Ridgeline SQ Audio Build - Vancouver, Canada - Page 14 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #131
laserguy
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Other

Re: Ridgeline SQ Audio Build - Vancouver, Canada

CDs are so cheap these days, used ones in good shape can be bought for under $10.00 shipped. For one reason or another it never feels the same not having the art work, the color or the original hard copy, I have supported the my favorite artists at least 98% of the time buying new or used original CDs and if I copy one and like it a lot I get the original just because they are cheap and feels better. I admit I am cheap and like I mentioned before I check out CDs at the library when possible, many times they have scratches, dont work and if I don't like them I don't copy them it is that simple, and many times I have the vinyl record and if If likei it or enjoy it so much I get the CD also. Like I did In my most recent purchases, jean luc ponty individual choice and civilized evil, I paid $24.00 for the civilized evil cd used, never did that before but it is an out of print record, and I had to have it even though I have the vinyl and have a $1200 turntable that I got cheap for $250 in the 80's.
laserguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #132
Matt08RTL
ROC Rank: Senior
2008 RTL
Formal Black

Box is done.

more pictures here
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...7&postcount=76

Over all I'm happy with it, Hopefully it sounds good.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 AM   #133
Lunchbox12
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiph View Post
Chances are low that a modern recording (other than Jazz/classical) will have a decent sound (musical content aside..) because the studios aren't willing to pay for it.

They figure that if people are willing to listen to MP3s, a format that has much lower SQ than the CD format it's replacing, why bother to pay a recording engineer to do top-notch work?

This isn't a SQ recording, but still fun to listen to:
http://www.amazon.com/Tech-Nolo-G/dp/B004Q8HKNW/

Chip H.
You're right on he money. Compression in the recording's final product makes a lot of the ambiance disappear. Laserguy's comments about the recording technique also rings true...less money invested in excellent recordings when most consumers will listen on low quality gear like desktop computer speakers, etc.
There are a lot of people who still enjoy sound quality and believe it or not there is a movement to try to revive it. Look at how CD sales are dropping, but LP record sales are actually on the rise.
Lunchbox12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #134
Lunchbox12
2006 RTL
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt08RTL View Post
Box is done.

more pictures here
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...7&postcount=76

Over all I'm happy with it, Hopefully it sounds good.
Beautiful job!!! Now throw some woofers in there, I want to see those cones!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #135
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox12 View Post
I want to see those cones!
Hey, now... let's try to keep this PG.

Seriously, great job, Matt. That looks like it was supposed to be there from the factory.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #136
laserguy
2006 RTL
Other

Yeah! that box looks nice! maybe Mat should start a business building boxes like that for members. Looks like an up firing box.

lmfao party rock CD recording is not bad at all, good bass. there are some exceptions. To me Pop music is like a one night stand enjoy it for a short time then never go back to it, that is why I do not buy pop music often, I picked that CD at the library, I figured pop stars like that make enough $$$ even if it is for a short time. On the other hand my kids and wife do buy new pop cd's all the time, my daughter has a pretty large collection, most it is really not my taste. When it comes to Jazz, Fusion or some Rock, I do support the Artist and buy new, even though my wife makes fun of me when I enjoy Jazz Fusion from the 70's or from the 80's to me it never dies and I can listen to it and not get tired of it, complex yes, Like P. Metheny but it is fun during the first 25 times you listen to it to learn new things or discover new things, it tastes better the more you listen to it. I know all music moves in stages and changes with each decade even smooth Jazz changes. To me the late 80's through the 90's we had a more dynamic melodic less depressing music. The Funky talented dynamic groovy fusion from Chris Botti from the 90's is gone ( we may never hear tracks similar why not, regroovable or even Lisa that starts so smooth and mellow and becomes funky and fun as it ends) he changed for more boring type style or playing pop tracks and play with opera singers. That is the way it goes they change for one reason or another, money or the trend just changes.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #137
Lunchbox12
2006 RTL
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
Hey, now... let's try to keep this PG.

Seriously, great job, Matt. That looks like it was supposed to be there from the factory.
LOL! This thread has undertones waaay past PG!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #138
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserguy View Post
Nice cut, LG!

Honda North, Clovis CA Sales 4 Service 3.5
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #139
laserguy
2006 RTL
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinhonda View Post
Nice cut, LG!
Glad you enjoyed that.

And when it comes to groovy, funky smooth jazz fusion horns, let's not forget the amazing and talented Rick Braun, I do not have many CD's but out of the few I have my choices in order Beat Street, Esperanto ( newer good SQ) and Full Stride. In this video he plays with some students, he went to that music school and was doing some fund raiser for the school I think. I picked it for the SQ of the video. Really cool

Old 11-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #140
Matt08RTL
ROC Rank: Senior
2008 RTL
Formal Black

Spent the last 2 days installing my stereo, what a PITA I think I could write a book on here about the process. Like always though I didn't take any pictures of the install. In the end It sounds great, better than I expected with a LOC and for once I managed to get it done without getting blood on everything.

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.