Tailgate swing mode inop 08-011 - Page 6 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Recalls, TSB's and Notices

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #51
Heinrich
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Re: Tailgate swing mode inop 08-011

I have this issue, ocassionally, with my 06 Ridgeline. Typically just by dropping the talegate and then putting it back up then allows the swing mechanism to then work. However it is getting annoying and who knows if this fix will work forever.

I cannot locate the TSB you guys mentioned or find it anywhere. Could someone post a link to the TSB or email it to me so I can know what to do to fix it?

Thank for your help!
Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #52
nhridge1
ROC Rank: Junior
2010 RTS
Bali Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrich View Post
I have this issue, ocassionally, with my 06 Ridgeline. Typically just by dropping the talegate and then putting it back up then allows the swing mechanism to then work. However it is getting annoying and who knows if this fix will work forever.

I cannot locate the TSB you guys mentioned or find it anywhere. Could someone post a link to the TSB or email it to me so I can know what to do to fix it?

Thank for your help!
Not sure if this is the TSB you are referring to:
http://www.allworldauto.com/tsbs/NHT...in_238860.html

One of the sites that I found while searching. It's rather amazing how difficult it is to access full text TSB's. I suspect if you are unable to access it online you might need to go to your dealer. Good luck.

And to find all of the TSB's for 2006, search by vehicle.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/tsbsearch.cfm

Last edited by nhridge1; 01-19-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added additional weblink, tried to fix it.
nhridge1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #53
stevivon
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTX
Formal Black

I had trouble with my tailgate opening in swing mode, applied white lithium grease and my troubles are gone. I don't know whats in it but it works.
stevivon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #54
AberdeenRTL
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTL
Aberdeen Green Metallic

Swing release handle on my '07 RTL has been developing more and more play and sponginess over the last 4 years and eventually stopped releasing. While I had the tailgate apart recently (to replace a failed Dynolock) I took some plyers and slightly bent the bracket that the end of the release cable is attached to so as to take up some of the slack in the cable. The handle still feels a little mushy but the the lock now releases during the first quarter of the handle pull rather than the last quarter (or if at all).
AberdeenRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #55
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

I never did take my RL into the shop to discuss this. It still works fine.

One of these days I'm gonna hafta take the tailgate apart and look at that mechanism. But probably not until it fails.

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #56
j2k99
2008 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

ok, after researching the tailgate swing mode issues, it seems that my 08 ridgeline VIN was not part of this TSB. Just wondering if I can still take it in to my dealer and have it fixed or is it out of pocket? No longer in warranty. If not, is it an easy DIY?

Thanks
j2k99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #57
heartbreakridgeline
ROC Rank: Junior
2008 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

My trunk had a problem opening and it felt "different", usually felt as though it used air pressure, IE the spongy feel. I finally opened it with the key I believe or something like that. Any way, I looked closely at the rubber opening handle, and noticed it wasn't seated correctly around the opening it was in. It MUST use air pressure to open because after I fiddled with the rubber, and got it back in place, it felt "spongy" again, or, like it had air behind it when I pushed it. Worked fine after that. It has happened 2-3 times since, just need to make sure the rubber opener you squeeze to open it is seated correctly. Wondering if THAT might be a problem with the swing doors to, look at the rubber and make sure it is seated correctly, cause I believe the use air pressure, but, it's just a guess. I know the trunk does!
heartbreakridgeline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #58
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

The trunk is vented.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #59
j2k99
2008 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
The trunk is vented.

sorry, but a bit confused. is this related to the latch that opens it in swing mode?
j2k99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #60
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

No. This relates to post #57 comment about the trunk using air pressure for something-or-other.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Recalls, TSB's and Notices

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.