Yet Another Radiator Corrosion Issue - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
kevin_stevens
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Re: Yet Another Radiator Corrosion Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
There has been a lot of discussion on this issue. It does appear that the washers in question could be replaced, but a suitable replacement part has not been located yet that I know of. The only other option is to replace the entire radiator as many have done - including me. I bought a Silla radiator that has brass and aluminum fittings so they will not rust. Others have purchased Koyorad or a similar brand. The radiator was $150 online and I took it to a dealership to have it installed. Total cost was a shade over $400. Pretty good insurance against a possible complete transmission failure. This isn't just limited to the RL or even just Honda, for that matter. The washers on the fittings of my old radiator were certainly rusted. They could have blown in a day or could have stayed together for several more years. I just didn't want to take the chance. I would highly suggest you follow a similar path if you plan to keep your truck for any substantial amount of time.
Is there a *known* good aftermarket radiator that can be used? I don't mind doing the swap proactively, but there isn't much information in the parts description of the different brands/models.

KeS
kevin_stevens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
feetdry
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Re: Yet Another Radiator Corrosion Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_stevens View Post
Is there a *known* good aftermarket radiator that can be used? I don't mind doing the swap proactively, but there isn't much information in the parts description of the different brands/models.

KeS
Your question is exactly why I went to a radiator shop and physically looked at the radiator that was installed in mine. The internet doesn't give much of a description and since they all come from China they usually have the same part number regardless of brand name on the box.

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.