piston return springs. :act024:

#8 ·
This parts counter was it at a esclusive Honda dealer (that's all they sell are Honda) or at a multi-vehicle dealer? (sells other makes new as well)
I've noticed the guys that sell just Honda's have limited questions and wrong parts issues than the other kind of dealer. MTC

#9 ·
I suspect they are just filling in data on a computer screen, as these are the same questions I've seen on many pages. I just bought a plastic cap that goes over the screw at the end of the plastic trim on the sides of the bed. Although the caps are not side dependent, they needed to know if it was for the passenger side or drivers side. This was at a Honda exclusive dealership.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#10 ·
That's about how all parts departments and store run. You would be surprised at home many parts counter workers really know anything about cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.