Wiring harness - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Racks, Hitches & Towing

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Fin_s_guy
ROC Rank: Freshman

Wiring harness

I currently own a 2007 RTL that I wired to the tail lights for a 5 pin connector. Worked fine until my car was just totalled by 2 1/2' feet of saltwater from hurricane Sandy.

Knowing what I wanted to replace it after being given a nice insurance adjustment estimate, I'm picking up a 2012 RTL this week. Neglected to look, but has Honda gone to the single pole plug ready for something like this?

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...1#.ULKgh80V1S4

Thanks

Last edited by Fin_s_guy; 11-25-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Fin_s_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
PhotoMaster
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

If I'm understanding you went from a 5 pin on your old RL to a 4 pin on the new RL. The 5 pin had one extra wire (purple) for the backup lights. There is a harness that does a simple plug connection into and existing harness, that gives you full 7 pin connections for ebrakes and accessory connections (good for charging a camper battery). There are adapters for all sorts of connections but putting an adapter allows you to use you're old trailer, minus backup lights.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
PhotoMaster is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
PhotoMaster
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Duh! Bad moment for me. You are showing the five pinner. My bad. An adapter should fix that or you can get a new harness.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
Fin_s_guy

Re: Wiring harness

I would need the 5 pin for the brakes on the trailer in reverse. I was just wondering if there is a mounted plug now so I can use this adapter and plug directly in. I've seen them on older model suburbans and tahoes, and was hoping that the newer model ridgelines adopted this feature. Going to leave the one I have mounted on the 2007 for fear of losing a tail light or both. Driving in jersey is bad enough...don't want to push it blacked out if I lose a connection.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
PhotoMaster
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

I live in Ocean County, so I really do understand driving in NJ. Put over 400 NJ miles on today.

If I look through the RL service manual, it may tell me where the plug in connections are located on the underside. Then you'll have access to all 7 pins.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Fin_s_guy

Re: Wiring harness

Good to meet you jersey! We lived in Union Beach and have been relocated to my inlaws until I can get the home repaired. Kind of a blessing so my wife can get help from her mom with our 10 day old baby.

A trip to the dealership should answer my questions.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
PhotoMaster
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

In Lanoka Harbor and although we dodged a bullet, my friends lost everything. Their house is scheduled for complete demolition because the foundation is split down the middle. We have them staying with us until their house has been rebuilt. They are taking it hard, as one of them has lived there over 40 years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Racks, Hitches & Towing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.