Ridgeline - 2013, 14 & 15 - the future. - Page 38 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #371
gene r
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive

Re: Ridgeline - 2013, 14 & 15 - the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyguy View Post
I think his point was that in 4x4 fashion the Ram still is rated at 16/23 over the RL's 15/20, despite being larger in every dimension, weighing more, and putting out more hp/torque. The hemi numbers are not paired with their new transmission yet. Don't know if the new 8 speed will give it a little boost or not in its EPA numbers. I actually hate EPA numbers myself since a lot of vehicles get nowhere near them. I think that I got banned from a forum once for pointing out that the only worthwhile way to test fuel economy would be to put a lot of vehicles on a long track at the same time, and just drive them around and around. Moderator was an engineer and did not like this and insisted that EPA ratings were perfectly accurate, despite OVERWHELMING empirical evidence to the contrary.
You do know the difference between Engineer boots and Cowboy boots right? Cowboy boots the BS is on the outside.
gene r is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #372
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboz View Post
You guys really expect HONDA to perform physics miracles. More power (many want 300hp) and still get a LOT better MPG's?? I guess if they lose the brick that is the front end the aerodynamic advantages are obvious.

That is why I want a more chisled looking vehicle. Sleek and muscular. Not block and boring. I can even live with the size but I think a 500lbs. curb weight reduction would do wonders for the 3.5 and help MPG.s Giving up a few inches in width will not hurt anything. I guess you still need the plywood crowd to have their width though.

The BAJA is a CRUCK, not a TRUCK. I was in no way suggesting something that small. The BAJA was way too expensive.
It's not a miracle of physics - it's a byproduct of direct injection and improved valve timing. DI typically allows for better power and torque and also improves fuel efficiency at the same time. Look at the power and efficiency gains of the new Accord - somewhat modest, but a great improvement. The new model also has slightly smaller outside dimensions with slightly larger cabin dimensions. I think we can expect the new gen RL to see similar improvements. The RL needs to be weighty to perform truck duties. I think we might see about a 100-150lb. reduction in weight, but 500lbs. is a tall order for any auto maker.

On a side note, I do remember about five years ago or so that Pontiac made an El Camino-esque version of the G8. It had the 6.2 liter engine and a truck bed with two front seats. It was unique-looking, but was actually pretty neat. I'll bet it ran like a bat outta hell, too!
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #373
phillyguy
ROC Rank: Senior
2009 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Compulsive View Post
There are occasional times I wish for a larger bed, but that would mean giving up garage-ability or interior space. (Last Saturday it took three trips to transport 27 bags of shredded leaves for composting 2 miles away. I can live with that.) 90+% of the time, the Ridge is spot-on for my wants & needs - far better than any other truck.
I always thought that Honda could address this issue well by including a bed extender standard. They went to the effort of making an extra strong tailgate, I really think that they should have advertised that fact quite a bit more, and encouraged people to use a bed extender with it.
phillyguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #374
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene r View Post
You do know the difference between Engineer boots and Cowboy boots right? Cowboy boots the BS is on the outside.
Hahahahaha! That's great!
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
Old 11-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #375
chiph
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Steel Blue Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
On a side note, I do remember about five years ago or so that Pontiac made an El Camino-esque version of the G8. It had the 6.2 liter engine and a truck bed with two front seats. It was unique-looking, but was actually pretty neat. I'll bet it ran like a bat outta hell, too!
That was an Australian "Ute". Probably sold as a Holden.

Yep - here it is:

http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/ute

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Civic LX, 2006 Ridgeline RTL, 2000 CR-V EX, 1991 Accord EX
chiph is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #376
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiph View Post
That was an Australian "Ute". Probably sold as a Holden.

Yep - here it is:

http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/ute

Chip H.
Wow. I know the G8 was the American version of the Holden Commodore, but I had no idea they actually put the Ute truck thing into production. It's an absolute shame that Pontiac went by the wayside. I know they made some questionable vehicles for a long time, but the G8 was and still is an absolutely drop-dead sexy vehicle. If it were offered in AWD, I would have considered it for a daily driver. RWD just doesn't do it around here in the winter, but maybe finding a good one for a second vehicle in a few years might be something I'd be interested in doing. Their prices have held steady because of the low availability.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #377
xd9x19
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTL
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
All I know is they targeted me pretty much dead on.
Same here, from what I read of the original target audience...suburban family with dad who wants a family hauler during the week and smooth ride for the commute, but also wants the truck bed for weekend projects and fun.
xd9x19 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #378
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd9x19 View Post
Same here, from what I read of the original target audience...suburban family with dad who wants a family hauler during the week and smooth ride for the commute, but also wants the truck bed for weekend projects and fun.
That's me to a "T" as well... minus the dad part. Working on it...
Old 11-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #379
S1njin
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2012 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White/Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd9x19 View Post
This is exactly why I purchased one on Saturday !!!

I got a leftover 2012 with 1.9% financing. Since I generally HATE buying a new model vehicle in the first year (or even partially into the 2nd year), I feel I'm buying a proven platform that does exactly what I need it for. I didn't have another 3 years (1 year of the 2013s and at least 1.5 of the new model) to wait.
S1njin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #380
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1njin View Post
This is exactly why I purchased one on Saturday !!!

I got a leftover 2012 with 1.9% financing. Since I generally HATE buying a new model vehicle in the first year (or even partially into the 2nd year), I feel I'm buying a proven platform that does exactly what I need it for. I didn't have another 3 years (1 year of the 2013s and at least 1.5 of the new model) to wait.
Plus there's no telling exactly when the 2nd gen model will come out. It could be 2015 before we see it. I'm really hoping that's not the case as I'll be looking to replace mine in about 3-4 years. I'm not one to buy new at all, so a nice 1.5-2 year old certified model with low miles would be my weapon of choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.