2013 black sport running board, bullbar - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
3djedi
ROC Rank: Freshman
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

2013 black sport running board, bullbar

Could you guys recommend a set of running boards and bullbars that would like nice on a crystal black sport ridgeline. I would like them to match the black and silver rims of the sport. That, or I think all black would look pretty sweet on this black beast. Thanks!

On a side note, are both of these products fairly easy for a diy'er?

Todd
Attached Images

3djedi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
chrismarko
ROC Rank: Junior
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

Re: 2013 black sport running board, bullbar

very easy to install and if your looking for ideas on a 13 sport follow the link to see mine

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...720#post669720
westin bull bar-westin off road lights-8000k hid headlights and foglights-nerf bars-westin window vents-k&N drop in-viper remote start/alarm-truxxx/traxda lift kit-dominator hitch step-rugged liner tonneau cover-2x10 alpine type s subs-alpine type s components-alpine type s coaxials-atrend sub box-pioneer p5200dvd head unit-metra axxess-alpine 500w monobloc amp-alpine 300w 4 channel amp-pioneer gexp90xm sat tuner
chrismarko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
3djedi
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

Yours looks nice! Do you actually off road or do you just like having those hid lights?
Old 11-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
DeuceRon
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2011 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Most of the aftermarket running board/side steps are pretty easy to install as they use the existing threaded holes. Not sure about the bull bar, however I think you need to remove the bumper to install it. Good luck!

2011 Ridgeline RTL Nav - Dark Cherry - OEM hood shield, OEM roof rack, Husky floor mats, S5 Dude's custom sills and plate frame, bed graphics, Truxedo cover, vent visors, Raptor stainless tubes, Dee Zee mat, Infinity Reference dash tweets, Sportwings, OEM rear seat mat, 20" TSW Vortex Wheels and Nitto NT 404 Tires, Rampage LED tailgate bar, Stainless bull bar

2007 Lexus RX350
2008 Roush 427R Mustang
1932 Ford Deuce Coupe (sold)
1997 Corvette
DeuceRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #5
chrismarko
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

havent off roaded yet......no bumper removal for the bull bar.....need to cut some plasic and it is 6 bolts....the steps are 8 in total
westin bull bar-westin off road lights-8000k hid headlights and foglights-nerf bars-westin window vents-k&N drop in-viper remote start/alarm-truxxx/traxda lift kit-dominator hitch step-rugged liner tonneau cover-2x10 alpine type s subs-alpine type s components-alpine type s coaxials-atrend sub box-pioneer p5200dvd head unit-metra axxess-alpine 500w monobloc amp-alpine 300w 4 channel amp-pioneer gexp90xm sat tuner
Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
RidgelineSport
2012 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

Are there retractables out there or RL's? It would be nice to have the best of both worlds: The clean look of no step, but with convenience for those passengers who would benefit with the step engaged...
Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

I think Stainless Steel would look better on a Black truck, but of course is a personal choice, as personal tastes differ.

EBAY was my friend for great prices.

For the Bullbar, you don't have to remove the bumper, just the plastic shield under it, and make a couple of cuts in it, and re-install.

Looks great with PIAA Fog lights too!

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
msmith1965
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Running the Westin step tubes vs. running boards and the Steelcraft bulbar. The Steelcarft was one of the few I could find that is also described as functional. So, I wasn't going after looks alone but needed something to help protect the front soft underbelly of the RL. It has certainly helped as since getting this, I have not had any bumper damage (already replaced the bumper once) and the bull bar isn't damaged either. Bought black so if it becomes damaged, I can simply repaint if it gets too bad. The skidplate is also removable.

One caveat, the instructions are cr*p. They provide templates for cutting the splashguard behind the bumper and they are wrong. You should just measure the mounts yourself and make your own cuts. It's not hard, but it is irritating as I doubt the manufacturer could have ever tried this themselves. You do not have to remove the bumper but I did anyway as it is very easy and provides a more open space to complete the work.
-Westin nerf bars
-Honda OEM hitch and wiring harness
-Roof rack
-Grillcraft MX Series black mesh grill (upper and lower)
-Steelcraft black bullbar
-TRUXX 2" lift kit

Other vehicles:
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Ltd
2009 HD FLHX (103 ci)
2005 HD FXDL
2004 Kawasaki Brute Force 750
1994 Porsche 968 Cabriolet
1966 Chevy Chevelle SS (502ci BB)
msmith1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
3djedi
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

I found the APS bullguard on amazon for a good price but it says it fits 2006-2011. Did anything change in 2012? Will it fit the 2013?
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
chrismarko
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

mine was on my 2008 before my 13.....no changes in mounting position....just some of the plastic that needs to be cut...no big deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.