OEM Tonneau Cover Install - Page 6 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mods, Installs and How-To's

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #51
Embo_9
ROC Rank: Junior
2010 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Re: OEM Tonneau Cover Install

thanks Haar.

Am I correct in assuming it doesn't fold more than in the middle? In other words, it doesn't fold back flat against the cab, just once over in the middle.

Bruce

Former owner '06 Ridgeline RTL Redrock Pearl
'10 Ridgeline RTL Crystal Black
'06 VW Touareg Colorado Red
Embo_9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #52
oarnold
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2009 RT
Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embo_9 View Post
thanks oarnold.

I guess the real question I have is.....do you LIKE it and would you buy it again or would you try another type like the Bakflip?
I absolutely love it. Worked with it for four years now. Bit I'll be the first to say it is not for everyone - it depends on what cargo you are carrying and how you plan to use it.

I take mine on and off regularly. For some, it is a bit too heavy and lighter options are available. Some prefer more folds. I was "this close" and I mean very close to buying a Full Metal Jacket, but at the last minute realized I wanted to completely remove the cover often, and not have the retract container at the front of the bed.
oarnold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #53
ridgeline30152
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Redrock Pearl / Beige

I bought my 06 Ridgeline and it had the OEM tonneau cover installed on it.

That thing is freaking heavy to get off and back in the truck.

What a pain although thanks to this forum I replaced the securing bolts with cotter pins so at least it comes out quicker.
ridgeline30152 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #54
haar
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embo_9 View Post
thanks Haar.

Am I correct in assuming it doesn't fold more than in the middle? In other words, it doesn't fold back flat against the cab, just once over in the middle.

Bruce
Correct and it weighs probably 80 lbs or so. I usually strap it to the side of the bed with whatever im hauling or against the window if its something im worried about busting the window out.
haar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #55
AceBoogie
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RT
Crystal Black Pearl

I just picked up a used cover locally and definitely gonna do the 3/16 pin mod. I received just the cover with no hardware so my question is what is minimally necessary to install it. I know the rails for sure but can I get away with not buying the whole hardware kit?
AceBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #56
oarnold
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2009 RT
Crystal Black Pearl

The answer depends upon how much hardware came with your used cover. If it was just the folding cover, you are going to need the install kit. If you got the brackets (seen in this photo) you may be able to get by with just the rails. You will surely need those brackets.

It may not be as water-tight without the kit, as it contains some gaskets that seal the plastic corner parts that fit the rails together.

Also, I don't know how easy it may be to find the right bolts that secure the rails to the truck.

Here is a photo of the install kit that comes with the tonneau. If you purchase the kit by itself, I think it does not include the yellow snaps the secure the roof valence. Those must be replaced, and not reused, after removing the valence. New ones must be used.

Good luck.
oarnold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #57
AceBoogie
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RT
Crystal Black Pearl

Thanks for the info oarnold. Guess I'll need the rail kit and the hardware kit.
AceBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mods, Installs and How-To's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.