How about the sand - Page 7 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Activities > Off-Roading

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #61
Jet Pack
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 *Not a Ridgeline Owner
Other

Re: How about the sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robalero View Post
Funny though, I saw nothing on my dash to tell me it was hitting AWD.
And you never will!
Every time you start off from a dead stop the R/L is in 4WD/AWD. As you reach a constant speed, the AWD disengages. There is no indicator to let you know when this happens.
Jet Pack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #62
Robalero
ROC Rank: Freshman
2011 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Thanks Jet! Learned something new today. I do have my tire deflater and detailed instructions should I get stuck, but it hasn't happened yet. I absolutely love my R
Old 06-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #63
suspect

I have never had to pull the fuse or had any problems at all. We go out on the beach just about every weekend during the summer and as of yet have not had any problems...
suspect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #64
casperinmd
2006 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

You know...I read the first couple of posts and got worried about the beach. I bought..err am buying after I get back from a business trip next week, my first RTL. I am very very excited, my wife said I have a "glo" about me After a few years of the OBX with another family, I said last year that before our 2009 trip, I was getting me a 4 door 4x4. Well I decided on the RTL but even before coming here. I found this site from googling rtl vs rts and have been stuck here since.

Glad to see I won't have problems with the sand, I see many people get stuck when we are walking to the shore and I sort of laugh to myself and want to be sure I am not laughed at!

I do plan to lower the air pressure to 15psi I think and pull the fuse just in case, figure safer than sorry til I get used to it eh? I do have a long tow chain, maybe I will through that in for good measure, is there a good spot in teh front for tow chains without jacking up the bumper incase I need to beg someone in a monster 4x4 to help?

What if I do get stuck with low pressure and the fuse pulled, do you simple play the gun it backwards then forward over and over til I get moving in one direction safely?
casperinmd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #65
Gone2Baja
Billet Silver / Gray

I just came home from Mexico, I drove from El Glofo to Rocky point I have BFG all trains that I aired down to 14psi I had know problems. I only had to lock it up once otherwise I just floated over the sand. Great truck!
Gone2Baja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #66
DogBoneRTL
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Send a message via Yahoo to DogBoneRTL

With Dune Grapplers, I own the sand!

2007 Steel Blue Honda Ridgeline RTL
w/Navi., 8% tint, Truxxx lift kit,8.5x20 +38mm Cruiser Alloy Blakhawk wheels, Nitto Dune Grapplers 285/50-20, Black SteelCraft Bull Bar, OEM Roof Rack, Surco Safari Basket, 2 540 PIAA driving lights, 4 Eagel Eye 130w spot lights, 6000k Bi-Xenon HID lights, AEM Intake, Helix Power Tower TB Spacer, Cat Delete, Gibson Exhaust w/ Glass Pack Resonator...

2007 Honda CBR1000RR
DogBoneRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 05:15 AM   #67
NICKDAWG83
2008 RT
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Send a message via AIM to NICKDAWG83

Why would you ever have to pull out the VSA fuse, thats why there is a button to disengage it.

"Power adders coming soon"
NICKDAWG83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 05:53 AM   #68
r-squared
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Steel Blue Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKDAWG83 View Post
Why would you ever have to pull out the VSA fuse, thats why there is a button to disengage it.
Its all here, when you air the tires down, the tire pressure monitors tell the truck not to let you turn VSA off, so that button does you no good.
r-squared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #69
DogBoneRTL
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Send a message via Yahoo to DogBoneRTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-squared View Post
Its all here, when you air the tires down, the tire pressure monitors tell the truck not to let you turn VSA off, so that button does you no good.
Plus even with the wheels not deflated the system will reengage when it detects excessive wheel spin. Say your going through a big muddy area and your wheels are constantly spinning the system will engage itself.

2007 Steel Blue Honda Ridgeline RTL
w/Navi., 8% tint, Truxxx lift kit,8.5x20 +38mm Cruiser Alloy Blakhawk wheels, Nitto Dune Grapplers 285/50-20, Black SteelCraft Bull Bar, OEM Roof Rack, Surco Safari Basket, 2 540 PIAA driving lights, 4 Eagel Eye 130w spot lights, 6000k Bi-Xenon HID lights, AEM Intake, Helix Power Tower TB Spacer, Cat Delete, Gibson Exhaust w/ Glass Pack Resonator...

2007 Honda CBR1000RR
DogBoneRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Activities > Off-Roading

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.