Just An Observation - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
groupset
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RT
Billet Silver / Gray

Just An Observation

I've been a member of this forum for about 6-1/2 years now - I've noticed that just within the past few months we've gotten lots of first-time Ridgeline owners joining and posting; some with new RLs but many who have purchased used ones. I've also noticed more activity in general on this forum. This tells me that the appeal of the RL is not fading, and is in fact attracting attention from a whole new crowd. This should bode well for the future of the Ridgeline, given Honda has not bothered to change and/or update it in any significant way since its introduction 7 (almost 8) years ago. If people are still buying and getting excited about the long-in-the-tooth Ridgeline, imagine how a revised, updated version would sell! You listening, Honda??
groupset is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Car Compulsive
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2012 RTS
Dark Cherry Pearl

Re: Just An Observation

My theory is that GM, Ford, & Chrysler have killed their small / midsize truck offerings and not everyone wants a fullsize pickup.
'05 S2000
Car Compulsive is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupset View Post
imagine how a revised, updated version would sell! You listening, Honda??
BAJA Ridgeline! Just in case they are listening.....

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
S1njin
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2012 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White/Grey

I think its marketing. Honestly I never really paid attention to the RL until the past 6 months or so when I started shopping for something with a bed. I see them on the road from time to time, but always thought they looked a little odd and never paid much attention.

That is, until I really assessed what my needs were and how wonderfully the truck fit them. Then I test drove one. Then I wrote out a check and signed 5 years of my life away.
S1njin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1njin View Post
I think its marketing. Honestly I never really paid attention to the RL until the past 6 months or so when I started shopping for something with a bed. I see them on the road from time to time, but always thought they looked a little odd and never paid much attention.

That is, until I really assessed what my needs were and how wonderfully the truck fit them. Then I test drove one. Then I wrote out a check and signed 5 years of my life away.
What marketing???

I was the same way. When I first saw the RL, I thought it was funny looking. Unique and odd, but not necessarily appealing. About a year later, I was selling for a Honda dealership. I still remember driving the RL for the first time. At that point, I was completely hooked. Then, in my early 20's, I had no way at all of affording one, but vowed that I would have one someday. Four years later when my car pretty much kicked the bucket and I was much more financially stable, I got one. I considered pretty much every other vehicle available to me, but I just kept coming back to the RL. It met and still meets my needs in every way possible. The increased interest in them over the last year or so is encouraging. I just hope Honda does the 2nd gen RL right. Not like the 2011 Civic and more like the 2013 Accord.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
Timberdog
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2007 RT
Other

Swiss Army knife of trucks.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
K-Dog7469
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RTS
Alabaster Silver Metallic

Its crazy the Ridge is not more popular.
I have had mine for eight months and I am very satisfied. I love it.
Every one who rides in mine loves it and wants one.

Some one walking past me at the grocery store was blown away at the amount of space in the trunk.

My wife wants a Ridge next and I am pretty much going to stick with them from here on out as long as they keep making them.

ASE master collision repair certified.
I-CAR Platinum structural certified.
K-Dog7469 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
DaveG55
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Well, I guess I'm one of the "new" guys. Only had my Ridgeline a a few months now and love it as much as I thought I would!
Unlike others I liked it from the first time I saw one back in '06. At the time i was not in the market for a new vehicle and, besides, I seldom buy a brand new vehicle prefering to wait for someone else to take the depriciation hit instead.
Then about two years ago a good, good friend bought an '06 RL and I really began to like it. In fact we took a couple of several hundred mile trips in it towing motorcycles to a couple different bike weeks. It was a very compitant and comfortable ride that both the wife and I liked.
Well, last August he decided to sell his RL and I jumped at the chance to buy it.
To my mind I bought a vehicle that has very little missing from a similar '13 model of the same truck. Yes, it has milage on it but I have excellent service records and it has many aftermarket upgrades already installed and I payed about 1/3 the cost of that '13 truck.
I had found ROC early on when I found I had the opertunity to get this truck and found it to be a great source of info, tips and mods to the truck. In return for the info I have recieved I have posted a couple of how-to's and reviews of products that I have added in the hope that I can help others as I have been helped.
I know I'm pretty new but expect to see me around for awhile. I tend to keep vehicles for a long, long time and like to see what others have, do and think about their vehicles.
2006 RTL, Billet Silver Metalic, 2% rears, 35% front window tint, Aires chrome step rails, Advantage Torza tonneau cover, PA15-HON2 I-Pod/Aux adapter, BT35-HON bluetooth adapter, Infinity Reference 1031t dash tweeter upgrade, Infinity Reference 6022i speakers (front doors), Infinity Reference 5022i speakers (rear doors), power point in center console, Aux In jack between heated seat butons, rear power outlets always on, power tailgate lock mod.
DaveG55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #9
e_piph_a_ny
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Dave, welcome to the ROC! Love your Radio Shack dashboard bulb how-to

e_piph_a_ny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.