Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

location for key?

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  rollinhonda 
#1 ·
Where is a good location to hide a key underneath the ridgeline?

#2 ·
uh, why lol? The RL doesn't really have a very good place under the truck. You could slide it under the tailgate. That is pretty much hidden unless someone knows how to get it to swing out.

#3 · (Edited)
Behind one of the spokes on a wheel.
One thing I really liked about my old ford was the combination key pad on the door.

When you are going surfing, carrying your key is not a good idea.
I've heard of people useing those lock boxs such as the ones realtors put on houses.

If you are intending to leave it in the hiddy whole while driving, I'd consider a magnet box just under the hood near the wipers. If it came loose you might notice it before it gets lost.

#10 ·
I got a hitch safe now, but think i want to install a big step to protect the rear end when backing up. It is hard to judge the distance when backing up.

I know about back up cameras, but it seems a pita to run the wiring.

#11 ·
Agree with you on the backing up thing Jimmy. That's why I LOVE my Hitchscan wireless device. ;)

Of course that won't help you out unless you install the wiring harness to complete your 2009 RT tow package to provide power for the wireless sensors. Still irritates me that Honda cheaped out by installing a hitch but leaving out the wiring harness for the RT and Sport models. I think completing the wiring but leaving off the hitch would make more sense.

Sigh.

#12 ·
Re: location for key? FOUND A REALLY GOOD SPOT.

I found a good spot beneath the truck for my key hide out.

I bought the harbor freight step and installed it in the receiver, costs around 28.00 with my 20 percent off coupon. It acts as a step and a back bumper protector. Works for me.

#14 ·
LOL! Too much information!
The safest place for a key is far away as practical from where it is normally used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.