2010 RTL with 11K? - Page 4 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #31
DogOnBoard
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 *Not a Ridgeline Owner
Other

Re: 2010 RTL with 11K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogOnBoard View Post
But a black 2010 RTL (no navi) in good condition with 11,000 miles (no options) has a dealer True Market Price of about $28,000 for the Kansas City area.
Corrections: I said "good" condition but Edmunds uses the term "Clean". The only higher condition is "Outstanding". I also just noticed there is a dealer True Market Value Price for a CERTIFIED 2010 RLT like yours: $29,000 (without the extras you got). And the trade-in value for a red 2006 RLT with 126K miles in "Average" condition is $7,600.

True Market Value Price considers what vehicles are selling for in that locale and is supposed to represent a fair price that's a good value for the customer while allowing a reasonable profit for the dealer.
DogOnBoard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #32
Embo_9
2010 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

thanks DOB i feel better now I thought my math was looking pretty good!!!

Former owner '06 Ridgeline RTL Redrock Pearl
'10 Ridgeline RTL Crystal Black
'06 VW Touareg Colorado Red
Embo_9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #33
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Great deal, Embo!! Phil's is an RT and you just bought a certified RTL. You got a very good price and probably saved about $6000 over buying brand new. I have a feeling you're going to be very happy with it. As far as the tonneau cover, the OEM one is ridiculously expensive. There are other options out there you can get brand new for $500-800 or so rather than $1300 for the OEM. I would even suggest maybe asking around on the "trading post" section to see if someone might be selling one. I got my Extang soft cover from a gentleman on here for $125. It was used, but it cleaned up very nicely and has served me well for over a year now.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #34
Embo_9
2010 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Thanks Ian!! I'll take a look at the trading post.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #35
DogOnBoard
2006 *Not a Ridgeline Owner
Other

So how's the new Ridge working out? Have you noticed any differences with your old 2006, besides the fact that the 2010 drives and feels like a new vehicle?
DogOnBoard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #36
Embo_9
2010 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Good question DOB.

The new ridge still smells NEW. Amazing. Especially considering an old fella had it for two years. No telling HOW many times he farted in her.

By comparison, the new one seems to have just a tad more power. That's a good thing. I like the updated electronics in the trip meter section. It's also nice that XM, when in title mode, briefly shows the artist as well. Fog lights are handy. I like the aux port as well, plus the extra set of tie downs in the back will come in handy.

On the negative end, this truck has a tendency to be a tad more difficult to steer. My old ridge just seemed to go with the flow a bit more. Maybe the touch on the steering wheel was a tad lighter or something. I just find I have to steer this one a bit more.

Also for some reason I'm having trouble finding the comfort zone with my drivers seat. At first it felt like the very back end of the bottom was basically non-existent. I've noodled with it a bit and of course it's probably molding to my ample derriere.

I don't like that the auto climate control is ALWAYS on dual mode when in auto. I liked that I could just dial in the temp with one nob on my old one.

I had to buy an adapter for the hitch electrical as my trailer has the old 4 pin connection, no big deal there. $12.

OH....this is gonna sound really really dumb.....but I had one of the early 06 ridgelines, hence I couldn't reprogram the locks the way I wanted them without having the dealer put in a new fuse panel. So my passengers were always bitching about not being able to get out as soon as I parked (must be something about my driving). Anyway I LOVE having locks that actually unlock all around when I put 'er in park. Yahoo!!!

18" wheels over 17" wheels on the old one. I'm not sure of the benefit there. It looks a bit nicer I think but will probably cost more when I buy tires.

I got Weathertech floormats and put them in yesterday and my new tonneau (Fibermax from Bakflip) arrives tomorrow.

Oh wait. One last issue. I have a weird whistling noise at highway speed. It's a bit intermittent, but it's definitely there and annoying. I found the tsb on windshield noise. I suspect it's related to that. OR it could be coming from the moonroof. OH yeah....the moonroof. It's nice to have and surprisingly quiet compared to all previous ones I've had. My old rtl did not have one as standard equip.

OK. Sorry you asked??

BTW, thanks for following up and for the great idea in the first place!

Bruce

Old 11-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #37
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

^^ The whistling noise could possibly be the issue with the plastic piece that spans the rear of the roof - just in front of the third brake light. There have been a few home-made fixes. Do some searching and you'll find a few ways to test it.

It's interesting to hear about the differences between the 06 model and the 2010 model. I've often thought about how it would feel to drive a newer one since I never have. Maybe I'll just go to a dealership sometime and take one for a spin. Having the moonroof is awesome. Especially on a nice day. When you open the moonroof and the rear sliding window, you get great airflow and it's extremely quiet. My wife and I rode for 8 hours on a trip to Tennessee like this. Glad to hear you're liking it!
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #38
Embo_9
2010 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Thanks Ian. I dug that info up and will drag it along with me to the dealer tomorrow when I go in for that fix as well as the detail they promised me.

But FIRST, the new tonneau!!

Bruce

Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #39
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embo_9 View Post
Thanks Ian. I dug that info up and will drag it along with me to the dealer tomorrow when I go in for that fix as well as the detail they promised me.

But FIRST, the new tonneau!!

Bruce
And maybe some pictures after that detail is done???
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #40
Embo_9
2010 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

I wish.

I haven't figured out how to post pics yet. I'm sure it's easy. But I haven't crossed that line yet.

Also I'm going right from the dealer to the airport so she'll get dusty and nasty in the parking garage anyway.

PLUS, I'm having the few major scratches and small dents taken out as soon as I free up a couple days. Then she'll look nice!!! Maybe then I'll figure out how to post a pic!

Bruce

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.