Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Tent for bed of truck---

39K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  bmwproboi05 
#1 ·
A while back, it was asked about a camping tent for the bed. Not really sure how practical that idea is with a 5 foot bed - about 6 1/2 feet with tailgate down. Was looking through a Cabela's magazine and noticed they have the "Adventure 1 Truck Tent" available in three sizes and the small size-short bed might work. It lists for $219.99 and is part number 51-6446. They don't give actual dimensions so don't know if it will really fit. Just thought I would mention it for anyone interested.
Pete
Will be an RTS owner this Friday!!!! :D

#2 ·
Well - I goofed. It has no floor and achieves it's waterproofing by wrapping over the sides of the box. Since the RL has no front gap between the cab and box, it does not look like it would work. Thought it would be perfect for short trips. Dang.
Pete

#3 ·
#4 ·
Hmm interesting stuff. Do the straps on the side scratch up the paint of the truck? Would you recommend towels or something else to reduce friction between the straps and the paint? Scratching the bed up is one thing... scratching paint is something else entirely.

#6 ·
I to have slept in the back of mine, in the seat, and gave up trying. It has to windy to set up a big tent and this is why I look for an in-bed set up. I have emailed both napier and Honda. Napier has an GM Avalanche version, but it is to long for the Ridgeline and the hook up is different. I am sure a McGiver could modify it.

#9 ·
Well - here in Louisiana, you are asking to be eaten alive during the night while in a tent on the ground!! The fire ants are absolutly relentless in their search for raw meat. Never have figured out how the cows manage to lay down and sleep here. This was never a problem when living in Michigan or traveling in most places in the US but sure learned fast after moving down South. Can't even walk in the grass with bare feet.
Pete

#12 · (Edited)
A quick Google search yielded this. It should be the perfect size with tailgate down. No cab pass-through but with the domed roof it should not interfear with rear bed pillar. A couple of bungee cords to the bed tie down and this cheap little tent should do just fine - so long as it doesn't rain.

I ordered one $22.94 delivered to my door. I will let you guys know how it works and post pics.

2 Person Camping Tent (4.5x6.5 Ft.)

http://www.softwareoutlet.com/Merch...&Category_Code=COOLSTUFF-011&Product_Count=10

Should fit perfect and cheap! $14.99 plus shipping

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.