All-terrain for tire recommendations - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

//-->
RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

View Poll Results: Best Tire On The List ?
Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 4 14.29%
Nitto Terra Grappler 6 21.43%
General Grabber AT2 3 10.71%
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 0 0%
Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus 0 0%
Cooper Discoverer A/T3 3 10.71%
Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 2 7.14%
OTHER 7 25.00%
Get ALL seasons 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
flttester
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTS
White / Olive

Re: All-terrain for tire recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouranga View Post
how long have you had them for ? I have hankook ventus on my other car and I have mixed feelings about hankooks everyone ive talked to says the tread wear goes down fast on them and that they dont start off with as much tread to begin with like some other tires .. I havent had mine for long so I couldn't tell
btw are they loud ?
They've been on for about a year and a half now. I wouldn't base a tire decision based on manufacturer generalities. They all have good and bad tires. I read up a lot on the Dynapro ATM RF10's before deciding to pull the trigger. I have about 14000 mi on them. I'm not hard on my tires. They seem to be holding up treadwear wise fine. They have been quiet on the highway. Maybe slightly louder than the stock Michelins.
flttester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
camgough
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs are awesome. Had mine almost 3 years now!

Sent from my GT-I9100M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
camgough is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #13
Gouranga
ROC Rank: Junior
2007 RT
Formal Black

who voted for Cooper Discoverer A/T3 ? I am considering getting them whats your review I heard they are super quiet and last a long time.

better than the Nitto ?
Gouranga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #14
Gouranga
2007 RT
Formal Black

so I actually spent all day researching on other forums and such and reading reviews and comments of people who went through sets of tires

so far I got is The cooper and the hankooks are best bang for the buck

the Nittos wear out fast and there are way more people complaining about road noise when they are at 50% tread while the coopers and hankooks everyone is happy with road noise on them.

Also the Nittos have many reports of being crappy in wet environment and cant offroad for **** (I wont be offroading so I dont care ) but wet conditions does seem like a dissapointed I read reviews from guys who ran nittos and then ran hankooks and hankooks were the better tire in almost everyone who ran the 2 one after another especially in offroading/wet leafs and such

The coopers so far got nothing but perfect forums comments everyone is happy both hankooks and coopers are the best choice

the toyo open country is basically the same as the nitto's just different tread pattern
but wayyyyyyyyy tooo many comments on how past 15K miles its game over for them..

so I think I will be buying the cooper or maybe the hankooks most likely the cooper they look more aggressive while mainting a quiet ride
Gouranga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #15
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Lightbulb Re: All-terrain for tire recommendations

Quote:
so I actually spent all day researching on other forums and such and reading reviews and comments of people who went through sets of tires

the toyo open country is basically the same as the nitto's just different tread pattern
but wayyyyyyyyy tooo many comments on how past 15K miles its game over for them..
Wow. My Toyo's still look like new after 2 years, but were not used last winter! So really they are 1 1/2 years old.

And I will probably go with them again in the future, but of course, time will tell!

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #16
CLiVE
2006 RTL
Alabaster Silver Metallic

Voted Other as well - BF Goodrich A/T
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #17
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

I was in the same boat as you a couple months ago. I was looking for an AT tire, with an agressive look/tread, that was fairly quiet, but was good in mud/snow too.

Price, of course, was important. One of my main wants/needs was a tire that was quiet on dry pavement. I narrowed it down to 3 tires:

Cooper Discoverer A/T: Very good reviews on road noise and tire life. Rated the best of the 3 for rolling resistance. Price was right too. I could get them mounted and balanced for under $160.

Kumho Road Venture KL73: Again, good reviews on road noise and tire life; although they were rated a bit noiser than the Cooper and KL61's, just because they have a very agressive tread pattern. Rated the best of the 3 on ice braking. Snow flake symbol. Rolling resistance was highest of the 3. I could get them cheaper than the Coopers, at around $150 a piece mounted and blanced.

Kumho Road Venture KL61: The best of the 3 on noise ratings. Tire life expectancy was just as good as the Coopers and better than the KL73's. Rated better than the Coopers/KL73's on hydroplaning, has the snowflake symbol, but rated just below the KL73's on ice braking. Rated equal to the Coopers on rolling resistance. Mounted and balanced for $165 each.

I ended up going with the KL61's. I like the tread, that is aggressive, but not too agressive. Sidewall has an agressive look too...I like that about them. Road noise is very comparable to all-season tires. Very good ride. I am very happy with them so far. Have put about 1200 miles on them and would rate them very high.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.

Last edited by cdepuydt; 11-09-2012 at 09:53 AM.
cdepuydt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #18
andyreno
2009 RTS
White/Grey

After much research I purchased BFG Rugged Trail TAs. Not much louder than the worn out stock Mich. I removed. Very good price and treadware! Take a look at them.
Attached Images

andyreno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #19
derek77
2008 RTX
Formal Black

Quote:
so why not vote them in on the poll ?

how long have you had them for ? most tires are decent for the first 5000 km's but after that is where tires tend to change who they are very fast
Just bought them late October. They work great, and I got them for a great price, but I need more miles on them before I can wholeheartedly recommend them. I haven't even put them through a Minnesota winter yet.
ICI Rocker Panels, Sportwing door protectors, Protecta bedmat, Wet Okole black/charcoal, Cabela's Stampede Bug Deflector, Cooper Discoverer AT3s, Pioneer 3200BT head unit, Metra dash insert, 4 Infiniti 6022si 6.5" door speakers, Tang Band sub in eD box powered by an Alpine MRP-T220 amp behind the seat, chrome Broncos sticker and chrome ROC emblem in back window.
derek77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
dustboy
2009 RT
White / Beige

Gouranga, any update?

I'm going to get a set of the Coopers, did you get the 245/70R17? The OEM size for the RT is 245/65R17 but I can't find them in that size.
dustboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.