Rear Defroster? - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > First Generation (2006-present)

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
RichardM222
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RT
Billet Silver Metallic

Rear Defroster?

Hi all,

I purchased a 2008 Ridgeline this summer. Winter is approaching and I just realized that because my Ridgeline has a sliding back window, it doesn't have a rear window defroster (I live in Northern Ontario, so our winters are cold).

Can anybody tell me whether I'm facing an entire winter of not being able to see out my back window?

Richard
RichardM222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
CUinaRidge
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: Rear Defroster?

Very Very rarely is one ever needed. The few times it fogged up I just opened the sliding rear window and closed it. ChrisM had made a home made defroster for his rear window but I don't think he has ever used it in 7 years of ownership
CUinaRidge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Thumbs up Re: Rear Defroster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUinaRidge View Post
Very Very rarely is one ever needed. The few times it fogged up I just opened the sliding rear window and closed it.
Hey Richard. I questioned the same thing, but like CUinaRidge mentioned, this is all I do too, and it does the t-rick!

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 02:17 AM   #4
ernieD
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2012 RTS
White/Grey

I just used my Defroster for the first time last nite in my RL. I imagine that in a small-ish cabin such as this, the regular Defroster will work quite quickly in clearing out the windows. Or with Defroster on does air come out of the rear AC/Heat Vent; I keep mine mostly closed/off. If so, then with high fan speed that rear window might clear out fairly fast I'm guessing.

Noticed one thing, wiht Defroster on, the Temp knob on drivers side controls Temp of both knobs; temp #'s were moving up/down simultaneously as I adjusted drivers side knob. Did not know this before.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
breye
ROC Rank: Junior
2009 DX
Billet Silver / Gray

I live in northern Ontario and i've never had a problem with it.I leave mine on vents as much as possible and set the two outside ones towards the window so it can make its way to the back easier.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #6
breye
ROC Rank: Junior
2009 DX
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieD View Post
Or with Defroster on does air come out of the rear AC/Heat Vent

The rear AC/Heat Vent only work when the HVAC is set on vents.
That could be a another reason why I have not had a problem with rear window fogging.I leave my rear vents on and pointed up as well.

Last edited by breye; 10-18-2012 at 07:51 AM.
breye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
tbrigh01
ROC Rank: Senior
2010 RTS
Polished Metal Metallic

I live in one of the colder parts of UT and I have never had any issues. I do recall once when I had both my boys and my dog in the back and it fogged up a bit, but 3-5 mins later with the defrost on it was gone.
tbrigh01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

You shouldn't have any issues. I've had my truck for 7 years here in Central WI and I can only think of a handful of times where the back window got fogged up to the point I could not see through it. Almost every time was when I had a full vehicle, everybody was wet from rain or snow, and the humidity level got pushed up high enough where the back windows fogged up a bit.

Just have to remember not to shut your AC off when the defrosters are running. The AC runs and pulls most of the moisture out of your cabin so your windows won't fog up under normal circumstances.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
cdepuydt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
RichardM222
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RT
Billet Silver Metallic

Thanks for the feedback, everybody - much appreciated!
RichardM222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > First Generation (2006-present)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.