Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2010 ridgeline stuck in park

8K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  JRS 
#1 ·
My ridgeline is stuck in park. It was working great, then I got out for a minute an now it won't go out of park. Also there is no power to the windows now. Help please

#3 ·
Look in your OM for Shift Lock Release. It's on page 205 of my 2008 OM.

That's a temp fix. Then you need to find out why the lock is not being released normally.

#5 ·
In the top of the steering column is a small slot for the ignition key. Put the key in there and you can shift gears manually. But, yes, a faulty battery can cause any number of strange symptoms due to computer malfunction.[/QUOTE

Battery has been down once on my 08; looked like the 4th of July with all the lights blinking and flashing. Steering wheel was locked. Did the unlock with they key as you mentioned, pushed it close to a power receptacle so I could charge the battery. No problems since.

#6 · (Edited)
Well, as others have said, a weak, discharged or dead battery can do some very odd things. When mine went dead, due to a failing alternator the lights, audio and electronics in general did all sorts of strange things. But my shifter never locked itself into park. Not to say that it could/would not have.
My suggestion(s) to the OP are;
Use the method mentioned above to get the truck into neutral, start the truck - if it will - go as quickly, via the shortest route, as you can to somewhere that the battery can be charged.
Then, while the battery is charging, check that there are no blown fuses either in the cab or under the hood.
Once the battery is fully charged take the truck and have the charging system checked and the battery load tested.
Repair or replace parts as indicated by the testing.
Or, if the truck is still under warranty, take it to the dealer for them to evaluate/repair.

Edit: Also, you should post this under the "problems & issues" section of the fourm rather than the site problems section. On the other hand, you seem to be getting quite a bit of help with it where it's at so maybe not, IDK...

In any case, Good Luck

#7 ·
Thread moved to Problems & Issues. (good catch Dave!)

#9 ·
Also, being a 2010 model, it may well still be under the 3 year B2B warranty.

OTOH, I note the OP has not yet been back to check his thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.