Bakflip Fibermax - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC specials from our Sponsors & Advertisers > AutoCustoms.com

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
SouthernRL
ROC Rank: Freshman
2012 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Bakflip Fibermax

I see bakflip has a new cover called the Fibermax. Could you expand on the differences between it and the F1?
Trying to decide if the F1 is just overkill, because they look similar.
SouthernRL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: 9k Comma Club
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Re: Bakflip Fibermax

Should provide a link.. if it's that new I'm sure very few of us even know about it.

Honda North, Clovis CA Sales 4 Service 3.5
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Elkhunter
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2007 RTS
Aberdeen Green Metallic

The OP is talking about this one....

http://etonneaucover.com/p-308-bakfl...l2=&submodel3=

Full Size Spare, USA-Spec iPod adaptor, Westin powdercoated sidesteps, OEM tow hitch & harness, 2009 camera handle, Back-up camera, 3.6-inch Boyo Monitor (with second camera on rear of teardrop trailer), Trunk carpet, Trunk dividers, Billet Grill, Infinity Reference 1031t Tweeters, Full-time power to front and rear 12V outlets, Fumoto oil drain valve, FIGS G2 hood prop kit. Rhino 360B Hitch step, Rear Splashguards, 255/65/17 MS2's
Elkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
SouthernRL
2012 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Looks like it's made of FPR just like the top of the line F1. Also has a better drainage system and improved hinge system over the older designs.
Why would you buy a F1 over the Fibermax if it has the same materials and improved features?
And it's $100.00 less.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Seamonkeyminer
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

I am definitely interested in more details of the cover been looking for one for a while. Also that you are able to completely remove cover quickly which is nice if you don't have it on all the time.

Last edited by Seamonkeyminer; 02-24-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Seamonkeyminer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
SouthernRL
2012 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Sea Monkey,

My research and phone calls to Bak Industries seem to lead me to purchase the Fibermax. The FRP will be cool to the touch like the F1, but not as heavy duty as the F1. The Bak representative I spoke with recommend the F1 if your going to be using your cover several times a day and for construction type applications. For my use, I will maybe open my cover maybe once or twice a week, so I bought the Fibermax. He also explained that the Fibermax has the top of a F1 and the bottom of the G2 for lightness.
I think the Fibermax is positioned in front of the HD and behind the F1. It also is the first Bak trifold cover to receive some design improvements like improved drainage due to flush mounted hinges, beefed up rubber bumpers, upgraded latch system.
I'll let you know how I like my cover when it comes in.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Seamonkeyminer
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

SouthernRL thanks for the info. I see opening a couple times a week nothing crazy so sounds like the fibermax is the way to go. Interested to hear your opinion on it when you get it in then will probably order one. Thanks.
Seamonkeyminer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
SouthernRL
2012 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Ok, my Bakflip Fibermax arrived Friday and I installed a bedrug and cover that evening. The Bedrug was a bitch to install. Took about two hours, but it turned out great. The Fibermax cover arrived packaged like it would survive a nuclear bomb with all the parts intact. The cover was a breeze to install following the instructions included. The only thing I added was to fill the holes around where the screws were with black silicone to ensure no water would penetrate inside the walls of the bed.
This is a heavy duty cover. Two things that surprised me though. One, the cover is shiny on the top. I would prefer a more matte finish to match the rest of the trim on the RL. Maybe it will dull over time. Secondly, two of the self tapping screws that hold the panels together fell out in the bed during installation. The problem looked to be where they were over torqued and stripped from the factory. Not a too big of deal because there are several screws holding each side of the panels together. However, a high end cover costing close to $1000.00 should not have these issues. I plan to call Bak Monday and see if there is a simple fix for these stripped screws.
Stripped screws aside, it was a good purchase. I'll let you know how Bak responds to the screw issue.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
SouthernRL
2012 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Just to follow up, Bak sent me a assortment of screws to fix the stripped ones and fixed the problem.
Good customer service.
Very happy with my Bak cover.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
jnewton
2010 RTL
Bali Blue Pearl

I just installed the Fibremax on my 2010 Ridgeline. Looks pretty good but I get leaks in the corners by the glass window. Have you run into that same issue ?
Jeff
jnewton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC specials from our Sponsors & Advertisers > AutoCustoms.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.