Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgeline a pickup with car-like abilities [1.2.9]

11K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Alex321abc 
#1 ·
Southern California and Northern Quebec -- two locales that have little in common except where Honda and I are concerned.

The first is where I drove a Honda Ridgeline in 2005 and the second is where I got into a 2009 model to revisit what's probably the quirkiest truck in the Canadian market. And I mean this as a compliment to a company that is now best known for its Civic yet started as a motorcycle company and still figures it can build a truck.

For that matter, Honda also builds ATVs, outboard motors, generators, snow blowers, watercraft, even rototillers -- I know many Honda owners who swear these gadgets are the best.

In fact, the company counted on these loyalists to make a leap of faith when it introduced the Ridgeline. Well, they did and, since then, the Ridgeline has carved out a small but decent niche for itself (sales have averaged 4,200 units annually since its launch).

I was thinking about all this as I headed north into the Laurentians through a driving snow with the 2009 Ridgeline to a test site in Quebec to ride Honda's newest all-terrain-vehicle -- Big Red.
Click to read the entire review from The Star Phoenix

#2 ·
Thanks for this review, TMac. It's always seemed that the only thing missing in Ridgeline reporting is some reporter actually driving it. And when they do, it always gets glowing reviews. DUH!!

#3 ·
I used to think Honda made some great motorcycles, until I rode the Ossa Pioneer. The Ossa is an incredible bike, and anyone can look like an expert off-road rider on one. The hardest thing is not falling off the bike when looking to see if the wheels are really going over the ridges you see.

Here's a review by someone paid to sell newspapers. I refuse to be sucked in, so I won't click on the link to generate traffic to that site. If the writer really wanted me to read the review, he should've posted it here.

#6 ·
That seems to be the case with so many Honda vehicles these days. Many make snap judgements based on the vehicles looks...a great example also is the Crosstour. Ridgeline and Crosstour are both quirky-looking vehicles but once a person gets behind the wheel they change their mind completely. The ride, handling, quality, etc....are all better than most of the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.