problem with rnl tonneau cover - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC specials from our Sponsors & Advertisers > Roll-N-Lock Retractable Hard Tonneau Cover

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #11
Cover Connoisseur
ROC Rank: Freshman

Re: problem with rnl tonneau cover

Snoope:

Thanks for the account of your experiance with our product. We're glad to hear that you are enjoying it.

As for maintainence, its really pretty simple...

1. Wash the ROLL•N•LOCK® cover with soapy water (non-detergent).
After rinsing it off with clean water and allowing it to thoroughly dry,
make sure you apply the vinyl protectant provided (303) to the vinyl surface
and track runners.

2. Periodically check the housing and drain tubes for any debris,
making sure to remove anything that could cause the drains to
become blocked. Before lifting the housing lid, make sure the
cover is closed and latched to the tailgate lock-strip.

3. Periodically treat the track runners with a light application of the vinyl
protectant provided (again, 303). NEVER use any type of grease, graphite, WD-40, or other petroleum derivative.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Dan
Cover Connoisseur is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
j2k99
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2008 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noswod View Post
j2k99,

How has the RNL tonneau cover held up over the years? I am from Ontario as well and have concerns about the ice & salt and how the cover is standing the test of time in the Ontario winters.

Thanks,
sorry, i guess i'm about a year late in responding.

the rnl cover to this day still works great! i've finally started spraying a rusk check interior panel lube on the locking mechanism and hinges underneath before the winter arrives and so far it seems to open much better than without the spray. They still freeze especially when water such as rain, after a car wash, melted snow refreeze, but can manage to turn the lock much better now since the rust check spray (still need to use a little bit of muscle).

I'm approaching my 4th year now since installation of the rnl cover and i haven't had any major problems except the freezing and black screws are rusting. I always try to really clean the cover during the summer and lube/spray the tracks just to keep it smooth.

Overall, I'm very impressed and satisfied with this cover. The downfalls I do have is the loss of height space between the bed and cover and also the opening of the back trunk as it is limited due to the frame of the rnl cover; and the freezing. I guess though it's the nature of the design.

Note to the manufacturers: not sure if this will help with the freezing, but perhaps those 'link bars' underneath can be covered in any way with some sort of insulation. They are just too bare to hold up in any winters.

Thanks!
j2k99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
snoope
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RT
Billet Silver / Gray

Dan,

Thank you for the PM tips ..

If this mild winter stays the Ridge will probably stay "south" until mid-spring so no worries on the "salt" effect...
snoope is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC specials from our Sponsors & Advertisers > Roll-N-Lock Retractable Hard Tonneau Cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.