Walmart Tire and Lube Express is gone... - Page 3 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #21
laserguy
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Other

Re: Walmart Tire and Lube Express is gone...

Yes I tend to agree, maybe 5-10% of shops will pull a fast one. I tend to be one of those with bad luck because 80 % of the time I have someone do work for me I can do myself, they either pull a fast one or screw up somehow.

To give an idea of how lucky I am.
Even when I brought my truck for the harness recall, because I had no choice, as soon as I got it, I tested the air, and it had no AC, immediately before I drove off I went to them and they took care of it, they forgot a connector.

Last edited by laserguy; 11-09-2012 at 07:58 AM.
laserguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #22
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Thumbs down Re: Walmart Tire and Lube Express is gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by csimo View Post
I know way tooooo much about dealer tactics and practices.
I agree. I think anybody who goes to the stealership after the waranty is over is being sucked in, and paying way to much.

Find yourself a reliable mechanic and stick with him!

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #23
feetdry
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

With my 5 year 120,000 mile Honda Care warranty, I have most of my maintenance done at a Honda dealer. Haven't had any problems but I don't want them to point fingers if there happened to be a problem. I could do most of all the maintenance required but I choose not to.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #24
laserguy
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Other

Yeah, some people do work and are busy, they just have the dealer take care of things, because they have no time to deal with it. I would at least double check the work just in case.
laserguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #25
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: 9k Comma Club
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

I agree, again, my local dealer has a sterling rep in our community. I still prefer DIY or using a local mechanic I can watch and BS with. (I learn a lot too). I don't use him for oil changes unless it would happen to be an add on for a bigger job. But for tire/wheel jobs, and any non-warranty issues, he is priceless.

Honda North, Clovis CA Sales 4 Service 3.5
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #26
JRS
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Last week I advised someone to take her car to Wal Mart (Exton, PA) to get a battery installed as I've bought several (on the recommendation of Consumer Reports). I always take mine home and install them myself, or install it in the parking lot.

They told her they couldn't install her battery as something was "frozen" under the hood and they couldn't take the responsibility, in case it broke. We brought the battery home and I installed it in 5 minutes. There was nothing wrong under the hood, at all.

It was probably best that they didn't install it!
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #27
beatleknight
2007 RTX
Formal Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinhonda View Post
I agree, again, my local dealer has a sterling rep in our community. I still prefer DIY or using a local mechanic I can watch and BS with. (I learn a lot too). I don't use him for oil changes unless it would happen to be an add on for a bigger job. But for tire/wheel jobs, and any non-warranty issues, he is priceless.
North or Clawson? I didn't know they only charged $10 if you provided the oil and filter.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #28
mtb
ROC Rank: Junior
2012 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserguy View Post
Yes I tend to agree, maybe 5-10% of shops will pull a fast one. I tend to be one of those with bad luck because 80 % of the time I have someone do work for me I can do myself, they either pull a fast one or screw up somehow.

To give an idea of how lucky I am.
Even when I brought my truck for the harness recall, because I had no choice, as soon as I got it, I tested the air, and it had no AC, immediately before I drove off I went to them and they took care of it, they forgot a connector.
I always put a small (magic) mark on the oil filter... and check the color and odor of the oil before taking it in.
I also put dots on each tire (clockwise/counterclock), starting with 1 dot then 2 dots/3dots/4dots . .
All that is needed is to check it before driving away too far.

mtb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #29
esimukka
2012 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickman View Post
I agree. I think anybody who goes to the stealership after the waranty is over is being sucked in, and paying way to much.

Find yourself a reliable mechanic and stick with him!
Agreed. We go to the local Honda dealership for oil changes/lubes and warranty work. Have for years and have never had an issue. You can also see the work being done which is nice. For our vehicles that are out of warranty, we have a local mechanic that does our work. Once again, have used him for years and have complete trust in his work. Since I don't do DIY for most services, trust is a huge factor. For me, I would never step foot in Wal Mart for anything, let alone having them touch my vehicle. Just a personal opinion. It's a shame to see people lose their options though, especially for those that have used them and rely on them for what looked to be a decent price.

2010 Pilot EXL. Mocha Metallic. No mods.

esimukka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #30
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: 9k Comma Club
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatleknight View Post
North or Clawson? I didn't know they only charged $10 if you provided the oil and filter.
Honda North. When I started going there some 7 or 8 years ago it was 15. Since they moved to their new location on Willow/Herndon it has been 10.
Maybe it depends how often you frequent them. I did buy the truck from them, but our CRV was from a private sale.
Same for Clovis Nissan, the few times I took my G35 there. It seemed to vary between $10-15.

Honda North, Clovis CA Sales 4 Service 3.5
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!

Last edited by rollinhonda; 11-21-2012 at 04:36 PM.
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.