NFL talk - Page 15 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #141
CrowMagnumMan
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Re: NFL talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTM1 View Post
Redskins & RG3 beat Eagles 31-6 RG3 with 4 Touch Down Passes today.
Got a long way to go after not so good first half of the season but we get hurt bad by injuries. The second half of the season it's mostly teams in our Div bring on them Cowboys.
Yeah! How 'bout our Skins! Even though the Iggles are horrible, maybe the win will go a long way for the mentality of the team! Lookin' for a good game on Turkey Day!
06 Steel Blue RTL/Nav - OEM fog lights, OEM hood deflector, OEM rear mudflaps, OEM all-weather Ridgeline front mats, OEM trunk mat, OEM 4.73 Nav. disc, 5S Dude's license plate frame/door sills, E&G grill, chrome pinstripes, Raptor 4" oval SS side steps, SportWing side protectors w/ Ridgeline badges, chrome hubcap skins, Weather Tech rear floor mats, AVS window visors, FastLane heavy duty bed mat, chrome door handles, tailgate handle, taillight covers, mirror covers, and side vent strips.
CrowMagnumMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #142
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Ugh... the Steelers played the Ravens a lot better than I thought they would. Everyone is getting on Tomlin for calling that timeout with 2:04 left and then having offsides called on us. That was one play. Several other times in that game, we could have capitalized on their mistakes. The defense was playing strong. They limited Flacco to less than 200 yards passing and Rice to around 50 yards on the ground. It was the special teams' blunder of the punt return for a TD that broke us. Unless we can miraculously beat the Ravens in Baltimore in two weeks with half of our starters hurt, we don't have a chance at the AFC North title.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #143
CrowMagnumMan
2006 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

I agree, Ian. Sometimes the Coach gets way too much blame. People are upset Andy Reid called a timeout with 20 seconds left in the half against Washington and on the next play McCoy fumbled. The Skins kicked a field goal and added 3 points before going in for half. Reid didn't fumble. People are saying since he was only going to run the ball anyway, why not just kneel down on it? He didn't fumble and maybe McCoy breaks one? Not sure I agree with people getting on him for that one. And, like you said, one play. The Iggles were horrible and the Skins just weren't as bad!
06 Steel Blue RTL/Nav - OEM fog lights, OEM hood deflector, OEM rear mudflaps, OEM all-weather Ridgeline front mats, OEM trunk mat, OEM 4.73 Nav. disc, 5S Dude's license plate frame/door sills, E&G grill, chrome pinstripes, Raptor 4" oval SS side steps, SportWing side protectors w/ Ridgeline badges, chrome hubcap skins, Weather Tech rear floor mats, AVS window visors, FastLane heavy duty bed mat, chrome door handles, tailgate handle, taillight covers, mirror covers, and side vent strips.
CrowMagnumMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #144
k757
The Spoolin' Moderator
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Redrock Pearl / Beige

how often do players shift the blame to themselves from their coach? I suspect it's pretty rare. The least likely players are the ones who thank God/jesus/allah/etc. for their good play but they never blame their supreme being for when they fumble or an throw an interception to teach them humility

k757 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #145
K-Dog7469
2007 RTS
Alabaster Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
Ugh... the Steelers played the Ravens a lot better than I thought they would. Everyone is getting on Tomlin for calling that timeout with 2:04 left and then having offsides called on us. That was one play. Several other times in that game, we could have capitalized on their mistakes. The defense was playing strong. They limited Flacco to less than 200 yards passing and Rice to around 50 yards on the ground. It was the special teams' blunder of the punt return for a TD that broke us. Unless we can miraculously beat the Ravens in Baltimore in two weeks with half of our starters hurt, we don't have a chance at the AFC North title.
Dont act surprised.
Every Ravens steelers game come down to a few plays that make a world of difference. Be it a stupid mistake, missed tackle, a lucky break here or there.
That game was 100% what I expected to see. This time the W fell to us. At any given point yesterday it could have been anybodys game.

My question is, clearly Leftwhich was hurting and unable to really sling the ball.
Why was Batch not on the field ?

ASE master collision repair certified.
I-CAR Platinum structural certified.
K-Dog7469 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #146
Rockwood
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Billet Silver / Gray

Poor steelers they need uniform help real bad
Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #147
K-Dog7469
2007 RTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
they need to throw back those throwbacks.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #148
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dog7469 View Post
Dont act surprised.
Every Ravens steelers game come down to a few plays that make a world of difference. Be it a stupid mistake, missed tackle, a lucky break here or there.
That game was 100% what I expected to see. This time the W fell to us. At any given point yesterday it could have been anybodys game.

My question is, clearly Leftwhich was hurting and unable to really sling the ball.
Why was Batch not on the field ?
Yep - just as always it was a war on a football field. It was exactly what I thought it would be, too, but the score was much closer than I would have thought. With us having so many starters out due to injury, namely Ben, I didn't think we'd get within 10 points. Just goes to show the depth of both teams. Leftwich was dumb enough to try to do a celebratory summersault after running for that touchdown and broke his OWN ribs. He likely played down the injury and the medical staff just didn't catch it. Batch has been great for us, but I'm questioning his ability at this point. Why would the coaching staff opt for a less-than-100% backup QB rather than playing a 100% healthy Batch? I guess we're going to see this coming weekend with Cleveland what Batch still has in the tank. There are talks of signing some random backup to the backup QB and even bringing back Plax Burress... ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. It's the Steelers' 80th season and they wanted to pay homage to the very first team - the Pittsburgh Pirates. What you see is what their jerseys looked like in 1932. They are absolutely horrid and I hope they burn them after this season.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #149
K-Dog7469
2007 RTS

Boller is still available !!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #150
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Nevermind. We signed some kid that was with the patriots. And we got plax back. Yay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.