Rattling Their Cages - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Clubs and Gatherings > Texas Ridgeline Owners

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #11
Gaither T
ROC Rank: Freshman
2011 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Re: Rattling Their Cages

Mike

It seems that I might have been misunderstood somewhat. My only intent was to see if I could help encourage more "local" (i.e. Texas ) owners to come back, and get involved right here, again. I saw that over the course of time, most of the names, that came up on occasion (some frequent and regular) here in the Texas Area, and are somewhat active on ROC, just don't seem to stop by anymore.

I truely hoped my words, were complimentary, to what TMac and others (present owners excluded) had accomplished. Almost from the moment, I first discovered ROC, I saw how different it was from so many others out there. In most you get the "puppy in a room of Great Danes" feeling. Like you're a small part in a cast of thousands. Even before I registered, it felt like a place where anyone, myself included, could feel at home. The insight, of the original owner and members, are the reason for that. And is still brought forward, to this day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #12
Gunship
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2011 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Gaither,

The issue at hand is a site that WAS privately owned by someone (Great guy; T MAC) that loved Honda's almost as much as air (Okay, maybe not as much. But darn close). He did a wonderful job of managing the site and running great events. However, T Mac sold the site to the current owners. Their job and priority is to make money off the site. Period. They are not involved with daya to day stuff (Hell, I know they own a butt load of auto related forums, but I do not know how many) and sometimes are somewhat slow to respond to moderators requests for assistance or help.

So, with the head not invoilved, the body has languished a bit. It's sad, but true.

To see what I mean, look at how T Mac was able to get Honds corporate involved with the meets and such. Then, go look at what the new owners have done....

You'll see what I am getting at.
Who are the new owners?

2011 RTL Crystal Black Pearl, Chrome Tubes, NAVI, OEM Tonneau, Moon Roof
1997 30th Anniverary Chevy Camaro Z28, White/ Orange Hugger stripes, 6 Speed, White vert top, 350 CID.
Gunship is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 04:20 AM   #13
Humble
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceks7 View Post
Lubbock here, Just bought an 08 with 20,500 miles.
Fort Worth here, I just bought a 2006 with 70k miles. Researching his site helped me in purchasing the vehicle. I love Hondas and this Ridgeline is the first nice vehicle that wasn't my wife's. It's the perfect truck for me!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Humble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Gaither T
2011 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Hello, And Welcome to the club.

My Ridge is much the same for me. My Better Half (just in case She reads this) has always driven the better automobile, and in most cases, a brand new vehicle, at least, when we bought it. Mine usually got me back and forth to work, and was most times,of barely "beer run" capability, (...As a young man, of course...)

I looked at a few other options, when we began to talk about "My Turn", but, I didn't really consider anything else seriously, once that point arrived. IMHO, one of the better decisions I've made.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
bd1baird
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2011 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

We are HERE!! We are just "lurking in the corner". Judging by the 651 views at the time of MY posting....there are a LOT of us!

Lemme know when and where....Oh, and I finally got my decal on....

Here's a pic!
Attached Images

All my BELLS and WHISTLES:
Remote Start, Black Leather Interior, Pin stripes, Roof Rack, Black, Hard Tonneau Cover, Moonroof Visor, Bed Extender, Side Steps, Rectangular Black, Rear Splash Guards, Trailer Hitch Ball 2", Hood Air Deflector, Door Visors*, Rear Under-Seat Storage System

Last edited by bd1baird; 04-27-2012 at 03:45 PM.
bd1baird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
loginfailed
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RTS
Steel Blue Metallic

Hey guys. I'm in Houston. Just bought a 2007 RTL with 90k miles about 2 weeks ago.

I haven't really done any mods to my truck but I have a few ideas in mind as funds become available.

I'm normally the quiet one in most groups, but I'd be interested in a Ridgline meet of some sort. Would be cool to meet some like minded Honda fans.

We could maybe line all the trucks up in various formations and take some cool photos. Have lunch somewhere or barbecue at a park or something like that. Or maybe meet up at someone's house and bring some new mods to install and have a mod party, stuff like that.

Keep me in the loop, I should be able to go as long as we plan it out in advance.
loginfailed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #17
Gaither T
2011 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Smile Re: Rattling Their Cages

Quote:
Originally Posted by loginfailed View Post
Hey guys. I'm in Houston. Just bought a 2007 RTL with 90k miles about 2 weeks ago.

I haven't really done any mods to my truck but I have a few ideas in mind as funds become available.

I'm normally the quiet one in most groups, but I'd be interested in a Ridgline meet of some sort. Would be cool to meet some like minded Honda fans.

We could maybe line all the trucks up in various formations and take some cool photos. Have lunch somewhere or barbecue at a park or something like that. Or maybe meet up at someone's house and bring some new mods to install and have a mod party, stuff like that.

Keep me in the loop, I should be able to go as long as we plan it out in advance.
Hello and Welcome to the Club.

Looks as if you've been bitten by the same bug, as the rest of us.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #18
loginfailed
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RTS
Steel Blue Metallic

Yes, it seems I''ve been "bitten by the bug" with every vehicle I've ever owned.
loginfailed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #19
shortspark
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

I was involved in getting three or four of us together for an East Texas meet very early on, maybe 2005 or early 2006. It was the first mini meet of any kind in Texas. We did not do anything special except show off our trucks and talk about them, have barbque and generally shoot the breeze and get to know each other.

I also attended two larger meets in Dallas with Mike, Outfitter and several others. We went to car shows, ate at Uncle Julios (best Mexican joint!) and even swam and drank Tequila in Outfitter's pool. They were good times. As things progressed and more Texans bought Ridgelines, we became more separate rather than closer and the meets, although often talked about, never came about. Why I am not sure but it probably has to do with the fact that over the last few years there has been talk of the death of the Ridgeline, either totally buried or at least the death of the quality as we know it. Rather than hearing nothing but positive and enthusiastic comments as there was early on, in recent years there have been rants and bashings, if not of the Ridgeline itself, of Honda in general and how they have treated our "baby". And speculation has been the primary focus here for the past two years.

People have sold their trucks and purchased something else, others have resigned themselves to never owning another Ridgeline. In other words, the enthusiasm is not what it once was for the truck, especially its future and quality, and I think that mainifests itself in a lack of enthusiasim in making plans for future meets. I could be wrong of course but that sort of makes sense to me.

I for one am fairly certain that I have been holding out in vain for the last two or three years waiting for a re-tooled, new, modern Ridgeline to take the place of my original model. We might get it and we might not but even if we do I do not believe it will be what I was hoping for. In the meantime, I am looking seriously at alternatives to buy this year, maybe even this month if the incentives are good enough. So for me, and I think many others (not just Texans), our interest seems to be moving in other directions and away from the Ridgeline.
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #20
Gaither T
2011 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Sadly, I can see how the how the interest has drained. It's kinda like the cute little puppy grown up into the big dumb dog story, a favorite teacher was fond of telling. Not exactly, but close.

I can fully appreciate anyone wanting, or needing, to move on from something. In this case,when you get down to the baseline of it, it's just a truck. From the looks of things, all of us face that "Former Ridgeline Owner" status as time goes on. Reality really sucks, doesn't it?

But, I ask myself, Why does the Ridgeline, have to die out quitely. Why can't we send it out like it deserves?

I'm not much of a cheerleader (), but ......
There's enough of us, Let's put our heads together, Do some stuff, big and small, And see what happens next. If it's a wake, then so be it. If RL 2nd Gen happens, the party already started in Texas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Clubs and Gatherings > Texas Ridgeline Owners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.