Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2006 RTS vs RTL

20K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Tony999 
#1 ·
Okay so it's a newbie question but I can't seem to find the answer. What's the difference other than leather between a 2006 RTS and a 2006 RTL?

I've been trying to join the club for a while now but can't find a RTL in black with lower miles. The dealer seems to get in quite a few RTS's that would fit perfect. I'm thinking of giving up the leather but was wondering if I will be missing anything else. The fabric seems nicer than most other cars and looks like it will hold up well. I did see a few issues with the foam during my searching here.

In example... I just missed getting a 2006 black RTL with 45k miles for $20k. Now they have a silver RTS with 14k miles for $21k. The dealer figured he could find me a similar RTS in black. I would be willing to give up the leather for the less miles.

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
having spent 2 months investagating Ridgleines It was even more apparent once I test drove just one RTS compared to an RTL. The RTL wins hands down in my opinion. And yes the heated seats are just the perfect inhancment if you have winter where you live.

Joe.

#4 ·
For 2006, the RTL came in two versions: with and without sunroof. Navi is also offered only on the RTL. Lessee... you get heated side mirrors on the RTL. Heated leather seats, you already know. I believe these are the main differences between the RTS and RTL.

I'm sure someone will chime in with anything I've missed.

#7 ·
Speedlever is right, the 2006 RTL was available with and without a sunroof. All RTL's 2007 to current all come with a SR and XM.

The RTL also has the leather wrapped steering wheel, rearview mirror compass(without navi), factory installed XM with SR, driver's seat power lumbar, MP3auxiliary input jack with navi.

#5 ·
Oh ya, heated seats! I forgot about that option. Those are a nice option up here in the frozen tundra. Heated mirrors are pretty handy too.

I guess I could go to an RTS then if the price was right. Between those options or 30k less miles for about the same price it's hard to justify the RTL. Plus I can always have after market heated seats added.

Thanks so much for the input! Hopefully I'll be joining the owners club soon.

Scott

#8 ·
Hopefully I'll be joining the owners club soon.

Scott
You've already joined the club! Owning an RL is not a prerequisite....but I know where you're coming from...but welcome to the ROC. And, good luck with your search!! :D

#6 ·
IMO, you don't need heated seats with cloth. But with leather, most definitely!

OTOH, leather is much easier to clean.

#9 ·
This is how i look at it

RTS = No Options

RTL = So may options....

#11 ·
Wow, these things are like gold!

On my way home last night I saw the silver one just put out that day at the dealer. Tonight after work I went there to check it out. It's sold. It's just a small used car dealer with about a 20 cars or so. They have had 4 Ridgelines in the last few weeks and they all sold within a day.

The good news is I think I have a lead on a brand spanking new black 2008 RTL with nav. I don't really want to spend the money for a new one. However, I'm thinking I might be able to get a good deal on it if it's really a left over 2008.

Thanks again for the help! :D

#12 ·
Just signed the paper work tonight on a 2006 RTL in silver. A bit more than I wanted to spend but it still seemed like a good deal. Has moonroof, nav and rear seat dvd that I didn't really need. Should be able to pick it up Friday or Saturday.

Cool, now I can get rid of that "*Not a Ridgeline owner " by my user name! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.