Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Tonneau Covers

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  pwridgeline 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I've been all over the forum looking at different covers, I'm hoping to bring a lot of the information together in this thread and maybe update. The #1 thing I'm trying to track down is the best cover in terms of waterproof capabilities! So let the information start flowing!

#3 ·
It all depends on how you plan to use it and under what conditions. I have an Extang Trifecta Signature,. It is a soft cover but a very strong frame and has proven to be a champ in any weather but I don't need to worry much about powerful hailstorms.
A hard cover might be better under those conditions, especially if you rarely garage your truck.
Hard, soft, or retractable, all the major brands are used by forums members, and most are very happy with their purchase. You can pick any brand and do a search and find enough info to keep you reading well until the early morning.

#7 ·
I too have the Extang tri-fold soft top and 3 winters later, still looks fantastick!

The one really convenient thing a sof top, is you can remove it in under a minute to load the truck, and if your on the road, it will easily fit in your back seat.!

No regrets!

#4 ·
I can only voice my experience. When I bought my truck, it had the rails already installed for the OE tonneau. With much effort, I actually found a used OE tonneau, installed it. I like it. BUT IT IS NOT WATER TIGHT!!! I would have gone a different route if I had the choice.

#6 ·
I don't think any of them are completely water tight so don't look for that option. Rollinhonda is right on the money. There are different applications for different uses. I did hear some horror stories about one of the alluminum covers denting fairly easily so I would stay away from that one.
Good luck!

#10 ·
I have the Extang - Solid Fold... i love it ---$$$ is a around 780,00... its a hard top .. folds back twice... its sold as hell... not sure of the weight specs as far as what you can put on top of it if needed,,,, but im sure i a couple hundred pounds or something ... easy install... 95 % water proof, only leaks in slightly around the back corners.. but i was also sent some special foam pads from the manufacturer which should seal up a bit more... looks great... i will attach photos... i even just installed a POP N LOCK this weekend.... now its a secure storage area underneith too ...

Attachments

#11 ·
I installed the BakFlip this weekend.... CRAZY fast and easy to do! I will say, I have 4 self tapping screws left that I have no clue where they go... can anyone give me some input about what's going on here?!?! There is nothing in the instructions about what to do with these little suckers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.