Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Windows not going up together (2012!)

948 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  PhotoMaster 
#1 ·
2012 RTL Navi w 6K Mi

It only bothers me because the thing isn't even a year old yet. :act047: which makes me think its only the first symptom of something much larger and more sinister going on. Hopefully someone else has had this problem and can fill me in with what might be causing it.

When I try to put up two or more windows at the same time, one of em doesn't. If I do them one at a time, they work every time. If I momentarily pause the passenger switch after triggering the auto on the driver's it will go up while the driver's is going up. It makes me think its low control voltage going to the switch panel but who the hell knows in this digital age.

The worst thing is that its entirely inconsistent. It doesn't happen every time but at least once or twice a day during normal use. It's not getting any worse or better but its not going away. It started the first time it got real cold out.

I'm not afraid to take it back to the Dlr but I really want some idea what's going on to make suggestions to them as far as what to look for. Being an ex oil jerk, I know how techs react to intermittent issues "couldn't reproduce", call em back, break time.

Anyone had something like this happen?

See less See more
#3 ·
I feel like the battery can be eliminated due to the fact that it happens while the engine is running and that the power supply in general is fine since if I start them a split second after eachother they work fine. Its like the dip in voltage supplied to the switch box wile one is being triggered is too low. Or maybe the BCM (assuming thats what is in charge of the windows) is hypo sencitive.

Cumon guys, I cant be the first guy in history to have this issue!

#4 ·
Could be it might be rare issue just like when I purchased my 1994 Accord it was one of the first bunch to hit the dealerships in a redesigned year. The drivers side power window regulator was bad in this bunch. Honda had issued a bulletin to it's dealerships & service departments that week. They said to roll the window up & down at least 10 times. Do to rain most of the first week I had mine the window was up & I use A/C most of the time as it was still summer when I got that car. I rolled the window down that night to alert some woman her lights were not on at midnight & may window would not go up. I did not drive my car the next day & it was in my garage. I was the first person at the dealership that Monday mourning & they had just got the bulletin when they came in that mourning.
Take it back to dealership service so they can check/fix the issue & document the problem. I had the issue with my 2000 TL brake warning light took 4 times for the dealer to get fix. The car was out of warranty by years when the final fix was done. Because it was documented it was covered just a simple brake fluid cap. The problem would happen every year & a half & the last time most have got correctly fixed car will be 13yrs old at the end of Dec.

#6 ·
I can't duplicate the problem on my 2012, but agree with the above comment that you need to get it back to the dealer for both repair and more importantly document the issue. Honda stood by a power door lock problem on a relative's 2005 Civic 2 years into ownership that had the problem occur again after the B2B warranty expired and Honda fixed it again at no cost. The 2nd repair did the trick through the following 3 years and into the dealer for trade when the car was 5 years old and running like a top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.