accessory outlets - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
yesno
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTS
Formal Black

accessory outlets

Hi

All three of my accessory outlets are blown. The fuses keep blowing. I have a satellite radio and a gps. Previously, I was told not to twist the plugs when they are in the socket. I did not do this and still they are blowing.

Anybody know what the deal is?

Thanks,
yesno
yesno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
yesno
2007 RTS
Formal Black

Re: accessory outlets

I'm still having this problem. Now all the accessory sockets in the truck are blown. I am not twisting the plugs in the sockets. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
tpevehouse
ROC Rank: Senior
2009 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

Are they blowing with or without those items? Sounds like there is a short somewhere in the system. When are the outlets blowing?
Sony XAV601BT, Polk DB coaxial/sail tweets, Dynamat, V-LED Ext./Int./Dash, GE NightHawk Platinum, Plastidiped Steels/Grill, Duralast Platinum AGM, OEM Tow Harness/Rear Mud Guards, Weathertech F&R Mats/Visors/Bug Shield.
tpevehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
yesno
2007 RTS
Formal Black

they are blowing when the xm radio is in the socket. the dealer did find an exposed wire and fixed it but the fuses are still blowing
Old 11-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
Corn-Picker
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2010 RT
Bali Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesno View Post
Hi

All three of my accessory outlets are blown. The fuses keep blowing. I have a satellite radio and a gps. Previously, I was told not to twist the plugs when they are in the socket. I did not do this and still they are blowing.

Anybody know what the deal is?

Thanks,
yesno
What's the power rating of the GPS and satellite radio? Is the power draw of the devices greater than the rated capacity of the accessory outlets (which is only 120 watts if I recall correctly)?
Corn-Picker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
mevers
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 RTL
White / Beige

Something you're plugging in is blowing it. I'm pretty sure the only "fix" is to not use whatever is causing the issue. I have a small compressor that will blow the fuse if I have anything else plugged into the front.

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." George S. Patton
mevers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.