Oxy Power Out Upholstery Cleaner - Seat Stains - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Washing / Waxing / Detailing

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
iakona55
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTS
White / Beige

Question Oxy Power Out Upholstery Cleaner - Seat Stains

New owner, same story with regard to some light water stains. Been using the search and started looking for a solution. I found this Turtle Wax cleaner online. Check out the "From Fans Like You" video on the bottom right. Anyone tried this sucker with their seat stains? I am going to give this thing a shot and then do the Scotch Guard if it works!

http://www.turtlewax.com/detail-Oxy%...ner-43-57.aspx

Last edited by iakona55; 09-23-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Yes
iakona55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
quickshift
ROC Rank: Junior
2008 LX
White/Grey

Re: Oxy Power Out Upholstery Cleaner - Seat Stains

Yes I used it. I would suggest that you just let it sit for about 2-3 mins WITHOUT scrubbing as directed. I had a severe coffee stain and tried repeatedly to remove it as directed and it never totally came clean. What I ended up doing was letting it foam the stain it up until you could see the foam take on the color of coffee...then blot it up. The stain never came out completely, but it was much better than before (even after it was professionally detailed). Obviously it has to be done a few more times, but looks better than when I started.
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
TRacer
2007 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

I tried it too-- stained my center armrest worse. From a stain standpoint I hate the interior of this truck.
TRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
quickshift
2008 LX
White/Grey

I'm seriously considering some professional upholstery repair/replacement in upgrading the center sections of the seats with a different kind of fabric insert for the same reasons.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
iakona55
2007 RTS
White / Beige

I actually tried it and it worked pretty well. I did the ScotchGuard 3 times. My seats are exactly like the ones below (Not my Truck) so they don't look bad like the other seats posted above. I guess I was lucky to get the dark interior.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
Jimmyglendale
2009 RT
Billet Silver Metallic

Send a message via ICQ to Jimmyglendale

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickshift View Post
I'm seriously considering some professional upholstery repair/replacement in upgrading the center sections of the seats with a different kind of fabric insert for the same reasons.
I'm considering the same thing, maybe inserting the seats in black vinyl, giving them a tu-tone look. Only had mine 2 days, it had the seat spots in it at the honda dealer, guess they couldn't remove them, 09 only had 14k miles on it.
Jimmyglendale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
noreserve
2006 RT
Steel Blue Metallic

I used the Turtlewax Oxy upholstery cleaner this weekend. I really didn't have much in the way of stains - just wanted to do a general upholstery clean. I had a number of spots afterward - looks like crap.

The fabric on the RL seats, door and center console armrests is a disaster to keep clean. Every kind of stain or liquid leaves a mark and then is very tough to remove. The fabric on the armrests isn't wearing well either. Really wish I had leather in this thing just to avoid that kind of cleaning hassle that this cloth presents.

I do note that in the past, I have been able to remove spots/stains with Lifter 1 where other cleaners would fail. That stuff is for spot removal only - has a pretty strong chemical smell and is not designed for general upholstery. But for carpet/seat fabric stains, it's the best I've found over the years. If you can use it prior to another less effective cleaner, it will work even better. It gets out some crazy stains.

Usually the oxy stuff of any brand is pretty good, but I need to find something that won't leave the spots on the seats to use as a general overall cleaner. I'll try another brand and report back.
noreserve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
jonesbb630
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2014 SE
Crystal Black Pearl

I've done mine with Oxy Magic by Armour All. Worked for me but was not stained too bad. If I was planning on keeping my Rl for a long time, I would seriously consider after market leather seat kits. Or maybe the Clazzio seat covers. I've seen aftermarket leather seat kits that look better quality than OEM.
Honda Snowblower, Honda Lawnmower.
jonesbb630 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
bluffcountry
2007 RT
Billet Silver Metallic

This is what I used as well for a few 'minor' stains on my RL and it seemed to work just fine. The stains were nothing too bad, but for the maintenance cleaning, it worked like it should.
bluffcountry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
carsareart
2010 RT
Polished Metal Metallic

I have been using Tuff Stuff and a shop vac to pull it out after a quick scrub.
carsareart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Washing / Waxing / Detailing

Tags
clean , cleaner , scotch guard , stain , stains

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.